The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtarka1

Matt & Charles, Thanks A Bunch! Matt, There Is A "Story" Here But, If I Tell Tell It "Someone Could Get Hurt"!:rolleyes::D:D!

dude163

thank Steve!

lots of excellent shots the last few days, hard to post when we have those impeccable SW USA shots from Luka!

thrice

Thankyou Steve, Mike and Matt!

I am always blown away by your NYC street shots Steve, they're very visceral and engaging.
I really like the recent set of your Boston shots.

Mike, your poland shots give me a sort of sombre mood, probably because of everyone looking away from the camera? Great shots :)

Matt, I really like that Noct shot, I really like it when the unique characteristics of that lens are used to great effect.

Thanks for your compliments David :)

These were shot with the 18 SE.

I particularly like the "phantom zone" shot :D and the interior with the old gilding.

18mm Distagon - just checking the comp/exposure AFTER I shot this with a 75mm on 4x5, the 4x5 shot includes the "fire display" which is 7m fireballs ejected from pillars barely visible in the foreground, we'll have to wait to see how that shot looks by comparison :)

Perspective correction done in post, obviously the 4x5 shot had perspective correction done in camera.

50mm C-Sonnar

My chrome 50 Lux ASPH should be arriving from my dealer by mid next week, I have a feeling my poor Sonnar will go on the chopping block, despite it's smaller size, The focus feels so temperamental due to field curvature and focus shift I miss too many shots. I do love the 'look' it produces though :(

Mike Woods

A terrific set of photos, Mike.

I especially like these two. Nicely subdued colors and composition.
Thanks David.

More from last month's trip to NYC.

Another cracker - great composition.

2. M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/.95; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, I like this a lot. Reminds me of how I feel sometimes :)

[
Mike, Love the impromptu shots of the wedding:)
Mike, Love the B&W street shots in Poland:)
Thank you Charles.

Mike: Nice set. Third one with the hat and the last one with the women touching the brim of her hat are my favs. The first probably because it's a representative detail drawn out of the event and stands out , as such. The last because of the framing, perfect focus, pp, and her body position.
Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Cheers Matt, you picked out my own favourites.

Mike, Go Out & Play In The Rain More Often! Killer Work!!!:thumbs:
LOL, thanks Steve - I guess fortune favours the brave!

Lovely Capture & Processing Rayyan!:)
+1

M9, 90 Cron asph
Lovely moment caught Steve.

Daniel, Once Again 3 Winners! Super Job! Congrats On The New Glass Coming!
+1, love that 2nd image.

Regards

Mike

Steve Fines

I wasn't going to go out today. Pouring with rain, on and off, and I didn't want to get my M8 wet:(

Anyway, I got itchy feet and went anyway. Strange that today was probably my best ever keeper rate. Came across a wedding, a 1964 Rolls Royce, orange shoes, and pretty girls.

Oh, and the M8 never missed a beat :D

Mike
Really like the last one - the framing and isolation of the woman in the hat works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.