The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude163

I wanted to try some of those backlit shots in the sunset with the lens flare that seem so popular in the EOS 5d II crowd, so I took a test shot first , I think the test shot came out the best :(

Ill post the 3 shots of my gals tomorrow ( 2 kids , 1 wife)

I caught this frog after about 5 minutes and said it was all slimy , my 2 young 'uns " Its not slime, its Mucus!" as per the disney movie Princess and the frog , I put him on the deck of the marina , this is just before sundown, hence the massive shadow

Summicron 50/2 1964 with M8u

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

So many great images, everyone! I am hopelessly behind in commenting. Suffice to say, the usual brilliance is at display from the likes of you all!

DavidE, fantastic grabs in your trademark style. It seems that your processing has taken a moodier look, and I like it.

Robert, you are making great use of that rigid cron and all of the colors that you see are amazing...Fantastic!

Matt, love the colors, esp "bird on a wire"...you need to post more of those lovely Palouse caps that need to be made into a book. Count me in for a print or 4...;)

Steve (sjg284) great images of "Irene"...

Steve, magic from you from that magical glass...I love how you have taken the f<1 and turned it towards your wonderful style!

Joe, fantastic caps at Acadia, and such rich colors!

Ed, love the b-boy cap!

David A, fantastic, vintage look to the family and the viewing scope...

Mike, lovely hometown captures as usual!

Last edited:

m_driscoll

m_driscoll

Took my 90 f2 back to the dealer in London yesterday :(. Now have my eyes on a mint, late 90 2.8 in chrome :D Think it's too expensive really, but what isn't in the world of Leica at the moment...Any thoughts? Have heard nothing but good reports of this lens.
Anyway, went for a stroll with M8 and 35 'cron while I was there
Shortsighted
Trafalgar Square
I'm thinking of adopting a new method for funding lenses, which is basically dressing up in stupid costumes and conning tourists out of lots of cash :)
And I guess this is what some of those tourists come to see
Always nice to come home though. London can be so stressful

Regards
Mike
Mike: Good stuff! :thumbup: This one must sum up your visit to the 'big' city? Let us know if your method of funding works? :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Here are a couple from a stroll through boring old Perth town with the 35mm C-Biogon on the M9.
"Are you a wizard?!"

Find anything?
Pole in the sand and tyre tracks
Work it baby!

Train station
Hmmm tastes like piss!?
Lovers!?
Old Falcon
The rest here.
Daniel: I guess i didn't miss them; just, hadn't scrolled down far enough. Love these two and the "legs" on your website. :bug eyes: :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt, more great images. I know the consensus was for more saturation but I actually like 'as is' - think I'm going through a less is more phase (apart from lenses :()...
Mike
Mike: Thanks for the comment. :D

Last Week David. Called EP Levines In Waltham,Ma Looking For An MP. They Said, Nope. I Said, I've Got A Silly Question For Ya, Any 0.95's? He Says, One Came In From Deutschland An Hour Ago To Which I Responded Ok Please Put The Boss On The Phone & We Went Over All The Gear I Had To Trade To Get It. I Am Now 60 Percent Lighter In Equipment!:D I Believe I Did The Right Thing! Thanks David!:)
Steve: Right place, right time. Good on ya, mate (sorry Daniel and Charles). :thumbs:

Another from yesterday, again with 35 'cron - love this lens.

Mike
Really like the colors on that last one, Mike.
And from the previous set, Trafalgar Square was the standout for me.
Mike: +1!! Crop out the tug on the right? 'Trafalgar' was very nice! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.