The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjg284

Cenek - Symmetry and shadows, great stuff
Charles - Nice street shot!
Lloyd - Hope all has turned for the better, and a moving image/background.
Patrick - my favorite of a nice series, well done
Mike - A change of pace from your usual street, and its great as always! ZM25+M8 is great combo.
Zoom - Amusing photo, a moment well captured.
dude - i liked these two best, and they are a lovely contrast
Godfrey - lovely shot & pp

sjg284

I'm a bit behind..
From a week ago, the only snow in NYC of 2012.. and it did not last long.
Only second snow we've had all season, after the freak October storm.
Truly a strange winter.

m8 + 50lux v2

CharlesK

Steve(sjg), thank you:) Very nice set! I am really impressed by the rendering with 50 Lux V2 rendering.
Godfrey, great compositions particularly "Sunning" and "Respite"
Zoomstop, very interesting shots! Love the one with the cow:)
Robert, nice family captures!
Dan, love the colours in the shed!
Patrick, really nice impromptu captures!
Wozza, excellent street scapes.
Mike, very nice landscapes. Favourite is the last shot:)
Cenek, love that snowscape. What a contrast in weather. :thumbup:

dude163

thanks all, here is a shot I found that I hadnt posted from last year

its the cron 50 wide open, very sharp!

ashwinrao1

It's been a while. Life and personal matters have caught up with me, and pulled me away from the forum. I'm hoping for calmer seas in the months ahead. Still, photography shines through... Here are a few images taken at Steve Huff's workshop with the Leica M9 and Zeiss 85 mm f/2 ZM Sonnar lens:

The model's name is Jade Corinne. Delightful young model to work with.

jeffnesh

I've been away too long as well! So much good work. A couple from last fall's trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota, just yesterday got around to processing!

Thanks for looking,
Jeff

Leica M9, 50mm Summicron-M, f/8, 1/60

Leica M9, 50mm Summicron-M, f/13, 1/750

CharlesK

Robert, love the falloff with the 50 Cron!
Ashwin, superb portraits! Beautiful model too. It is not often the ZM 85 shows up, but what a brilliant lens, of course in the right hands.:thumbs:
Jeff, great dramatic shots:)

iiiNelson

Well I've been gone from the forum for awhile (work and life in general) and technically this picture has no artistic value whatsoever on my part but the contents of the image will be adding to this thread soon.

Gary Clennan

I would like to post a few pics but can't seem to figure it out. I searched and found Jacks detailed post but it didn't seem to work for me. I must be daft as the FAQ section didn't seem to help either. I upload a pic from my computer but then within the post it ends up being a little thumbnail. How do I get the full sized version embedded into my post? My preference is to just upload from my computer direct into the post somehow...

seakayaker

I would like to post a few pics but can't seem to figure it out. I searched and found Jacks detailed post but it didn't seem to work for me. I must be daft as the FAQ section didn't seem to help either. I upload a pic from my computer but then within the post it ends up being a little thumbnail. How do I get the full sized version embedded into my post? My preference is to just upload from my computer direct into the post somehow...
. . . . . I post my photographs to Flickr, then use the 'Yellow Box (mountain)' Icon to put the web address of where the photograph is hosted. FlickR and other photography sites due have free service with limited disc space or unlimited for a fee.

Not sure how to post pictures otherwise.

dude163

here is proof that a M8 will work at -14C ( 3 hours later my hands still hurt however, skin in metal is chilly!)

all ISO 160 f2 1/30th of a second , winter fireworks at the start of our towns Winter Carnival I shot 2 or 3 on Aperture priority then decided to set it to 1/30th on a whim, turns out 1/30th was great!

dude163

I forgot to mention we were REALLY close , a 28mm would have been a lot more useful!

thanks Lloyd, off to warm up in a bath, nite!

Lloyd

Patrick: More fun shots.

Steve: Nice shots of what snow you got. (we're in the same boat, snow-wise. Hope we have water to drink come summer!)

Ashwin: Wow. Just wow!

Jeff: Very dramatic clouds. Love the slivery tree trunks too.

Cenek: Looks very cold. (Looks like you got all the snow this year)

Moonshine: I'd love to see the shots from Belize, but they're not coming through for me for some reason.

HiredArm: Fun stuff. Looking forward to what it all captures.

Robert: Nice car shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.