The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Woods

Couple more from Poland....

...and then a couple from a walk the other evening:

Have a good weekend everyone!

Mike

mAlKhamis

Steve, Hermann, Lloyd, Joe, and every one else i may missed, thank you so much for the kind words on my humble images, and i'm so glad that you all can read my msgs in my shots, cheers! to you all

Robert, beautiful shots for your beautiful little girls, Nice lighting !

Don, you grand canyons set is breath taking, amazing work, well done !!

Anthony, Excellent Panning shots for the Nascar, great job !

Charles, again stunning portraits for the those monks, well done my friend, the 1st one is my fav

Mike, you know how i'm obsessed with B&W, and hence i really liked your last shot, good job and have a wonderful weekend yourself !

Lloyd

Kids leaving the bus on the last day of school, they are a bit excited to be done until september . I cant recall if that kids clothes were magenta, or if its because of the IR problem with the M8.
Definitely looks like and IR issue. Did you have a UV/IR filter on the lens?

Nice shot of the plane in the clouds, BTW.

Lloyd

Here are a few from the NASCAR event in Sonoma. We went on the Friday before the actual race so we only got to see the practice runs and qualifying rounds. Got the chance to take a few photos with M9 with either the 90 'cron pre-ASPH or the 50 Noct 1.0. Here are a few shots:
Nice set of images, Anthony. Thanks for sharing.

Lloyd

Shots of young Buddhist monks at the Wat Bovornnives Vihara temple with the 50 Lux Ashp and M9:)
I really enjoy these portraits of yours, Charles. Not only technically excellent, but a great collection of some very interesting people.

Lloyd

We're in the midst of "monsoon season" down here...early morning light is very subdued...all pics shot with Zeiss 85/4 Tele-Tessar ZM wide open...don't know how the very fine detail will render when downsized and jpegged, but here's a try.

Roy Benson
Same story...very subdued lighting in the early AM...shot with the 135/2.8 Tele-Elmarit (one with the goggles) wide open...here again hoping that the very fine detail will still be rendered despite downsizing and jpegging.

Roy Benson
Very nice images, Roy. Love the rendering here. BTW, where is "down here"?

dude163

Definitely looks like and IR issue. Did you have a UV/IR filter on the lens?

Nice shot of the plane in the clouds, BTW.

Funny you mention that Lloyd

the kid shots were NOT with a UV/IR filter, they showed up last week and I didnt have the nads to 6 bit code my lens, so after the firmware came out I basically said screw it and did the :

firmware, sharpied the cron, popped on the uv/ir and took a few nice shots.

Im not sure if its a placebo, but my images seem to *pop* more now, and are way easier to post process.

re: plane shot, thanks! that one was thanks to the massive viewfinder and serendipity

shtarka1

shtarka1

CharlesK;330174 Shots of young Buddhist monks at the Wat Bovornnives Vihara temple with the 50 Lux Ashp and M9:) [IMG said:
http://kalnins.zenfolio.com/img/v25/p709254673-5.jpg[/IMG]
Charles, once again you captured the Soul! His Spirit Radiates! I :salute: You!

CharlesK

Ryan, Mike, Lloyd, Mohammed and Steve, thank you for the kind words:)
Mike, another very nice set from Poland!! Love the last B&W shot!!

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Finally got a few minutes of sun this AM in Boca Raton, FL...took the 135/2.8 Tele-Elmarit out for a run in the sun. Lens has an interesting history...it is at least 40 years old...I used one for back of the altar/exchanging vows wedding shots during my salad days. ..the goggles give you the 90mm frame, but it is still a real bear to focus and frame...but if you get it right, it's a real sharp instrument. Amazingly, you can pick up this lens on eBay for around $350-$400.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

dude163

I finally had the guts to 6bit code my summicron , as I wanted to use the new UV/IR filters I got from leica, plus I installed the latest firmware , I find these shots are a lot clearer than the others I normally take, was the IR problem that bad on the M8?

these are some test shots , so comments / critiques are welcomed

the skin tones for example on this shot came out almost perfect right out of the camera

Lloyd

I finally had the guts to 6bit code my summicron , as I wanted to use the new UV/IR filters I got from leica, plus I installed the latest firmware , I find these shots are a lot clearer than the others I normally take, was the IR problem that bad on the M8?

these are some test shots , so comments / critiques are welcomed
Yes, the M8 had (has) significant issues with IR. Actually, when I'm shooting specifically for B/W, I really don't mind it. And as for coding, I don't think it really makes much difference on longer focal lengths. The coding doesn't impact IR, per se, but rather it help deal with the vignetting which is otherwise a problem on lenses 35mm and wider.

Lloyd

Finally got a few minutes of sun this AM in Boca Raton, FL...took the 135/2.8 Tele-Elmarit out for a run in the sun. Lens has an interesting history...it is at least 40 years old...I used one for back of the altar/exchanging vows wedding shots during my salad days. ..the goggles give you the 90mm frame, but it is still a real bear to focus and frame...but if you get it right, it's a real sharp instrument. Amazingly, you can pick up this lens on eBay for around $350-$400.

Roy Benson
Very nice images, Roy. I'm impressed with the texture and color of the first image. And the bokeh in the 4th image is buttery smooth. That 135 is a performer. I may need to pick one up. :thumbup:

kirio

Thanks you for all the kind comments.

Kirio - Great set from Sonoma. That is a race I have always wanted to go to. The first three pans are awesome....what was your keeper ratio? I assume those were with the 90 Cron?
Yes, the pan shots were taken with the 90 cron. These are about 50% crops. I would say keeper ratio was about 40%. I tried to keep the shutter speed at 1/125.

YamasDigital

Great images Bob, Ben and Roy. Returned from my 1st trip to NYC. Here are a few:

Pizza dinner in Manhattan:

Jazz in Central Park:

View towards New Jersey from Battery Park:

Urban Sunset (Pier 66):

Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.