The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Woods

Ash, Steve - thanks guys, and hurry back soon!

Robert - lovely light in both of those.

Quick grab from this afternoon, M8/50 'lux:

Mike

gogopix

Subscriber
As a long time "high megapixel" back maven, I was diappointed to have to, for orthopaedic failure reasons, take my M9 on the last two european shoots.

Well, as a pano purveyor, I clicked away, some as high as 9 or 12 images. Some were vertical (as here) and I was curious to see how well they printed on my 7900.

here is an examplke from Villandry gardens...I printed 24" by 60" and then cropped to the same size to maximoze the page (the aspe ct is greater than 2:5)

They are spectacular! even with less than 300p/in they are quite sharp

see the crop. I can't image what 80 vs 18MP would do (except maybe I could get by with 2 or 3 shots) but 1lb vs 6LBs really matters when you are treking with a bum shoulder in 35 degree (Celsius) heat up 2000ft hills (as a consideration to REAL mountain climbers I won't call them mountains :p )

Victor

Hate to post and run - some really great work being shown here and I need to take the time to comment properly! Work has been a bear and no time for extracurricular activities :(

One quick snap from today - M9 + 50mm lux:

Cheers,

Lloyd

Great stuff here on page 54 of this thread. Wish I had more time to hang around. Loving what I'm seeing here when i do have the chance to drop by. Keep 'em coming!!

CharlesK

Great shots all! Without going way back, some stunning shots from the last few pages:)
Ashwin, amazing shots from Egypt! Really like the different perspective:)
Dan, superb shots! Very classy:)
Wozza, nice street captures. I really like the portrait of your co worker!!
Peter, love the solemn shot on the beach.
Dude, very nice portrait shots. #1 is my fav:)
Mike, excellent shots with 50 Lux and ZM 25! Great feel to both:)
Joe, classic bold shot! Very nice lighting.
Steve, sjg, very nice street captures! Particularly love the the "Big ***..."
Vlad, very nice strong portrait!

Shots this weekend with the 24 Lux and M9-P at Springbrook National Park:)

Last edited:

Mike Woods

Nice color,comp & story Mike!
Thanks Steve.

Beautiful shot Robert!
+1, lovely.

Joe, lovely work with the 50 'lux.

Mike - lots of great elements hear.. the lighting, the hearts, the people.. thumbs up
Cheers Steve. Love those with the 35, especially first two :thumb up:

Vlad - great capture with the lux. Nice moody feel to this.

Charles, thanks for your comments. You make me want to go for a walk in the woods with those images. Lovely stuff.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.