The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

ANother Birthday party = another shot of the birthday boy, this time a 65 year old Father in law

this is natural light and handheld at 1/15th of a second , I had the IR filter off to try and gain a bit more light, so I had to make it B+W :(

Simply fantastic, Robert. One of the best portraits and a lovely story in this image!

ashwinrao1

Oh my god, Charles... those photos.... so amazing!

Not much, but I bought a hat today. I needed a hat for the winter, and no normal hat fits my head (I have an exceptionally large head). I also needed something to wear for this Noah's Ark themed party I'm headed to tonight... so I bought myself (and Hillary) a lion hat!

Not much of a photo, but I'm really liking the way the 40/1.4 renders it's photos... They're so sharp, but dreamy.

Nice selfie, Patrick. The 40 mm f/1.4 is an underrated lens, and does fantastically. Peter (prosophos) works magic with this lens....and you have done a great job here yourself!

SYGTAFOTO

From a visit to Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory.
It wasn't easy shooting birds and butterflies with M9 + 75mm Summmilux wide open. :D
Should have probably shot f/2.8.

SYGTAFOTO

Thanks,

Here are some B&W.. First shot is 75mm Summilux and the second is 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE.

Not sure which one I like better, but first is a crop of the second.

Lloyd

Lion Dancing in Seattle Chinatown

Happy Lunar New Year,
Ed
Very kewl stuff, Ed. Thanks for sharing.

I always wanted to see this in person. When I was in grad school in San Francisco I was too anal about my studies and passed up a chance to go with friends to see the lunar new year celebrations in Chinatown. Then when I worked in New York I was traveling on business and missed it. My mother says we went once in Boston when I was young, but I don't have any memory of it. One of these years!!

Lloyd

From a visit to Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory.
It wasn't easy shooting birds and butterflies with M9 + 75mm Summmilux wide open. :D
Should have probably shot f/2.8.
These are nice. 2.8 might have given you more latitude, but these are still good.

Thanks,

Here are some B&W.. First shot is 75mm Summilux and the second is 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE.

Not sure which one I like better, but first is a crop of the second.

I have to say that I'm more than a little impressed with the resolving power of that 35 FLE!! I never would have guessed it was a crop, and to hold the detail in the buildings in the background... well, just Wow! I actually like the un-cropped image. It's very nice. Excellent B/W too. Thanks for sharing, Scott.

SYGTAFOTO

Thanks Lloyd.

Upon review of my post which shows the bush on the right side of the leaning lady with that Leica glow, I realized that the pic with the CN tower is actually the same 75mm Summilux as my other images. I believe this was shot wide open with those two ladies standing approximately 30m away. Yes, my 75 lux is not coded. :)

CN Tower, although a tall structure, can't look that big on a 35mm lens when it's km's away!

Knorp

Thank you very much every one for your much appreciated comments on my "Protea".
And especially for Ed Tan, here's a shot of my rig.

NB As for SA: I've worked and lived there for 6 months back in '83. Not sure if that still counts :D

All the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.