The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Klein

m_driscoll

OK, gang, here are my black and whites from the Seattle Oktoberfest:

Chug by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Smile by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

M8, 50/1.5 Nokton and 35/1.4 Summilux ASPH ("Smile" and "Chug").
--Peter
Peter: A really excellent set of photos! You've captured an extraordinarily intimate view of the people at Oktoberfest. It is very interesting how different photographers see and capture the same event/place. :salute:
:thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

The Sox fan really sums up their season....alone, drunk & out of it! Great set Matt! Nice to see you posting again Amigo!
Nice colorful glow & scenery Matt!
These two stand out for me Matt - the focal point on the second guy drinking in the first photo really draws the eye into the frame - great captures :thumbs:
Cheers,
Steve/Joe: Gentlemen, thank you! :D :)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ShiroKuro

M8.2 /WATE @ 16 mm

Love this lens making my decision harder on wether to keep it or not ,also enjoying the new M8.2 ..

Not sure about the color or PP , never am when it comes to the color .. Any one else have trouble or doubts when it comes to color or processing their files in general ?

Mike Woods

Way behind on my editing after our trip to Poland, but finally managed to get a few together to post. Here's an eclectic mix to start with, all M8:

Zeiss 25mm

50 'lux

Will try not to bore you with too many :)

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

M8.2 /WATE @ 16 mm

Love this lens making my decision harder on wether to keep it or not ,also enjoying the new M8.2 ..

Not sure about the color or PP , never am when it comes to the color .. Any one else have trouble or doubts when it comes to color or processing their files in general ?
I do have some of the same concerns about color at times, with the M8. What I have found helps with color consistency is to avoid using Auto White Balance. For example, when I'm outdoors, I leave the camera set on "Cloudy". First off, I prefer my shots a little warmer, although the aren't always much warmer than with the "Daylight" setting. But also, in my case, were I live at elevation ~5500 feet, we get more blue light, and the warmer setting helps.

Second, although 90 percent of the time, I use Lightroom to process my images (along with PS and the NIK suite) I have found the best color, and especially skin tones, with Phase One. As with everything, your mileage may vary. Good luck.

edtan

M8.2 /WATE @ 16 mm

Nice captures. Very "Decisive Moment" like.

Status
Not open for further replies.