The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrice

Here are a couple from a stroll through boring old Perth town with the 35mm C-Biogon on the M9.

"Are you a wizard?!"

Find anything?

Pole in the sand and tyre tracks

Work it baby!

Train station

Hmmm tastes like piss!?

Lovers!?

Old Falcon

The rest here.

Braeside

Take care Steve.

NYC, Irene..
All M8

35cron v2

Last minute grocery grabbers..

50lux v1

because its going..

35cron v2

gone

35cron v2

Batten down the hatches!

25ZM

Restaurants closed

50lux v1

and too late for shopping

50lux v1

forget the trains..

35cron v2

better find a cab!

Mike Woods

Awesome stuff everyone. Here's my pathetic attempt at catching up :eek:

Wozza, terrific night shots of Vancouver (and welcome to the forum!)

Matt, more great images. I know the consensus was for more saturation but I actually like 'as is' - think I'm going through a less is more phase (apart from lenses :()

Ed, agree with Steve about that B-boys shot. Simply great. Thanks for your comments on my image with the reflection. At least I got something reasonable out of that lens before it went back! That's quite a shot from Rattlesnake Ridge as well.

Robert, love the colours on a rainy day, especially that last one with the mirror.

David, super B&Ws, especially enjoyed the cat.

Joe, very nice landscapes as Matt said. Hope you're safe.

Steve - a Noct :eek: Holy crap, you are going to rip up the world with that thing! Suggest you don't spend too much time in cemeteries - they'll be time enough for that in due course - but what a fantastic opening set. Looking forward to more.

Steve (sjc) - hope you're safe there too. Particularly like the first with the improvised hat!

Dan, great set - made me :D

Mike

shtarka1

Holy cow! Those are great, Steve!

Did you just get a Noctilux?
Last Week David. Called EP Levines In Waltham,Ma Looking For An MP. They Said, Nope. I Said, I've Got A Silly Question For Ya, Any 0.95's? He Says, One Came In From Deutschland An Hour Ago To Which I Responded Ok Please Put The Boss On The Phone & We Went Over All The Gear I Had To Trade To Get It. I Am Now 60 Percent Lighter In Equipment!:D I Believe I Did The Right Thing! Thanks David!:)
Steve: Congratulations!! Stay safe and don't mess with Irene!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt!
Steve - great stuff - I'd say that new glass is working just fine ;-)

Cheers,
Appreciate It Joe!
Congratulations Steve!
Thanks David!
Steve - a Noct :eek: Holy crap, you are going to rip up the world with that thing! Suggest you don't spend too much time in cemeteries - they'll be time enough for that in due course - but what a fantastic opening set. Looking forward to more.

Steve (sjc) - hope you're safe there too. Particularly like the first with the improvised hat!

Mike
Thanks A Lot Mike!

Mike Woods

Took my 90 f2 back to the dealer in London yesterday :(. Now have my eyes on a mint, late 90 2.8 in chrome :D Think it's too expensive really, but what isn't in the world of Leica at the moment...Any thoughts? Have heard nothing but good reports of this lens.

Anyway, went for a stroll with M8 and 35 'cron while I was there

Shortsighted

Trafalgar Square

I'm thinking of adopting a new method for funding lenses, which is basically dressing up in stupid costumes and conning tourists out of lots of cash :)

And I guess this is what some of those tourists come to see

Always nice to come home though. London can be so stressful

Regards

Mike

shtarka1

Took my 90 f2 back to the dealer in London yesterday :(. Now have my eyes on a mint, late 90 2.8 in chrome :D Think it's too expensive really, but what isn't in the world of Leica at the moment...Any thoughts? Have heard nothing but good reports of this lens.

Anyway, went for a stroll with M8 and 35 'cron while I was thereTrafalgar Square

I'm thinking of adopting a new method for funding lenses, which is basically dressing up in stupid costumes and conning tourists out of lots of cash :)

Always nice to come home though. London can be so stressful

Regards

Mike
Mike, glad you took that 90 Cron back as you definitely weren't happy with it. Not too sure about the later issues of the lens. I can tell you that the 90 Cron AA is one of my favorite lenses & i got it for a steal off of Craigslist. Best of luck in your continued pursuit! Like these a lot...:)

thrice

Thanks Mike :)
Thankyou Steve, but honestly I have little skill in the area, just a dabbler when out and about. Certainly nothing on most of you guys!

Lloyd

Very nice work, Mike. As for the 90/2.8 Elmarit, It is my favorite 90mm M-mount lens. I've had 6 lenses in that focal length, including the f2, but overall, I prefer the Elmarit. I have the most recent version, with the sliding hood. (BTW, my second favorite 90mm is the CV 90/3.5, which is a gem.)

Mike Woods

Thanks Steve and Lloyd. Yes the Elmarit I've seen is the latest, sliding hood version. Actually I'm looking at two; reasonable price for the black one, and a premium for the chrome one, which I gather is much rarer.

Mike

sjg284

david, mike, steve - thanks!
was quite underwhelming.. over now
nothing much of note resulted.. but we are on higher ground

will be interesting to see how things get moving again tomorrow.. city is more shutdown than easter/thanksgiving/any holiday..

no mail, no trains, no grocery, no retail, streets are empty
but the one thing we could still depend on was the chinese deliverymen!

DavidE

Really like the colors on that last one, Mike.

And from the previous set, Trafalgar Square was the standout for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.