The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

But of course my good friend..mojoharaat ( spelling!! )

And thank you Lloyd.

Generally a market ( souk ) for selling precious metals and ornaments for jewelry and the like is generally called souk al dahab ( the 'l' is silent ).
Even though all types of jewels and precious stones are also sold there.

BTW diamonds are called ' almas '.

I usually take Ayesha to the souk al dahab. But she forces me to stop on the way at small shops like Cartier, Tiffany's and the like.

I like the gold souk much better.
I can see why! BTW, interesting that it's almas for diamonds. "Almas" means souls in spanish.

Lloyd

Thanks Ario. Good suggestion. I was really playing around with some b/w options.

Here's the third shot with the same processing as the first two:

Last edited:

Mike Woods

So colourful, so vivid... nice work mike!
Plus 1 from me. I tell you what, I'm so impressed with that lens on the M8. And you've once again shown me why. :clap::clap::clap:
Mike, a gorgeous set. #2 is simply marvelous; the colors are so vibrant.

Excellent.:thumbs:
Thank you! Really glad you liked them. Lloyd, you're right the lens is great - my only problem is that I wear glasses and the framing is difficult. Have been thinking that a 28 Elmarit might be easier....

Lloyd,
This image is excellent:thumbup:
+1, although I would prefer to see them all b&w, rather than sepia....you can't please everybody :D

Mike

ceh

George,rayyan,Lloyd,Charles
Thank you for your comments.:salute:

Mike,
excellent:thumbup:

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

Ceh, great set, especially the one that everyone keeps re-posting :p The expression on the man-on-the-right's face is great!

Lloyd, great photos from the 35 'cron! Makes me want one...

Final photos from my last few days in Toronto

Met some really cool people that day... I have write-ups on my flickr

Leica M8, Canon 35/2.8

Last edited:

Lloyd

Great work Patrick. I especially like that first one.

BTW, can't imagine why you'd need the Cron. You're doing magic with at f2.8 Canon 35.

Lloyd

Mike, a lovely crisp sunny Bristol morning? The colors complement the sunshine.

Best regards.
Plus 1 from me, Mike. You have a great eye for these patterns, colors, etc. Do you just happen upon them, or go with a plan in mind?

PatrickCheung

Thanks lloyd! I've always wanted to try leica glass, that's all :p Looks so fun! Especially the 50 and 35 summiluxes! I've got my eyes on a Canon 35/2 or 35/1.8 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.