The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Here's a self portrait with my sister :) 35mm C-Biogon
Very nice SP, and your sister is beautiful. :bugeyes:

I really like that fireworks shot, and what struck me beyond the fireworks was the green and white lights at the water's edge. Very interesting reflections.

BTW, I enjoyed the entire Melbourne set on your blog. I have a friend who lived there at one time, and speaks of it often, but I'd never seen what it looks like.

thrice

Here're a couple of Panos; first is a single frame with 18mm Distagon, cropped. Second shot is 8 or so 35mm C-Biogon vertical frames stitched.

Lloyd

These are flat out terrific, Daniel. I'm really impressed with that first shot. Amazing dynamic range in that shot.

thrice

It's all about timing Lloyd, time of day makes shots like that easy with no filters. The 'blue hour'.
A separate light-meter helps, constantly monitoring highlights and mid-tones, since with Velvia you have about 2 stops over mid-tones for highlights there is a very narrow window!

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt, Ash, Steve & Steve
Matt, nice capture of the girl and I'm enjoying your series with the 0.95. Keep sharing! If you ever feel that this new "tool" is too heavy, send me a PM and I'll gladly take it off your hands :)...
Joe: Thanks! :D I'll let you know about the lens. I've got a special training program to build up my strength. Meanwhile, I've hired a camera "bearer". :ROTFL:

Thanks Matt, Steve and Lloyd (in no particular order :p)
Here's a self portrait with my sister :) 35mm C-Biogon
these two are 35mm C-Biogon (a ridiculously sharp/flawless lens) as well
Hi Matt,
It's the Flinders Street railway station in Melbourne CBD. The great light is due to a very bright LED-based sign over the road from the station. I timed the shot with the brightest of the alternating images on the sign. Melbourne has an extensive tram network. The 4x5 shot should feature a motion-blurred tram as well :)
Cheers
Daniel: Good "self-portrait" with your sister. Looks like you cut your hair. The series of shots from Melbourne are great. I really like the tone and composition of the fireworks photo. Also, thanks for the info. The 4x5 should be very cool with the tram.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

In front of the Starbuck's near the Pike Place Market. Sit at one of the outdoor tables, with dark sunglasses and a couple of cameras, sip your iced latte, and watch the parade. No UV-IR filters (too much of a pain to change when the lenses are swapped around).

1. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/2; -2/3 EV; IS) 160

2. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/2; -2/3 EV; IS) 160

3. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/3000s @ f/2; -2/3 EV; IS) 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Status
Not open for further replies.