The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Nice shots. Looks like everyone was having a good time.

I like the b/w conversion here as well. Also, I think these are the first images I've seen taken with the 35/1.2 Nokton II. I had the first version, and really liked it, but I don't think I got the impressive subject isolation you have here. Also, did you have to have it modified for use on the M9?

iiiNelson

Thanks Lloyd for the comments. Yes everyone enjoyed themselves, there was plenty of food to be eaten, adult beverages flowing, and it was the first time my family had seen me in about 6 months. It was a combination going away for my sister and welcome back home for me.

Hopefully I will be able to get some more stuff to add to this thread this week.

As for the Nokton II... I didn't do anything special. The lens literally arrived a few hours before I left for my flight home. As for processing this is pretty much straight out the camera except for conversion to B&W (Yellow filter) in Aperture 3. I slightly missed the focus area on my sister (the middle picture) but it works for me anyway. I just used them as test subjects for lowlight ability. I will be going to Dominican Republic next month and I wanted to see if it was feasible to just go with the Nokton alone when I wanted to travel light.

All in all I'm really impressed with this Voigtlander moreso than any other I had ever tried. With the 35 Summilux FLE being virtually unobtainable still, and this being ~25% of the price of that aforementioned lens, I'd say it's one of the "steals" in an M-mount lens. Unlike other Voigtlander's I owned (28 Ultron/ 50 Nokton) this one performs well in color and B&W for my eyes. The 50 Nokton I had was great for B&W but the ZM 50 Planar won me over as an all around lens so I sold the 50 Nokton. It's not terribly large... or not as large as the pictures of it mounted would suggest but it's not small either. As a bonus it's operates pretty much as a 50 on my NEX-5 so it was a no brainer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.