The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_Licks

Apologies everyone for my late reply but thankfully "Irene" passed through our town with minimal damage. Hope everyone else is safe.

Also, thanks for the earlier comments to my Acadia pics, much appreciated: Matt, Steve, Ed, Joe, Mike, Robert, David, Ash and everyone else!

Going back the past few pages,
Matt, love those wonderful compositions from your Palouse and wheat fields set. Really excellent work there!
Mountainjoe, congrats on your 50Lux! The portrait on your first post with this lens is really nice!
MikeWoods, congrats on your 90Cron but you have since returned it? That first shot with the reflection water reflection is excellent!
Ash, lots of excellent shots from you. Good catch on that monk with the SLR! Also love the Moire Machine shot, excellent composition and colors. The dance troupe shot is another excellent one!
Steve, hmm .. that pic of me a few pages back, shouldn't you be shooting the subject rather than me? :p and congrats and (envy) on your new monster glass!! Love those B&W shots. Lets go out shooting soon (I am going to drool over that 0.95) :D
Ed, love that last shadow shot on the earlier 35FLE set! Really like the vibrant colors of your recent shots.
DavidE, love that first building shot at High Line Park and the cat poster with the 24Lux. Your B&W processing is excellent as always.
Daniel, nice casual street series from Perth. Also, your landscape pics never fail to amaze me, really superb work!
Robert, very nice flare test with the 50Cron!

Again, my apologies if I missed some of your post and comments.

-----
A few more from Acadia NP last week.

Otter Cliff, 28Cron

90 Smmarit

Went back to catch the sunrise next morning. 90 Summarit

ashwinrao1

Jason, HUGE congrats. I seem to remember a bit of a scare a few months back, and it's great to see such a new healthy addition to the family. Super happy for ya, bud!

ashwinrao1

Ash, lots of excellent shots from you. Good catch on that monk with the SLR! Also love the Moire Machine shot, excellent composition and colors. The dance troupe shot is another excellent one!

90 Smmarit

Thanks, Joe! Now, these images, friggin fantastic demonstration of how light matters so much!

m_driscoll

Matt, love those wonderful compositions from your Palouse and wheat fields set. Really excellent work there!...

Again, my apologies if I missed some of your post and comments.
-----
A few more from Acadia NP last week.

Otter Cliff, 28Cron

90 Summarit

Joe: Thanks. :D These are exceptionally nice. Again, I really like the rich tone of your processing. I have a baseball cap from Acadia NP that I wear around occasionally. A souvenir from about eight years ago. Beautiful, but tiny, NP. :thumb up:

Glad Irene wasn't too hard on you guys.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

m_driscoll

Thanks, Matt, Steve, Dan, Mike, Robert (more blues comin' my friend) et al...

A few more to share...

1. Hahah!

2. In plain sight

3. Stoney eye

4. All alone cone....

5. Dance troupe pose
Ashwin: You, and, Steve are prolific shooters! Nice job charming the 'troupe' into that pose! #5 (pose/disinterested looks/comp), #4 (cone /empty street/walking lady), #2 (juxtaposition of man and letters/what does it mean?), #1 (gestures/smiles/comp/'HDR' pp), and #3 (comp/makes me back away?), in order of my preference. :thumbs: :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Ok, GetDPI swallowed my post, so here are cliff notes...
Matt, I like both your versions of that Palouse scene very much, I am first and foremost a sucker for good colour though :)...

I had a whole explanation for this shot but cbf now :p
M9 and 18mm distagon. No blending or bracketing for exposure, no changes to exposure or saturation in lightroom (believe it or not!). The light was controlled by filters and exposure manually set.

And here's a far more conventional shot with the 35mm C-Biogon

This guy was hovering back & forth on the updraft from the dunes the entire 45 mins or so we were shooting!
Daniel: Thank you, Sir! :D This is 'otherworldly'! Shot on Pandora? You're and artist with light, color, and exposure. :salute:

I, often, hit the wrong button and lose everything I wrote before it's posted. It's a pain trying to remember all of the brilliant and witty comments, I had written down.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

dude163

Congrats Jason!

RF : Love those Acadia pics , Id have those 2 mounted , then go back in a month or 2 when the leaves change to fall colours and take another pair! ( then you could do a winter pair too!) great work!

Markus Dagnell

Ok, after the test shot I'm a bit wary of the portraits I took but here goes :

wife, eldest, youngest

I achieved the look I was going for , but I wish I had used a bit of fill in flash :(
now at least the 3 8 x 10 frames in our family room will now have photos in them :)

any critiques welcome, thanks
Robert
Bring the file into photoshop, open up the shadows(push the curve to the left upper corner) with a curve then ad second curve to ad contrast through a s-curve.(Instead of fill flash:) I like the last image a lot!

Markus

Status
Not open for further replies.