The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

edtan

Picked up my new 50mm lux on Saturday and have been shooting with it exclusively since ;-)

This lens is a little gem - and I do mean little. I was surprised at how small and compact it is for an f1.4 lens.

Here is a mix of photos I've taken with it - mainly just learning the personality of this lens but so far I'm so thrilled with it that it may never come off my M9 :D

Comment welcome and thanks for looking.
Joe, the 50 is really nice. That was on my M for 9,000+ shots. It is now a back up as the 35 is in place of it. It was good to have just one lens so the eye is trained to frame to that focal length. The only drawback for me is that I kept putting fingerprints on the lens. I now have a permanent hood on that lens so when my hands gets too close, it stops me from marking it.

This shot looks good with the backlit thistles. Have you tried it in B/W? There is the dark background which will bring out the lighted thorns. Just my 2 cents.

Regards, Ed

Joe, the 50 is really nice. That was on my M for 9,000+ shots. It is now a back up as the 35 is in place of it. It was good to have just one lens so the eye is trained to frame to that focal length. The only drawback for me is that I kept putting fingerprints on the lens. I now have a permanent hood on that lens so when my hands gets too close, it stops me from marking it.

This shot looks good with the backlit thistles. Have you tried it in B/W? There is the dark background which will bring out the lighted thorns. Just my 2 cents.

Regards, Ed
Thanks Ed - funny you should mention bw - I did try it for this shot and like the results - may post that version here later.

dude163

Colours on a Rainy day

Colours on a Sunny day :)

I was at my company BBQ yesterday so expect more kids and facepainting shots :)

DavidE

A couple of shots from my June trip to New York. These are buildings you can see as you walk along the High Line Park. Shot with the 24 lux.

RF_Licks

Been away again. I'll try and catch up after we get through the hurricane warnings this weekend.

Meanwhile, two pics from Acadia NP on the way back from attending a wedding in Maine.

Cheers,
Joe

Cadilllac Mountain at dawn. 28Cron

Bar Harbor lighthouse at dusk. 50 Lux ASPH

m_driscoll

Been away again. I'll try and catch up after we get through the hurricane warnings this weekend.

Meanwhile, two pics from Acadia NP on the way back from attending a wedding in Maine.

Cheers,
Joe

Cadilllac Mountain at dawn. 28Cron

Bar Harbor lighthouse at dusk. 50 Lux ASPH
Joe: Both of these images are stunning! I really like the intensity of the color. :thumbup: Stay safe.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Status
Not open for further replies.