The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Jono: The bracken head series in B & W is very interesting. Natural forms, but almost lifeless. Certainly look at them differently.
Dan: Thanks. :D Black and white? Shades of gray? "Mr. Smith goes to Washington"? I know what you're saying, but, some days, a wacked out HDR might actually be more representative! :ROTFL: (sorry, that's a bit cynical, isn't it? :eek:)
Lloyd: Thanks. It does have a different 'expression" then the B & W one.
Lloyd: Thanks! :D That's one of those where you zoom in and say "hey, that's cool". Cropped and 'framed'. Pretty incredible lens.
David: Great set of photos from Rhodes. The tonality of your B & W gives a sense of the strong light and warmth of the island. I esp. like the last one with the man and the two kids.
David: The color photo at the harbor is excellent. Terrific composition and very natural color.
Robert: You've been posting some nice shots of your very photogenic kids. Cool 'crop' on the first.
Mohmmad: Thank you!
Mohammad: Nice capture and pp of the sculpture and the man.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Double Negative

Not Available
Nice, Michael. Especially the cupid shot. Love how that Sonnar renders.
Thanks, Lloyd! The Sonnar is a lens from the Gods!

Amazing capture here!!!!
Thanks, Ashwin! Loving your Solstice shots. Goth cuties never get old. :p

Michael you are a lucky man with the beautiful location a couple of blocks away from work! Wonderful shots as usual!

Thanks for the kind words Michael, they are appreciated. Yes, the CV 75/1.8 and 50/2 Cron had to leave to make room for the 75/2. (. . . . . and I still hope to sell a couple of more lens to cover the new arrival)

btw, I have not heard of a 'pissing cupid' before, does it have another name?

. . . . . and it is a beautiful shot of a 'pissing cupid'!
Indeed, being so close to the beach has its benefits! Makes the commute worthwhile, and is a great way to blow off a lunch hour. I need to find a new haunt though (and I have been branching out).

I can understand that. But I think it's a fair trade off!

A "pissing cupid" is another name for a cherub fountain; some of them, well, are peeing... :D

Lloyd

My 85 year-old-father meets five-day-old twins, Ashton and Pearce, his newest great-grandons.

M8, 50 Cron, ISO 640:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks LLoyd, it was my first time on a trip without my DSLR, just the M8 plus a small pocket TZ10, quite liberating! The great thing was that nobody played the blindest bit of notice of me with the M8.
I've had the same experience. Much more convenient, size-wise, and no one paid any attention to me at all.

A Symi afternoon.

Another winner. Wonderful color.

Double Negative

Not Available
Very nice, Michael. I especially like these two. I enjoyed the entire gallery. So were you in costume like the other photogs?
Thanks, Lloyd! Yes, these two are among my favorites also. I know one of those 100 is going up on my wall... Just not sure which yet. :p

I wouldn't say I was in costume... But I had on a bright blue/white Hawaiian shirt so as not to look like a tourist. Photo vest? Don't think so. :D

Braeside

What lens did you use? These are beautiful.
Mostly the Zeiss 18mm Distagon, but I also used the small 28mm Elmarit ASPH quite a lot. The harbour shot was taken with a CV 35 Skopar Classic.

I carried the 50 Cron and CV 75 Heliar but used them only a couple of times on the trip.

Mono conversion was done in Aperture, quite a lot of orange filtering to give the effect I wanted. The colour shot was also adjusted a bit in Aperture to make it slightly more monochromatic, again to get the effect I desired rather than be entirely accurate.

Thanks for all the nice comments, much appreciated. I'm always a bit nervous about posting my shots and I know I should also comment on the work of others in this thread, but often am totally in awe of the art here and am not able to add much besides wow! It does inspire me to try harder, many thanks.

Lloyd

Mostly the Zeiss 18mm Distagon, but I also used the small 28mm Elmarit ASPH quite a lot. The harbour shot was taken with a CV 35 Skopar Classic.

I carried the 50 Cron and CV 75 Heliar but used them only a couple of times on the trip.

Mono conversion was done in Aperture, quite a lot of orange filtering to give the effect I wanted. The colour shot was also adjusted a bit in Aperture to make it slightly more monochromatic, again to get the effect I desired rather than be entirely accurate.

Thanks for all the nice comments, much appreciated. I'm always a bit nervous about posting my shots and I know I should also comment on the work of others in this thread, but often am totally in awe of the art here and am not able to add much besides wow! It does inspire me to try harder, many thanks.
Thanks for posting the lens info. Very interesting.

I can certainly understand being in awe of the talent here. But I can see no reason you should be... your work is outstanding. However, I would encourage you to comment on other people's images. We have a couple of people who "post and run", rarely, or even never commenting other people's postings, and I know that there are a few people (and honestly, I have to count myself in that group) who find that it a bit one-sided. I know most of us appreciate acknowledgment, and a quid pro quo seems appropriate.

Last edited:

CharlesK

Matt, mAlKhamis, Jono, Joe, Ashwin and Joe, thanks so much for the kind words!!
MAlKhamis, Great shot! Love the man with drum.
Jono, very nice impromptu portrait. Also I really like the poppy shot, but fav from the set was #2. Also very nice B&W shots of bracken ferns.
Michael, love the shot of the bathtub, excellent lighting. Nice set from the Coney Island Mermaid Parade!
Daniel, great to see you with the M9:) Really nice set. I like the architectural shots.
Dan, very nice set of the Lily pad.
Joe, great captures!!
Robert, glad your daughter is well now. Very nice shots!!
Matt, love the colours in your new shot!! Stunning flower set:thumbup:
Ashwin, thanks again for all your comments! Great set from the Solstice festival!!! Terrific composition and PP'ing :thumbup:
David, Superb set from your recent trip to Rhodes Island. Love the B&W conversions too.
Lloyd, excellent portrait of your father:)
If I have missed anyone, I do apologize!!!

Shots from Bangkok. With the M9, with the 50 Lux Asph:)

mAlKhamis

Matt, thank you so much friend, glad you liked it, cheers! :)

Michael, love the you Festival set, really enjoyed it, cheers!

Lloyd, what a lovely warm shot, great capture !! cheers!

Charles, Another set of lovely expressive portraits, well done !

CharlesK

Lloyd and mAlKhamis, thanks:)
mAlKhamis, very nice take on a Classic! Excellent PP'ing too.
Lloyd, excellent portraits of your eldest!! I really like the rendering with the 90 Elmarit.

Status
Not open for further replies.