The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Matt, love the PP on the bicycle.
Yes, takes me a while to catch a joke.
Took me 2 days to figure out your upside down nuclear power plant joke.
Ed: Thanks! :D I don't even remember the jokes? :confused:

That's a great series Matt. My favourite has to be the bike, but the others demonstrate lovely isolation which I really like as well.
Mike
Mike: Thank you, sir! :D

To all Renegades of the Rangefinder, and Da Seattle Croo, especially: I've barely had had time to look at the photos recently, no less comment individually. Looks like the Steve Huff shindig went well, and I'm really enjoying the photos. With all those Nocts in one place, I'm surprised a critical mass of unobtainium wasn't created, generating a black hole which would suck all sunlight from Washington State. (Oh, wait, that was our July) :D
Anyway, hello to all, and just because you don't hear from me doesn't mean I'm not watching!
--Peter
P.S. Nice hat, Ashwin!
Peter: 1/3 of the unobtainium was brought in from Arizona which explains the absence of the black hole (except for July, of course!). :D

Yikes! Guess I can never get the 0.95 Nocti... I don't look good that way. :D
Lloyd: I was just kidding! (does anyone look good that way?) :LOL:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Selective focus, Iq & subject all Gorgeous! Great set Matt!
1st few with the 50 'lux:

Regards
Mike
Mike, Can You Fly This Guy Across The Pond? I Need To Photograph Him! He's Terrific! Great Juxtaposition! Excellent Set With The New Glass!!!
Mike: +1 to the "guy" shot. Also like the pp and quiet moment in the first and the OOF/IF in the second. :thumbup:

Shot from Time Warner Center. Not very original, but thought might give it a try with these yellow cabs
Ron, like the grid & all the cabs!:thumbs:
Ron: +1! Same here. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Some more from the Steve Huff workshop. Cooling off at the Seattle Center International Fountain in the blistering lower 70's heat!

1. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

2. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

3. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

4. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

5. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

6. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

7. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

8. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

9. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

10. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt.

Lloyd

A somber day.

This is all the smile Mimi could muster. Her dear friend, Tercia, lost her son, Raphael, to an IED in Afghanistan two weeks ago today. Born in Brazil, Rafi and his family came to the US ten years ago. Always smiling, always the first to lend a hand, he would have been 22 years old last Saturday.

With full military honors, he was laid to rest in his adopted country this morning.

Accompanied by Rafi's father, and her sons, Sergio (l) and Aundrey (r), Tercia offers a brave smile. She's actually doing amazingly well. She and Mimi have spend a lot of time together over the past two weeks, and she confided to Mimi that she is at peace with Rafi's passing. She is concerned about Aundrey, however, who is also in the Army and scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan sometime this fall. Sergio is currently living in Brazil, where his wife is pregnant with their third child. He told us this morning that he plans to return to the US, and will enter the military when he does.

M8, 1 and 3 with the 90/2.8 Elmarit. No. 2 with the 28 Cron.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

A somber day.

This is all the smile Mimi could muster. Her dear friend, Tercia, lost her son, Raphael, to an IED in Afghanistan two weeks ago today. Born in Brazil, Rafi and his family came to the US ten years ago. Always smiling, always the first to lend a hand, he would have been 22 years old last Saturday.

With full military honors, he was laid to rest in his adopted country this morning.

Accompanied by Rafi's father, and her sons, Sergio (l) and Aundrey (r), Tercia offers a brave smile. She's actually doing amazingly well. She and Mimi have spend a lot of time together over the past two weeks, and she confided to Mimi that she is at peace with Rafi's passing. She is concerned about Aundrey, however, who is also in the Army and scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan sometime this fall. Sergio is currently living in Brazil, where his wife is pregnant with their third child. He told us this morning that he plans to return to the US, and will enter the military when he does.

M8, 1 and 3 with the 90/2.8 Elmarit. No. 2 with the 28 Cron.
Lloyd: Not much I can say. Thank you for sharing these photos.

Cheers, Matt.

ashwinrao1

A somber day.

]
Lloyd, so sorry for the lost of Mimi's friend's son. My thoughts are with you guys, and I hope things are okay. 22 is far too young....

ashwinrao1

Some more from the Steve Huff workshop. Cooling off at the Seattle Center International Fountain in the blistering lower 70's heat!

1. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

2. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

3. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

4. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

5. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

6. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

7. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

8. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

9. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

10. M9; 35mm f/2; 1/1000s; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, looks like we are on for Sedro Wolley next week. This entire series is fantastic, and deserves a second look. You really captured the spirit of the day!

thrice

Lovely scenery around there Ashwin, I liked the caber toss pics as well.
Here are a whole bunch of NZ shots I just got around to editing :ROTFL: pics are from almost a year ago. Mostly a new plug-in for lightroom that made moderately realistic HDR possible from the bracketed sets I'd shot. I may find more to edit and upload, who knows.
25mm Biogon stitched HDR pano

25mm Biogon HDR

18mm Distagon HDR

^^ is this one too saturated?
75mm Summicron

18mm Distagon HDR *and* blend

18mm Distagon

75mm Summicron HDR

18mm Distagon HDR

shtarka1

Fantastic...Tell that crazy guy that I say hi! Hope that we can "hang" again soon and run into Beckett again...looks like my Indians snuck in on you for Ubaldo...
Thanks Ash. I'll Tell Crazy Freddy You Send Your Regards! Im More Interested In The Patriots With Our 2 New Superstar Acquisitions!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.