The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Woods

Thanks Steve, Lloyd and Joe - thank you gents.

Robert, really like that first one from Prince Edward island.

Jeff, really nice compositions on the sculpture.

Jason, many congrats!!!

Joe, beautiful light in that last one.

Matt, nice series :thumb up: The B&Ws do it for me and, like Hermann, the first is my preference.

Mike

dude163

Bring the file into photoshop, open up the shadows(push the curve to the left upper corner) with a curve then ad second curve to ad contrast through a s-curve.(Instead of fill flash:) I like the last image a lot!

Markus

Thanks Markus, but Im using Adobe Lightroom, and dont have photoshop :(

I agree, I really like that 3rd shot myself , but dont tell my other daughter!

Mike Woods

So, the replacement for the returned 90 'cron arrived today.....a near mint, very late shiny, chrome 90 Elmarit-M (I nearly ran out of adjectives then). It's a thing of beauty :D

Just thought of two more adjectives....'bloody' and 'sharp'!

Nothing artistic here, and only the last one is wide open, but Steve posted some cemetery shots with his new Noct so....

And a couple more:

Regards

Mike

W

Wozza604

Here's some more recent shots.
M9+CV 1.4/35 Nokton

M9+75 Cron

M9+Zeiss C Sonnar 1.5/50

ashwinrao1

Wozza, lovely captures with the CV 35...you are tempting me to get this for the GXR as a 50 mm equiv, as it appears to be a nice character lens, and compact! But I must resist...

Speaking of the GXR, the 50 sonnar awaits that mount, but until then, it's on my M9 a lot more than I expected...LOVE the rendering....

W

Wozza604

Wozza, lovely captures with the CV 35...you are tempting me to get this for the GXR as a 50 mm equiv, as it appears to be a nice character lens, and compact! But I must resist...

Speaking of the GXR, the 50 sonnar awaits that mount, but until then, it's on my M9 a lot more than I expected...LOVE the rendering....
Thanks Ashwin! I really love that shot of the marquee... the Sonnar has a wonderful character to it, but I think it's a "love it or hate it" lens. The CV 35 nokton has a lot of character as well. It vignettes, has loads of barrel distortion and at times has distinctly odd bokeh, but I love it. It's the perfect size for a rangefinder as well. Oh, it does have focus shift on the M9 but not so much on my M6.

Markus Dagnell

Thanks Markus, but Im using Adobe Lightroom, and dont have photoshop :(

I agree, I really like that 3rd shot myself , but dont tell my other daughter!
In lightroom try:

Push the brighness up around (80-90)
Tone curve:
lights:1
Darks:+37
Shadows-46

Might need some tweeking, hope it works.

Markus

dude163

RE: Sonnar , I love the rendering :) But I'm also Vintage McGee !

last shots from PEI

the hunters, in synch!

The last seconds of sunset by the river

esmallits

snowy mountains in sunny australia.... Thredbo...

cv 35mm f1.2.. shooting into the sun... (manually setting exposure to get the mood effects)

cv 12mm f5.6

ashwinrao1

Wozz & Ash, Im Considering The Sonnar As My Next Lens. Love The Cat & "Sarahs Key" Images!
Thanks Steve. I have 3 other 50's (rigid cron, lux asph, and noct), and this one has its own look, as Robert and now I am showing. All lenses have their relative strengths, but this one, the sonnar, is definitely a character lens, and extraordinarily well built!

Best,
Ashwin

Mike Woods

Thank you Steve, Dan, Ash.

Wozza, great images - enjoyed them all.

Ash and Robert, great stuff as usual, but I really don't need another lens lol.

Mike

Mike Woods

Wanted to share some more from the 90 Elmarit-M which I took for a proper spin today. I have to say I'm absolutely delighted with this lens. Sharp, lovely OOF rendering and handles really nicely.

Today's theme is hats :) All wide open on the M8.

And this is what happens if you don't wear one:

Regards

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.