The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Ok. Trying to catch... just a little, at least. I'm sure I'll miss someone, but if so, I assure you, it's merely inadvertent. Great work all around on this thread. Here are a few, and not necessarily in order, comments:

Mike: Stellar stuff with the 90 Elmarit. My favorite 90 (and I've owned 5).

Joe (RF_Licks): Great landscapes! Very impressive.

Ashwin: Glad you finally caught a break from work. Cool to see the inside of the locker room too. BTW, in that shot of all the name tags, which one is you. ;)

Joe: Great shots all around. Quite the gorgeous view out your window. Love the "Free Empathy" shot. Nice moment. Nice stuff "up the coast" as well, especially that first one.

Robert: Fun shots of the kid with the bubbles. And spot on skin tones too. Nicely done. Great image of the chalk drawing as well.

Peter: Decisive moment there in "Girl talk". Great catch.

Brian S: Impressive results with the vintage glass. That 1938 lens especially!

Steve: Already mentioned how much I'm liking the portraits with the Nocti, but have to single out the "Norma Jean" shot. Great shot, stellar processing.

Matt: Loved your shots of the Palouse, and the latest Pikes Place Market shots as well, the shadows shot in particular. Great catch on the girl in the hat as well.

Paul: Welcome to the Digital M thread. Nice set. Like the bubble girl in particular.

David: Amazing work with the 21 SEM. Very intriguing lens. Love the rendering... very much like the 28 Cron, which is a huge plus in my book!

Jim: Amazing work from Burning Man. Dawn at Temple of Sorrows is great, but I have to say, the portraits are simple off the charts! That next to last one is simply haunting!

Daniel: The wedding series is great. Love your girlfriend's hair color. Also, that 3D image is wicked cool! Worked perfectly, thanks to my naturally-crossed eyes. ;)

Jason: Beautiful child. Glad you reposted. And your wife appears to have recovered quickly. Again, huge congrats. BTW, are the dogs jealous?

Mark: Nice selfie. I actually very much like the color tones in that one.

Yamas: Great stuff from Kona (one of my favorite places in all Hawai'i). I've been out in that water by the pier multiple times. Glad we didn't start Ironman at the same time as the canoe races!

Ed: Very kewl shots. Love the color.

Ashwin: Quite the Rogues Gallery (or is that Rogue's gallery?) at the SLUG meeting. ;) You Seattle guys never have any fun, do you?

Shiro: Amazing work, especially that first one. I love my Quadra, Deep Octa combo, and this is an example of why!

Steve: Wow! What a set! You are rockin' that 135 APO TelyT, my friend!!!

JimCollum

M9, 135 APO TelyT 3.4
Steve, great series of images, with wonderful treatment of the files (b/w conversion).

how'd you manage to catch Guy with such a peaceful look on his face? (and without a camera in hand :D :D

and thank you all for the feedback on the series.. Burning Man was an incredible experience!

JimCollum

Fantastic portraits, Jim. The last one really did it for me...
Thank you!

That one was shot with an old pre-war screw mount 8.5cm 2.0 Zeiss Jena Sonnar. Front element has nasty cleaning marks, it flares whenever it decides to (have made a large lens hood to try to prevent this).. but renders beautifully

(the rest in that series were shot with a preasph 90mm cron)

shtarka1

Steve, great series of images, with wonderful treatment of the files (b/w conversion).

how'd you manage to catch Guy with such a peaceful look on his face? (and without a camera in hand :D :D

and thank you all for the feedback on the series.. Burning Man was an incredible experience!
:eek::D:D:D!

Lloyd

More good stuff, David. And now I'm even more impressed with that lens! (and your photographic skills, of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.