The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

Thanks so much, Lloyd & Steve. By having Matt and other GetDPI folks here, and by having a chance to spend time photographing and getting to know all of you three, has added to the experience of photography! You guys rock, and you were there with me, in my mind at least!

DavidE

Thanks Lloyd, Steve, and Ashwin. Much appreciated.

Is the shot of the woman reading selective color, or was her dress really that spot on the same as the bench?
Not so much selective color, as heavily processed. I didn't use selective color on the dress, but did selectively drain the color in a few other places. I like that there's some slight color throughout the stones. She did have a white dress on that matched her surroundings. It seemed as though she might want people to take her picture (probably just my imagination or wishful thinking).

Here's a similar shot.

m_driscoll

Mike: The humors back! Nicely seen.
David: Thanks!
David: Great angle on the first and capture/composition/pp on the second. Very cool second set.
Ashwin: Terrific set of photos! Great fun at your opening.
David: The two from the church are brilliant. The first, especially, so.
David: She's giving you a "you're not from here, are you?" look Nice composition.
David: I like the second one, also. Thanks for the info. Hard not to take her picture.
Steve: Taking that first photo could get you in trouble. Great pp on both.
Kristian: Intense color, look, light, and composition.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Mike Woods

I love this one, Mike.

A wonderful, subtle composition... and so silvery. It almost looks like an engraving. :salute:
Thank you David. I really like this one of yours.

Just as Steve says... all stunning; this one, however, Love it!
Thanks Lloyd.

Mike, for some reason I Identify With This Shot, "Beyond Help!":D Nice Grab!
Cheers Steve, you and me both!
Another one from the other night, and, one for Robert.

1. M9; 50mm f/.95; 1/125s @ f/.95; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/.95; 1/4000s @ f/.95; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, both really nice. Love the processing on the 2nd.

Regards

Mike

rsolti13

Ashwin - congrats on what seems like a great opening! Must be a blast hosting an event like that

Robert - love the shots of the cars. EXCELLENT composition and the pp is great as well

Mohammed - your shot a couple of pages back on the beach is excellent. Very crisp image

Matt - great shots with the Nocti. I particularly like the Mustang. The pp really adds to that shot

David - I can't get enough of your work with the 24 Lux. Great shots, especially the woman on the bench!

baudolino - the image of the sunflower is awesome. Excellent rendering with that lens...its on my list :)

Kristian - great shot of Superman :)

Lloyd

Steve: Love the shot of the kid in the T-shirt. I want that shirt!
Kristian: Great shot of Superman. Wonderful light. Good thing you used the M9-P, so he couldn't tell what you were shooting with, eh? ;)
Matt: That shot of the Mustang is stellar. The emblem on the grill looks positively 3D.

Here's one for Jason - Fredrik Kesiakoff of Pro Team Astana defending his yellow jersey in today's time trial stage of the Tour of Austria, which started and ended in our lovely village. M9 with Cron 35 Asph; tried the panning technique, it's more difficult than I thought, with the riders flashing by at over 50 km/hour...

Excellent!! I'd say you nailed it!

Yep, not easy. Zone focus f/11 1/30th and hope for the best :D

leicashot

Kristian: Great shot of Superman. Wonderful light. Good thing you used the M9-P, so he couldn't tell what you were shooting with, eh? ;)
Matt: That shot of the Mustang is stellar. The emblem on the grill looks positively 3D.
The light was the sun reflecting off a building's windows so it was really nice.....love it when that happens ;-)

shtarka1

Thanks Lloyd.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.