The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Lloyd - nice portrait with the Nocti :thumbs:

Lloyd - ouch! lovely shots - you may never play the piano again but you can still shoot :D - hope you get well soon.

Ok - I tried but still behind!

Good shooting everyone I missed - it's great seeing such a diverse set of photos - really cool stuff!

Cheers,
Thank you Joe. Very much appreciated.

Went to Santa Cruz after the early morning outing with Jim and Godfrey - it was actually very warm - thankfully ;-)

Came across this old Honda motorcycle - it was in really good shape - M9 + 50 lux:

Cheers,

F

folville

Some photos of Bucharest, Romania (using a new B/W treatment in Nik Silver Efex, so I'm putting that through its paces to see what appears natural and film-like):

CharlesK

Joe, thank you:) Love the colours, texture and subtlety of tones. Curious as to which lens? I am fascinated by old machinery:)
Gary, very cool Playboy shot!!

Two more shots from the other evening with the 50 Lux:)

Last edited:

rayyan

The town was known as Mogador.

Scenes of the old film ' Othello ' circa 1949 shot on location here. Very many at this spot.

As was the most recent ' Alexander ' 2004.

This photo, of course, stars the D-Lux4 and its owner.

Lloyd

Scenes of the old film ' Othello ' circa 1949 shot on location here. Very many at this spot.

Very cool place, and very interesting information. For my part, however, I'd rather see the D-Lux4 owner in the shot, than any of that movie stuff! Just saying'. :D

Lloyd

Went to Santa Cruz after the early morning outing with Jim and Godfrey - it was actually very warm - thankfully ;-)

Came across this old Honda motorcycle - it was in really good shape - M9 + 50 lux:

Cheers,
Nice shot of a very nice bike, Joe. Glad it wasn't too cold? ;)

rayyan

Very cool place, and very interesting information. For my part, however, I'd rather see the D-Lux4 owner in the shot, than any of that movie stuff! Just saying'. :D
Lloyd, thank you very much.

Me Too!!:D

' Jerusalem ' circa 1994 was filmed in town here.

Kindest regards to both of you.

Lloyd

Some photos of Bucharest, Romania (using a new B/W treatment in Nik Silver Efex, so I'm putting that through its paces to see what appears natural and film-like):
Excellent tonalities in the b/w. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

jonoslack

Heaven forfend! I don't live anywhere near Venice Beach! ;-)

Lloyd: get healed!

Was out this morning at dawn shooting with the M9. It was freezing, literally. I know I need a half case for sure ... its smooth shape and firm covering are very difficult to hold onto when my hands are so cold. Pictures later... too much to do right now.
Hi Godfrey
I tried a half case, and found it worse (too fat as well). I think you just have to believe that you aren't going to drop the camera - the only time I have is when the dog ran past and put his neck through the strap . . . . Oh yes, one other time when sliding down some scree in Crete after a rather too lubricated lunch!

But I've never dropped it when I'm cold.

Went out with Godfrey and Jim Collum this morning - it was damn cold but a lot of fun :shocked:

Here's a sampling with the M9:
Lovely shots Joe . . . I assume that Godfrey was wearing his speedos and socks? :)

We just came home from skiing - lovely snow, good weather, but at -20C it was a tall order getting the camera out!
Two more shots from the other evening with the 50 Lux:)
Charles - I really love that first shot - excellent!

Splendid Ray - but what had you done wrong to deserve that expression :eek:

all the best

dude163

Lloyd, hope your elbow heals up soon and well

here are a few shots of the Winter Carnival we went to yesterday , -11C but we had a cool ride of a 2 horse-open sleigh , I like the first shot a lot , and I dont even like horses! the 3rd one is my daughter and nephew, the last my brother after his death defying ride down the iced-up slide hill

Lloyd

Lloyd, hope your elbow heals up soon and well

here are a few shots of the Winter Carnival we went to yesterday , -11C but we had a cool ride of a 2 horse-open sleigh , I like the first shot a lot , and I dont even like horses! the 3rd one is my daughter and nephew, the last my brother after his death defying ride down the iced-up slide hill
Thanks for the good wishes Robert.

Nice shots. I like that first one too, as well as the one of your daughter and nephew. Great light, and wonderful color. (Glad your brother survived, btw.)

rayyan

Guys, lovely images here.

I have screwed up my SQL db. FTPing now.

Shall comment later.

Regards.

MikalWGrass

I really have to stop looking for decent glass for my Sony a900 and save money for the M9. I have 2 M6s, one excellent Leica lens, and a few old Leica beaters, but nothing beats the Leica system for me. Maybe I will keep the a900 and the 135/1.8 for my kids' various athletic events, and then eventually get an M9. If the M10 ever comes out, I am sure I will be able to pick up a good M9 somewhere. Maybe here.

Status
Not open for further replies.