The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paratom

I agree, very interesting effect and color. Thanks for sharing. Glad to see you're still shooting the M. I've enjoyed your work with the S2 very much as well.
Than Lloyd,
the M9 is (and will) be my favorite System besides the S2.
I have tried Pentax K5, m4/3 from Oly and Pana, Nex5n and 7 (still in my posession) and they are all nice but overall the M9 works best for me.
Tom

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Upper East Side from Across the Reservoir - yes, it's the cliched unapproachable promised land theme. Another from the "32 Views of Mt. Sinai" (the large blocky building on the left).

M9/28 Cron

Best,

Matt

Lloyd

Cool shot, Matt. Has a sort of timeless quality to it, and reminds me of a number of movies over the the years. Marathon Man, with Dustin Hoffman, for example, comes to mind. Not exactly sure why, but the image created the connection for me.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Cool shot, Matt. Has a sort of timeless quality to it, and reminds me of a number of movies over the the years. Marathon Man, with Dustin Hoffman, for example, comes to mind. Not exactly sure why, but the image created the connection for me.
Well, the final scene of Marathon Man was filmed about 200 yards to the right from where that was taken. That might be it...:ROTFL:

Best,

Matt

ced

Thanks those that liked my Tulips. So many great shots you guys keep pumping out and thanks for sharing.
Here is one from Belgica M9-35/f2 The boots are to go into some underground tunnels under the port area of Antwerp.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Ashwin, awesome tango shots. You are killing me, man. I was debating between the Nex 7 and buying more M and R glass, or saving and saving and saving and saving for an M9, but with three kids, etc.

Having traveled with the camera and glass for a while, what is the verdict? Is it worth owning if the M9 is a bit of a pipe dream?
Thanks, Mikal! Lol...the NEX 7 is a solid camera and appears to "play well" with Leica glass, from 35 mm (50 mm equiv) and onward.

Your question is a tough one to answer. M9 prices on the used market are going down, and with an M10 looming for a May 10th announcement, I suspect that prices will drop further, since Leica has made so many of these. I personally plan to stick with the M9 unless the M10 is a game changer, which I am somewhat doubtful about. I do feel that M9 files have something special, and while the NEX7 files are great, the M9 files, particularly at ISO's of 400 and less, are simply better. The NEX7 is far more capable at high ISO, but I find focus peaking to be less accurate on the NEX.

As a counterpoint, I find that focussing longer glass (90-135) is easier on the NEX bodies...

Tough choice. Owning an M9 is a unique, satisfying experience. Using the NEX 7 is very satisfying, but not quite in the same league, in my opinion.

Best,
Ashwin

Lloyd

Thanks those that liked my Tulips. So many great shots you guys keep pumping out and thanks for sharing.
Here is one from Belgica M9-35/f2 The boots are to go into some underground tunnels under the port area of Antwerp.
Well seen and captured. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Some more Devaraja Market photos. I love markets. Hope my obsession isn't boring. Thanks for looking.

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/750s; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/125s; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/180s; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/500s; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/350s; ISO 400

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Lloyd

No. Definitely not boring. Very nice.

Is that the CV 75/2.5 you're using? Great results with whichever.

rayyan

That's a stunning place and image, Rayyan. Wow. Is this the mosque in Khiva?
Hey there pal!! Thanks for meeting me in Khiva!!

Lloyd, this mosque is in Istanbul. The man from Khiva has some traveling to do.

Kindest regards.:salute:

JPizzzle

Hey Folks,
Posted this in a separate thread, but feel that it would be more appropriate in here:

So I was looking over my shots from a recent walk with my m9 and 50 lux asph, and came upon this strange shot. At first I thought it would be a throwaway, but then thought what the heck let's have some fun. Here's the before and after. What do you guys think!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.