The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmace127

Here's one for Jason - Fredrik Kesiakoff of Pro Team Astana defending his yellow jersey in today's time trial stage of the Tour of Austria, which started and ended in our lovely village. M9 with Cron 35 Asph; tried the panning technique, it's more difficult than I thought, with the riders flashing by at over 50 km/hour...

Great image! I've also tried the panning with an M8 and its not that easy but after getting a few blurred shots I managed to get some keepers.

cmace127

Two more from NYC with the 24 lux.

Love it! Good job! I like the look of reflections a lot, its just finding them that can be tricky/not at the top of your mind. Then again, in a city like NYC, with so much glass, it must be a little easier.

cmace127

Here's some of the better panning shots that I got in Montreal a few weeks ago.

Most didn't come out that great as it was hard to actually track that fast. Those cars are fast!

Lloyd

Wallingford Kid's Parade, up the street from my house. When i was in first grade, or so, my bother, my sister, and i won first prize, in some category, in this parade. My mother had us dressed as King Neptune's Court. My Schwinn cruiser was covered in crepe paper and my older sister was towing my little brother in a gussied up wagon. :LOL:

Here are "The Dolls".

4. M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/4000s @ f/.95; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Nice series, Matt. Really like that last one a lot.

Lloyd

Thanks Dave, Steve, Lloyd, Matt & Mohammad

Steve - great shot of 'No Photos Please' :) Isn't that just begging for one?

Matt, Mohammed - definitely take a look at the lens. I am really shocked at how great it is considering you hear so little of it. I don't have the macro adapter but am now on the lookout. The .7MFD at 90mm without the adapter actually gets you very close. The detail at 100% is stunning. And the bokeh is just to die for. 10 blades vs the 8 on the Elmarit-M really makes a big difference

Matt - Love the Nocti shots. I see you are definitely getting great use out of it. The CA are very well controlled considering its a .95 lens

Here are some more....
More great shots, Ryan. That's a lens I've flirted with getting for some time. I think you're pushing me toward the edge. :eek:

RF_Licks

Thanks David Anderson, Steve, Mohammad, Ron, Charles, Ash, Ryan, Dan for the kind words a few pages back. My apologies if I missed anyone out. :salute:

Once again, plenty of wonderful pics from the past few pages everyone! :thumbup:

Ash, nice set from your "The Theyyams" of India series. The Olympic National Park is also excellent, some of the shots in this set has a nice looking film like pp!
MikeWoods, nice street series from Poland
Ryan, wonderful pics from Savannah as always!
Mohammad, excellent B&W shots & congrats on some of your pics being selected as Leica Mastershots!
Matt, I just realized you got a new "tool"? Excellent pics with that magical lens! Especially love the 4th shot on "The Dolls" set.
CharlesK, master of portraits!
Steve, more great stuff from the "hood"! Lets meet up soon.
David, excellent shots from NYC with your 24Lux!

Ash, once again congrats on your exhibition!

--------
Here's a few recent shots. Thanks for looking :)

Joe

#1 MOMA 28Cron

#2 Ouch! 50Lux ASPH

#3 Truth 50Lux ASPH

#4 "Waiting for train 50Lux ASPH

Lloyd

Dusted my lenses. Sensor cleaned. Film loaded. Got to start somewhere.

No better place than with my friend's usual superb images and conversions.:thumbs:

Best.
Hey! Great to see you over here Rayyan. Welcome back... hope you stay.

m_driscoll

Ryan: I went back to the camera store and that 90mm macro lens was already gone. :( Also, thanks about the Nocti photos. :D
Ryan: I esp. like the tomatoes. :thumbup:
Steve: Thank you, sir! :D
Steve: Great asymmetrical composition and pp in the first; nicely captured moment in the second. :salute:
Robert: Thanks! :)
Rayyan: Welcome back, my friend! ;)
cmace127: Those are both very cool. I like the first with the fence almost totally blurred out. :cool:
Robert: Great flame!
Lloyd: Thanks! Kind of a bear to process (my fault with the exposure) :eek:
Joe: Thanks! Yes, I had to get a bigger "toolbox". The museums are very photogenic, and Times Square is always fun; but, that last one's my favorite. Great framing and position of the people. Good eye, Joe. (I scrolled down and see that Lloyd agrees.) :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Can you remember when you were this excited about a parade?

M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/.95; ISO 160

M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/1000s @ f/.95; ISO 160

And, a little SEP2 B & W.

M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/.95; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.