The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_Licks

Thanks Lloyd ;) Lets have a meal there next time you're back in Boston! Lunch was great and at reasonable prices (opps.. sorry) :poke:

Thanks Charles, Mike, Steve!

Joe

mAlKhamis

Ed, lovely concept, i will search for a head for you, good job ! ;)

Charles, Lovely portraits with 75 lux, also nice sunset shots with 28 cron, excellent job my friend !!

Woody, like the shots with 50 lux, specially the orchid shot, good job !

Joe, so glad that you liked my shot, i also liked your street harvest (specially 2,4 and 6) , well done ! love the stories there, plus the star STEVE !! ;) cheers!

Wolverine, excellent work with 90 elmarit, great job !

Robert, nice composition with little girl, good job !

CharlesK

Steve, Joe and Mohammad, many thanks:)
Wolverine, very nice shots with the 90 Elmarit!
Robert, nice shot of your girl:)

wolverine

Thanks all. The 90 is proving to be very versatile. I am not a frequent poster but I am a daily reader. Everyone here is an inspiration for me. I plan on more posts as and hopefully come half way close to the excellent work here. :salute:

Lloyd

Testing the 90 elmarit, latest version on the M9. Just snaps to test. Very sharp and the colors are great. The first is to check focus point and is spot on. The next three are for testing colors. Portraits are also very good. I think I am going to like this lens.
Very nice set. I love my 90 Elmarit (I have the same version). Truly terrific lens. I've had 5 90mm M-mount lenses, and this is my favorite. Looking forward to more results! :salute:

Lloyd

Nice shot, Mohammad. Strange to still see snow this late. We have it still as well, but it's still very odd.

m_driscoll

The Palouse, Eastern Washington State; Winter wheat.

1. M8-2; 75mm f/2; 1/500s; ISO 160

2. M8-2; 90mm f/2.5; 1/1000s; ISO 160

3. M9-P; 75mm f/2; 1/1000s; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

4. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 160

5. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Wow, let me just say, WOW! Impressive images, Joe, Robert, Woody, Matt, Wolverine, Charles & Mohammad

Joe, you and Steve make magic when you are together. Lovely capture with the 75 lux. The side bag on the bike is also amazing!

Robert, despite the weather, amazing caps.

Woody, adorable capture of the dog. Spot on.

Matt, the Palouse images should make a book or a show...Fantastic imaging and conversion!

Mohammad, great scene, great style!

Wolverine, a schmorgesboard of colors. Lovely vibrance!

Charles, lovely capture of the family on the beach. Was she is wife or daughter?!?

ashwinrao1

Ashwin:#1. Initially seems imbalanced; but the weight of the shadow counteracts the vector of the man 'facing' left. My eye is still drawn into the shadows to the man's right. Intent? Excellent photo, in spite of, or because, of that. #2. Makes an excellent B & W; but, having seen the golden tones and detail of the color one... #3. Awesome capture and composition. #4. Comp., tone, detail, light; all good.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Thanks, and yes, Matt,in number one, it was my intention to have the viewer struggle between light and dark. While the rule of 3rds was applied to frame the primary subject in light, I wanted to give dominance to the ares of shadow, both literally and figureatively...

As for #2, it was more of an exercise in colaboration with the image above it. I am a fan of the richness of the color image as well..

Thanks for the critique. I am lovin' in it. Much work to do, much growth to accomplish....sorry to have missed ya at the show tonight...I came just after you and the family left....

ashwinrao1

A small Leica vignette (shot with a K5 & stellar FA lenses, but you'd get the point, I hope ;)

Leica themed...(K5 shot)
Curious guy:

Looks like he's onto something ;)

That's the issue that he was looking for....

& She's certainly impressed by his choice of literature...

CharlesK

Ashwin, thank you:) Yes the family portrait was of the daughter and father, with the mother in the background:)
Mohammad, fascinating almost surreal shot! Love it:)
Matt, love the art form and shape in the shots of the wheat fields!:thumbup:
Ashwin, excellent and fun series:thumbup: Love the rendering with the 50/1.5 Sonnar!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.