The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Wow, so fast this thread moves....

First off, thanks to even more of you for your kind words on my exhibit. It's up through August 18th, so if any of you come through Seattle, I'd love to show you around....

Rayyan: Welcome back, my friend. Lloyd and I spoke very warmly of you when I visited with him in Salt Lake. I've missed you, and can't wait to see what magical images you have to share from your time away and what new captures you can create once you have dusted off the Leica kit...
Ashwin, that is really wonderful news. Very very well deserved.
You guys are wonderful folk and it is a privilege to know you.

Just dusted them Ashwin, can at least shine them lenses and long for some travel!!

Take care and my very best regards.

Lloyd

I know a lot of you use silverefexpro, does anyone else use colorefexpro? this is the "Velvia" preset from film styles
I like the treatment here, Robert. (Beautiful scene). I have the entire NIK Suite, but tend to use ColorEfex Pro 3 and Silver Efex Pro 2 the most.

Nice work on the desaturated image as well.

shtarka1

35mm ZM C-Biogon. This shot taken at comparable settings to my 135mm planar on 4x5, I guess we'll see which resultant image looks best when I dev the tranny.

Daniel, Knock Out Shot! Stunning!!!
This one was just desaturated as it was too green ( all this dang rain!!)

Like Watching Dorothy Stepping Into The Enchanted Forest! Dreamlike. Love It!
This is a pp work in progress:

M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/500s @ f/.95; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, Been Staring At These 2 For Awhile Trying To Decide Which I Like Better. Slight Nod To The Color, So 3 Dimensional!Your Bonding Well With That Noct!:)

sjg284

Mike, Steve, Lloyd, Matt - thanks much! Glad to be back with something to post.. been too long.

The Citroens were a tough call bw vs color.. here's the other version-

This is one of my favorites I came back with..
M8 & 50lux v1

more M8 & 50lux v1

RF_Licks

Thanks Matt, Ash, Steve & Steve

Matt, nice capture of the girl and I'm enjoying your series with the 0.95. Keep sharing! If you ever feel that this new "tool" is too heavy, send me a PM and I'll gladly take it off your hands :)
Steve, nice set from Paris with the M8!
Ash, the first shot is really nice, love the composition! Just curious, where was this taken?

thrice

Thanks Lloyd, Kristian and Steve :)
I recently spent a week in Melbourne so these are all from there.
50mm C-Sonnar

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Such An Innocent & Surreal Shot Matt! Brilliant!:thumbs:
Love this. And in truth, it's been a long time.
Steve/Lloyd: Thank you, gentlemen! :D I'm a little jaded. I almost didn't walk up to the parade; but, had to pass through it to get to the closest Starbuck's. :D

35mm ZM C-Biogon. This shot taken at comparable settings to my 135mm planar on 4x5, I guess we'll see which resultant image looks best when I dev the tranny.

Daniel: Really great light on the building. Beautiful detail and color. :thumbup: BTW: what is the building?

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt - Pure muscle, awesome....
Steve: Thanks! :D Just sitting there when I came out of a restaurant.

I know a lot of you use silverefexpro, does anyone else use colorefexpro? this is the "Velvia" preset from film styles
This one was just desaturated as it was too green ( all this dang rain!!)
I like the treatment here, Robert. (Beautiful scene). I have the entire NIK Suite, but tend to use ColorEfex Pro 3 and Silver Efex Pro 2 the most.

Nice work on the desaturated image as well.
Robert: +1! :thumbup: I use the same two programs a lot. And, I've occasionally gone "velvia"! :D

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt, Been Staring At These 2 For Awhile Trying To Decide Which I Like Better. Slight Nod To The Color, So 3 Dimensional!Your Bonding Well With That Noct!:)
I'm with Steve on this... slight preference for the color version. It's a close call, however.
Steve/Lloyd: Thanks for the comments. Mine too, although there was a lot of reddish fringing, esp. on the girl. I wonder if the ND filter has any negative impacts?

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Mike, Steve, Lloyd, Matt - thanks much! Glad to be back with something to post.. been too long.

The Citroens were a tough call bw vs color.. here's the other version-

This is one of my favorites I came back with..
M8 & 50lux v1

more M8 & 50lux v1
Steve: Haven't seen a “deux chevaux" around here in a while. Cool little cars. The second one is my favorite. Great combination of elements and vectors. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

thrice

Thanks Matt, Steve and Lloyd (in no particular order :p)

Here's a self portrait with my sister :) 35mm C-Biogon

these two are 35mm C-Biogon (a ridiculously sharp/flawless lens) as well

thrice

Daniel: Really great light on the building. Beautiful detail and color. :thumbup: BTW: what is the building?

Cheers, Matt

Hi Matt,
It's the Flinders Street railway station in Melbourne CBD. The great light is due to a very bright LED-based sign over the road from the station. I timed the shot with the brightest of the alternating images on the sign. Melbourne has an extensive tram network. The 4x5 shot should feature a motion-blurred tram as well :)
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.