The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Thank you all for your comments :)

Today:

Cenek: The whole series from the mountains is great. Other than the close up of your lovely lady, my favorite is the last with the shadows of the trees. Terrific all. (I also really like the b/w of the person by the window posted earlier.)

Lloyd

Not quite sure if I'm allowed to post this here, the rules said not to make offensive posts, but I'm not quite sure if th
is counts or not.

Either way, if it's inappropriate, please kindly let me know and I'll take it down.

Anyway, woke up this morning... the blinds created nice lines on us, so I decided to play with it :)

M8 + J8
What can I say Patrick. These are art... beautiful, full of life and innocence and, and. etc. Love the shadows, they really add. Nicely done.

Lloyd

Wow, charles.. those rocks always amaze me. The patterns caused by the erosion combined with the hair-like plants make it look like you found another planet.

And that barn... I've always wanted to go exploring new places like that, but I'm always afraid of accidentally trespassing... and I also have no car to get to more rural areas... :(
Plus 1 from me. (well, I do have a car, but otherwise...;))

Lloyd

Hey Everyone!

Needless to say, with a hectic shooting schedule and well, this, I've been a bit busy.

I still swoop in and look at all of your fantastic images, but thought I'd share a few from today.

Great to see you posting here again Jason! Really nice shots (both sets)... love this last one. Yes, look like you have plenty to keep you busy.

Lloyd

Wandering around Park City last Saturday and ran into this fence made of old skis. Not much photographically, but interesting to see some of those I once either owned or coveted being used as pickets.

M8, 35 Cron:

ashwinrao1

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and "likes" ;)

Lloyd, great shots....thought that they were surfboards at first glance LOL...

Hausen, lovely portrait.

Jason, great to see you back with this lovely set. I remember you announcing the birth and some pre-delivery scares...It's great to see your little one so healthy and vibrant

Ario....you as well...great job

ashwinrao1

A few more to share from this trip that I'm on with the NEX-7 and Leica glasss. Gotta say that it's a fun way to use the gear....Wish the focus peaking were more precise for the NEX, though....it's hard to nail focus like one would with the M9....but I'm a newbie to NEX so hopefully I will improve:

35 FLE acting like a 50 on the NEX:

The clown

Indiscretion?

Eyes, no eyes

The long and dark teatime of the soul...

CharlesK

Patrick, Rayyan and Lloyd thank you guys:)
Lloyd the backpack on my son was just a camera bag. Very nice set of shots!! I can relate to the skis as surfboards in the snow :D :D
Rayyan, very nice portrait shot!
Jason, wonderful captures!!
Ario, very nice pensive portrait.
David, beautiful portrait:)
Ashwin, excellent series. Love the shot of the guitar player!

Shot from the weekend at Eagle's Nest, Inverloch with the 75 Lux @f/1.4

ashwinrao1

Another great set, Ashwin. Have you given up on the Ricoh?
Hi Lloyd, I haven't given up on the Ricoh at all. I think it does a bit better with Leica glass and is more compact than the NEX-7. The 12 MP makes focusing easier, as there is more wiggle room in terms of getting per-pixel sharpness. I do find the NEX7 to be a charming camera, an it puts out great files. I am looking forward to getting home to see what I really have, as my 11 inch screen doesn't really do its files much justice.

It'll be a tough choice, as I don't think I have room for both systems. The NEX is really fun!, but the Ricoh's files can be fun too and stunning. The lack of AA filter on the Ricoh still makes its images jump, possibly more than NEX7 files....

What I do appreciate is that my M9 will reign supreme for the forseeable future as the primary tool by which to utilize the wonderful glass...

Patrick, Rayyan and Lloyd thank you guys:)
Lloyd the backpack on my son was just a camera bag. Very nice set of shots!! I can relate to the skis as surfboards in the snow :D :D
Rayyan, very nice portrait shot!
Jason, wonderful captures!!
Ario, very nice pensive portrait.
David, beautiful portrait:)
Ashwin, excellent series. Love the shot of the guitar player!

Shot from the weekend at Eagle's Nest, Inverloch with the 75 Lux @f/1.4

Super shot Charles - beautiful light :thumbs:

PatrickCheung

AWWW MAN CHARLES.... stop doing that thing where you post amazing photos like that. The light is just perfect... composition is spot on. Your photos make me want to travel...

Status
Not open for further replies.