The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

edtan

Ed: Nicely themed! These two are my favorites. The angle in the first really works with the flares to make an incredibly dynamic photo. The black foreground, the copper colored wall and the shadow make a great composition in the second. Maybe 'spotting' out the distracting bits of white?:thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, "dots" are fixed and looks less distracting.
Very appreciative for your constructive comments. :salute:

Regards, Ed

jeffnesh

RAGBRAI - Great bike ride across Iowa...10,000 bikers, 450 miles, 6 days, festivities in the overnight towns...

M9, 50mm, f/2, 1/1000, ISO 160

M9, 50mm, f/5.6, 1/750, ISO 160

M9, 50mm, f/2.8, 1/500, ISO 160

M9, 50mm, f/2, 1/500, ISO 160

M9, 50mm, f/2.8, 1/750, ISO 160

M9, 50mm, f/2.8, 1/1500, ISO 160

Thanks for looking!

shtarka1

Agree, very nice indeed.

Mike
Thanks Mike.
++++4! Great shot Steve!

Steve, I thought he may have been pointing out . . . . . a.) I used to go to day camp on Thompson's Island . . . . . b.) when I was a kid there was no lagoon and we used to walk out to the sugar bowl to go fishing . . . . . c.) in the old days we did our fighter fire training on moon Island right next to the raw sewage treatment plant and it stank . . . . .

BTW, the Korean War memorial statue of a common soldier in winter fighting gear is well done and contains 20 names of neighborhood residents who died in the conflict. They could not have chosen a more beautiful spot to place the memorial.
Dan, You Know The Area Like The Back Of Your Hand! Which Firehouse Were You Out Of? Thanks Very Much!

shtarka1

RAGBRAI - Great bike ride across Iowa...10,000 bikers, 450 miles, 6 days, festivities in the overnight towns...

M9, 50mm, f/2, 1/1000, ISO 160

M9, 50mm, f/2.8, 1/1500, ISO 160

Thanks for looking!
Jeff, Nice Work On A Monumental Event! Enjoyed Your Blog Also!

seakayaker

Thanks Mike.

Dan, You Know The Area Like The Back Of Your Hand! Which Firehouse Were You Out Of? Thanks Very Much!
Steve, I grew up in South Boston and my father was a City employee. I was never a fireman but did have many childhood friends who's father worked for the fire department. A couple of them went on and became fireman themselves. I did spend time on Thompson's Island when they had a day camp late 50's/early 60's and spent many a summer's day sailing out of the South Boston Yacht Club summer sailing program. Old enough to remember when their was no lagoon, with dead ends at the sugar bowl and the Island. Also they were still dumping raw sewage from moon Island way back then with the out going tide. Sullivan's was selling hot dogs when I was kid and you could not beat the fried clams at Kelly's Landing, now long gone.

Seeing your photos just prompt the old memory bank!

Keep 'em coming!

shtarka1

Steve, I grew up in South Boston and my father was a City employee. I was never a fireman but did have many childhood friends who's father worked for the fire department. A couple of them went on and became fireman themselves. I did spend time on Thompson's Island when they had a day camp late 50's/early 60's and spent many a summer's day sailing out of the South Boston Yacht Club summer sailing program. Old enough to remember when their was no lagoon, with dead ends at the sugar bowl and the Island. Also they were still dumping raw sewage from moon Island way back then with the out going tide. Sullivan's was selling hot dogs when I was kid and you could not beat the fried clams at Kelly's Landing, now long gone.

Seeing your photos just prompt the old memory bank!

Keep 'em coming!
Dan, No Wonder Why You Have The Inside Scoop....Your From Southie!;):D
We Probably Have Some Mutual Friends! I Asked If You Were A Fireman Because We Have Quite A Few Drivers For The Furniture Store I Work At That Are Boston Firefighters & Help Out Part Time. Love Hanging Out At Castle Island! Kelly's Roast Beef At Revere Beach Is Still Mouth Watering Delicious! Small World Brotha!:)

dude163

2 more from the bowling alley and 1 from a fossil hunting trip

my youngest with a headband she made herself, just as they started to turn on the neon and UV lights for disco bowling

a handheld 1/2 second exposure to capture the moving lights on the floor, atthe last second my eldest walked into the frame and made it a better shot IMO

I love this shot of my wife, setting up shots like this is way easier with the M8 viewfinder :)

seakayaker

2 more from the bowling alley and 1 from a fossil hunting trip

my youngest with a headband she made herself, just as they started to turn on the neon and UV lights for disco bowling

Robert, an Outstanding Capture of your daughter! Simply beautiful!

The third photograph, of your wife, is wonderful as well, love the bokeh!

seakayaker

Marouba Beach, Sydney...

CV 12mm F5.6

Esmallits, love the first shot taken with the CV F5.6 lens, the black and white, contrast and detail in the clouds and surf is wonderful!

I love the mystery of the couple in the B&W shot vs. the close-up in the color.

Both are lovely captures.

seakayaker

M8/lux 50
Rayyan, just absolutely love this capture! Whatever is about to come around that bend is going to be hit with something (or so it appears, my imagination may be running wild) and the dark shadows of the boys certainly adds mystery to shot.

Outstanding Shot!

rayyan

Rayyan, just absolutely love this capture! Whatever is about to come around that bend is going to be hit with something (or so it appears, my imagination may be running wild) and the dark shadows of the boys certainly adds mystery to shot.

Outstanding Shot!
Dan, you are too generous with your comment. Thank you.:salute:

seakayaker

A field trip up to Sedro-Wooly in search of the Northern State Hospital by a group of SLUG's (Seattle Leica User Group) to take some photographs of a closed Mental Health Hospital. You can find information by doing a search, there is a flickr site as well from people who previously have made it into the site. The place is said to be haunted by many ghosts.

The place is now home to 200+ at risk youth enrolled in a job corps program run by the Department of Labor.

We did manage a stroll onto the grounds and did have a brief opportunity to take a few photographs before a security officer who was quite polite asked us to leave and for us to arrange for a guided tour at a future date.

. . . . . any way . . . .

The Chapel

The Chapel Old Stain Glass Window Over a Entrance

Seven of the Nine SLUG Members Who Made the Trip

. . . . . and there is reported to be over a 1000 bodies in unmarked graves in the area behind the gymnasium shown in the background of this picture . . . . . is that ghosts raising out of the ground? Oh My!

M9 with a 75/2 Cron

Status
Not open for further replies.