The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
More b&w shots;

One with the CV 35mm f1.2 at f2

Encounter

One with the Zeiss 50mm f1.5 Sonnar - even the oof fg is pleasing with this lens!

Trieste

Cheers,

m_driscoll

Steve: Thanks, buddy!
Rayyan: Thanks! It took more pp then should have been necessary. I didn't expose well to capture his face.
gogopix: Not so hot out here; but, the "cool" still works for me.
Mohammad/Charles: Thanks.
Steve: Nicely done capture trough the window. Like the light/dark differences in the reflection and interior.
Steve: Well processed "Rock..."
Steve: "Dos Homens" - great B & W capture; smooth strong contrast
Steve: "Waiting..." is my favorite of this set. Strong lines and rhythm; doesn't fit the usual "left" to "right" read - the eye moves down the benches away from the subject and then has to come back to the man; he's looking right, so there should be more space in front of him to balance it; strong line of the benches counters that and brings the composition into balance; the clipped garbage can is the start of the two main vectors. Excellent unorthodoxy!
Mike: That third one's a little creepy - strong vignette at bottom makes it more so. Intriguing that he and the kid are in all three. That'd be an interesting photo essay? Sort of a "Where's Waldo" series. The second's my favorite - nice composition, but, in part it may be because he's sitting off to the side? Hard to separate the three. Terrific!
Rayyan: Love those colors and the horizontal divisions of the photo.
Mountainjoe: Thanks!
Steve: Three more excellent photos! It looks like you set up a blind in each and waited for the right subject? Whatever your technique, it worked well in all three. The double reflection and the movement blur in the first (as well as the guy way in the back photographing you!) make it my #1.
Mike: You've got this signature pp down! Same "Pret A Manger" - lots of interesting activity in that square. Nice timing with the last photo.
Mountainjoe: Good eye!!
Ashwin: A prize to anyone who can guess how many of those are film Leicas? Good work in that harsh light; however, you should have been more discerning about picking your subjects. I'm going to have to learn to close my mouth when I shoot. The one that i'm not sure about is the seventh "...abstraction..."? I'm looking for a more evident point/plane of focus at the grass in the upper foreground. Or, less focus at that point to make the composition more visually integrated. IMHO, of course. My favorite is the women/kid coming out of the fountain.
Robert: Yes - "adorable shot of your little darling!"
Dan: Aren't those the "ThumbsUP" people? Beautiful color, composition and IQ! The relationship of the flowers and the clown/balloons is perfect. It'd be interesting to see if that relationship could be made more evident by desaturating the photo? Great shooting with you, Ash, Ed and the others. We should do it more often.
Ashwin: Thanks, buddy! I had a great time. Your energy and passion is infectious. We'll do it again! (Now, I have to pp some of my photos from this weekend. You and Dan are fast!)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

At the Pike Place Market on Day 1 of the "Steve Huff Seattle Workshop - 2011":

1. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/4000s @ f/2; ISO 160

2. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/2; ISO 80

3. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/3000s @ f/2; ISO 80

4. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/90s @ f/.95; ISO 80

5. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/250s @ f/.95; ISO 80

6. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/45s @ f/.95; ISO 80

7. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/1000s @ f/.95; ISO 80

8. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/1000s @ f/.95; ISO 80

9. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/1500s @ f/2; ISO 80

10. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/1500s @ f/2; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt

Last edited:

Lloyd

Way behind again! Hard to keep up with all these great images.

Ashwin: Nice shots of your dietician friend. Love the b/w portrait in particular... beautiful eyes. The entire series from the Steve Huff workshop is great! But I have a question about the first shot... why just take pictures of your cameras? You could have added everyone else's too, couldn't you? :D Nice shots of our forum friends, Matt and Dan as well. Dedicated (and handsome) shooters for sure. And what the heck is Steve shooting with in that one shot?

Richardson: Welcome. Great post! The shot of the woman talking on the phone is incredible!

Bill CB: That shot of the "Gust Front" is amazing! Well seen and captured.

Mohammad: Really like the "Steet Shooter". Wonderful color as well.

Matt: "Two Blocks Apart" very interesting study in contrasts. I liked that redhead's hair as well. Good lookin shots of you from Ashwin! Nice shots from the workshop too. BTW, did I notice a new camera there? :eek: Jealous!!! Any noticeable differences?

Steve: What can I say?! Your street portraits are amazing. Loved "Unnoticed" and "Waiting for the World to Change" in particular. Great SP in "Faster than a Speeding Bullet". "Wake up" = great catch.

Mike: Your street shots are always such a delight. That series of the baby trolley pusher is great. Looks from that last shot like he was happy to have his picture taken... not! The other series was nice as well. You're really rockin' that M8, Zeiss 25 combo. Love the way that lens renders. I really enjoy your processing as well.

Rayyan: That shot of Scotland is beautiful. Looks cool and inviting. I need to go find my argyle sweater!

Joe: Nice series from Los Gatos. That "Two Blondes" shot is a crackup! Great catch!! "Encounter" is really nice as well.

Robert: Cool shot of the drink in the glass. ;) Love that far off look in your daughter's eye as well.

Dan: Great shot of you in Ashwin's series. Nice shots from you here. Love the processing. Very kewl. Amazing color too.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. If so, it was purely inadvertent.

m_driscoll

1.Great Moment,Contrast & IQ!
2.Read My Mind...Thanks!;):)
Steve: Thank you, sir. :D All weekend shooting photos made me a little dingy, and, I get verbose. ;)

Way behind again! Hard to keep up with all these great images...

Ashwin: Nice shots of your dietician friend. Love the b/w portrait in particular... beautiful eyes. The entire series from the Steve Huff workshop is great! But I have a question about the first shot... why just take pictures of your cameras? You could have added everyone else's too, couldn't you? :D Nice shots of our forum friends, Matt and Dan as well. Dedicated (and handsome) shooters for sure. And what the heck is Steve shooting with in that one shot?...

Matt: "Two Blocks Apart" very interesting study in contrasts. I liked that redhead's hair as well. Good lookin shots of you from Ashwin! Nice shots from the workshop too. BTW, did I notice a new camera there? :eek: Jealous!!! Any noticeable differences?
Lloyd: Ashwin wouldn't let us add our cameras to the pile!! :mad: Thanks for your comments. :D I picked the M9-P up last week. I was standing at the counter at Glazer's when the one I ordered came in! :) It does shoot a lot better without the logo and the model designation, and, with the sapphire LCD cover and the cool script! An apropos saying from my Rugby days: "Look good; play good" (or, "tuck in your jersey a_____e!") :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

edftwin

More b&w shots;

One with the CV 35mm f1.2 at f2

Encounter

One with the Zeiss 50mm f1.5 Sonnar - even the oof fg is pleasing with this lens!

Trieste

Cheers,
Very smooth BnW tone ! The sonnar is really a gem !

At the Pike Place Market on Day 1 of the "Steve Huff Seattle Workshop - 2011":

1. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/4000s @ f/2; ISO 160

2. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/2; ISO 80

3. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/3000s @ f/2; ISO 80

4. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/90s @ f/.95; ISO 80

5. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/250s @ f/.95; ISO 80

6. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/45s @ f/.95; ISO 80

7. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/1000s @ f/.95; ISO 80

8. M9-P; 50mm f/.95 w/8x ND; 1/1000s @ f/.95; ISO 80

9. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/1500s @ f/2; ISO 80

10. M9-P; 35mm f/2; 1/1500s @ f/2; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt

Great photos ! Love the smooth bokeh from your Noctilux ! Wish i could have a M9P with a nocti in my bag...

rayyan

Steve, Tiffany's is a gem of a capture.

Ashwin, Excellent set from the SteveHuff outing.

Matt, Pike Market Place seems to present wonderful opportunities for you.

Well done you three.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.