The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

Dan/Ashwin/Ed: Great stuff, guys! Sorry, I missed it (really sorry:( ). :salute:

SLUGS rule! :LOL: :)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Ashwin: Thank you, sir. Sorry, i missed it too. Things did seem better today. :D

Cheers, Matt

You were missed.
Hope all is well.

Regards, Ed
++2!

Missed your smile and humor today Matt!

Sending along a good thought and a pray for you and the family.

. . . . . catch up with you at Glazers or the next field trip!

seakayaker

Now that's a SLUGfest, Ed. Great images! Funny how being in the same place can yield such different visions...I really have enjoyed yours, Dan's, and some others on the Flickr site...

Great stuff all around!
++2!

Great shots and post processing Ed!

. . . . . looking forward to our next field trip!

seakayaker

Love that last one Dan. How are you finding the 75 'cron compared with the VC Heliar?

Mike
Mike, the 75 cron is sharper and provides more detail then the VC 75/1.8 lens. I found when shooting the VC 75/1.8 that I enjoyed the output but I missed the VC 75/2.5 which had a sharper image to my eyes and was much smaller then the VC 75/1.8. I then saw some shots posted by others with the 75 Cron and loved the look. At that point the 75 cron went on my GAS list and I would get one when the opportunity came about. I was lucky to find one a new one at retail price back in June.

Bottom line is the VC 75/1.8 has a different look that others may enjoy more than the Cron or 75/2.5. If I were to have the opportunity to own two I would have the 75 Cron and the VC 75/2.5

shtarka1

Busy day. We gathered for the first official "Seattle Leica Users Group", affectionally named the the SLUG's.....9 of us rangefinder enthusiasts got together for a trip to Sedro Wolley, WA, off the North Cascades Highway and home to many abandoned farms and the old Northern State Hospital, also abandoned....

Here are pics of some of the gang....

Ash, I Wouldn't Want To Tango With These Guy's! All Heavy Hitters!:) Great Group & Set! BTW...Would Us "Boston Leica Dudes Be "BLUG's"? I'll Have To Talk To Joe About A Coalition!:D

shtarka1

A field trip up to Sedro-Wooly in search of the Northern State Hospital by a group of SLUG's (Seattle Leica User Group) to take some photographs of a closed Mental Health Hospital. You can find information by doing a search, there is a flickr site as well from people who previously have made it into the site. The place is said to be haunted by many ghosts.

The place is now home to 200+ at risk youth enrolled in a job corps program run by the Department of Labor.

We did manage a stroll onto the grounds and did have a brief opportunity to take a few photographs before a security officer who was quite polite asked us to leave and for us to arrange for a guided tour at a future date.

. . . . . any way . . . .

The Chapel

The Chapel Old Stain Glass Window Over a Entrance

Seven of the Nine SLUG Members Who Made the Trip

. . . . . and there is reported to be over a 1000 bodies in unmarked graves in the area behind the gymnasium shown in the background of this picture . . . . . is that ghosts raising out of the ground? Oh My!

M9 with a 75/2 Cron
Dan, Fine Group & Lovely Color & Selective Focus On The 3rd Image! Nice To Get Out With The Boy's Once In Awhile!:)

m_driscoll

Ashwin: Brilliant photo of EMP! Love the subtle shift in color in the reflection.
Dan/Ashwin: Thanks! Big landscapes with the M9 are my bête noire.
Dan: Perfect shot of those kite flyers. My favorite is your excellent "The Photographer". Composition, focus, pp, vignetting, all terrific.
Steve: Thank you, sir...two times.
Joe: Great interview!
Lloyd: Thank you!
Steve: Samurai...LOL.
Steve: Framing's great in "Over There".
Ashwin: Those B & W landscapes are very, very, good! Also, nice set from the workshop and a very revealing portrait.
Ed: Cool captures from the parade. IQ and color are great.
Mike: Suitably stunning landscape of your own. Sky's wonderful.
Robert: Very good 'bowling' photo! Nice viewpoint.

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.