The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

OK. So again, a couple of days away, and I'm hopelessly behind! I'll try not to miss anyone here. I can say that there really is some terrific work posted on this thread!

Rayyan: Great to see you posting here, my friend. Your magic hasn't dimmed a bit! Palpable texture in that shot of the old bridge.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. Like said above, marvelous work everyone.
Lloyd, thank you my friend.

It is old work, that I am digging up. Nothing new from me Lloyd.

rayyan

Ashwin, excellent work as usual.

Steve, you signature is all over the photographs.

Lovely work you two.:thumbs:

Regards.

ashwinrao1

Phew, it's been a bit crazy at work, but I had to jump in and acknowledge the great images that so many of you have posted.

First, thanks to you all, Lloyd, Steve, Mohammad, Rayyan, Bill, Charles, Kevin, Kristian, for your kind words.

Kevin, I did add grain in post-processing. ISO was probably 320 for that one, but grain was added for effect...

Edwin, great classic environmental portrait series

Steve, fantastic caps of "Capote" and the "Pure" pic is pure bada$$

Robert, the bokeh on that capture of your child is amazing. Great work. Come back from Takumar land LOL

Mike, great cap of the lady in the hat. Your processing is lovely and up to your usual highest standard

Mohammad, great capture of the dog. You are developing a unique and powerful style and it's a pleasure to see you grow here

Luka, more FANTASTIC Colorado Plateau images. You did the ultimate trip, in my opinion, of that region....lots of driving, but fantastic imagery!

David, perfection in patterns, as usual. Some of the recent posts are my favorites ever from you.

Charles, you are working that 75 lux so well. To be honest, this series and the article that you shared on facebook are some of the best work that I have ever seen from this lens. Incredible colors and use of controlled DOF!

Alan, great capture of the lifeguard stand. The WATE is amazing, and at times, I wish I had it again....

Don, amazing portrait. Fantastic work there

Lloyd, haha, you caught the missing color one before I moved it, did you!?! It's on the Nokton thread instead now...

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Beautiful detail and textural pp. Doesn't look like a very friendly "Lover's Walk".
Robert: I like the color version, better. More "in-your-face".
Steve: Gotcha...I'm now tapping my nose.
Steve: Thank you, sir. Right place; right time.
Steve: Your grouping of photos often makes one think about each with respect to the others. This set does that. Homeless; lost a home; and, at home. Excellent photos.
Daniel: Thanks! Great landscapes and portrait. I really like the composition and IQ of the portrait. I put my 50 lux on my new camera today and it seemed tiny!
Mike: Thanks. I, also, know what you mean. Me, too.
Mike: Does the guy have his umbrella hanging on his lower lip? You see it all of the time here in Seattle. "Attitude" captures exactly that. Great viewpoint.
David: Beautiful landscape of the bay and shot of the marine biologists.
Steve See how wrong GQ is! Nicely composed. Excellent pp. Another "threefer". Very contorted, cool, shot of the bike.
Mohammad: This is another superb shot in your unique style.
Luka: Stunning, awesome, brilliant! Very enjoyable vicarious journey through your eyes.
Edwin: Nice set of Bon Odori photos. I really like the sixth one with the light flare.
Lloyd: Thank you, sir!
Ashwin: Nice set. I like the subtlety of the last landscape.
David: Very cool interiors. The last one has some very interesting lines. The finish materials just blow me away. Super B & W.
Mike: Two more excellent shots. The spontaneity and viewpoint in the first is really nice.
Alan: Extremely sharp and brilliant color.
David: Very evocative second shot. Well done.
Charles Winter doesn't look too bad? Very pretty colors. #3 and #4 make excellent use of those two lenses.
Don: Test looks good to me. Intense face.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

YamasDigital

David, Ashwin, Charles and Luke: fantastic landscapes!
Matt, Steve, Mike and Edwin: Great street shooting!
Dude and Don: awesome portraits!
Mohammed: that's what I call capturing the moment.
I definitely unintentionally missed many other great shots.
No time for me to shoot. Here is a fun one and a shot of the yacht club in the early evening. Thanks for looking.

J

jto555

Thanks a lot for the comments guys! :) And great shots!

Here's the next set - Mesa Verde NP, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP

Mesa Verde:

Arches NP:

Canyonlands NP:

Hi Luka, great shots and fantastic processing. There looks to be some very subtle HRD going on there and if there is it is some of the best I have seen in a long time.

John

CharlesK

Matt, Mike and Yamas, thank you! I appreciate the kind words:)
Matt, very nice street capture, particularly the expression of the guy in #2!
Yamas, nice shots of the yacht club:)

shtarka1

Testing a Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.1

Shot at f/1.1 (the metada shows 1.4) ISO 500 1/250
Don, Great Advertisement For The Nokt!
Always a circus parade around...if you look.

1. M9; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/1000s @ f/.95; ISO 160

2. M8.2; 75mm f/2; 1/3000s @ f/2; -2/3 EV; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
2 Very Nice Looks With Bitingly Impressive IQ!
David, Ashwin, Charles and Luke: fantastic landscapes!
Matt, Steve, Mike and Edwin: Great street shooting!
Dude and Don: awesome portraits!
Mohammed: that's what I call capturing the moment.
I definitely unintentionally missed many other great shots.
No time for me to shoot. Here is a fun one and a shot of the yacht club in the early evening. Thanks for looking.

Too Inviting To Stare At For Long Periods Of Time! Let The Cravings Begin!:D
Delicious Shot Yamas!

Status
Not open for further replies.