The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Communicating #72

Leica M9 + CV Nokton 50mm f/1.5
ISO 160 @ f/4.8 @ 1/350 second

link to new blog post: http://godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com/communicatingthe-book

I've fallen in love with this freekin' lens. :-0

Anyway, my book workshop starts this week. The photos that will be featured in the book I produce from it will be this Communicating series. There will be a reception and book signing event on July 5th at ModernBook Gallery in San Francisco to celebrate. It would be great to see some of the locals there. More info as it happens!

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

Last edited:
Went to the coast yesterday hoping to catch some high surf but the waves were relatively tame.

I was mostly shooting film and was packing things up as the sun was lost behind clouds when when I noticed the light change for a moment. Grabbed my M9 with 90mm elmarit and took a few shots before we lost the light again.

Cheers,

Hosermage

Welcome aboard David! Fine shots to starts with - nice use of the Sonnar here - keep 'em coming :thumbs:
Thanks Joe! Don't encourage me too much :D I tend to shoot a lot of family and friends, so I hope I don't bore you guys with these. A cousin and his family are visiting from Taiwan, took a few snaps of them tonight...

Brian S

1938 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 Sonnar "T" modified into Leica thread mount, at F4, on the M9.

(Almost forgot, subject moved during exposure... I've heard from one too many people that a Leica cannot be used to get moving kid shots at playgrounds)

My youngest was made fun of by some older kids at the playpark so she was consoled by all of us, but she mostly wanted a hug from Mommy , this was at f2 while walking back to the car

Too bad our girls do not play at the same playground. Mine would have enjoyed giving her a push on the swing. I'm lucky that at almost 14, she has the philosophy that you are never too old for a playground.

Beatiful images, everyone.

Godfrey

Went to the coast yesterday hoping to catch some high surf but the waves were relatively tame.

I was mostly shooting film and was packing things up as the sun was lost behind clouds when when I noticed the light change for a moment. Grabbed my M9 with 90mm elmarit and took a few shots before we lost the light again.

Cheers,
this is a terrific photo, joe!

Hosermage

One day I was pulling out of the parking area from work, I looked to my right while waiting for the lights to turn green and noticed this little parking area with a giant coral tree and the pacific ocean behind it. Been working here for over a year now and never noticed this little slice of heaven. So I brought my M9 to work today and tried to capture it the best I can... hope I did it justice.

with 35mm Summicron V4.

Paratom

S2, Nex, and other toys... still love the M9 and the lenses for this system...
2 from yesterday . one with the 85 Sonnar, one with the Noctilux. So which is which?

Paratom

One day I was pulling out of the parking area from work, I looked to my right while waiting for the lights to turn green and noticed this little parking area with a giant coral tree and the pacific ocean behind it. Been working here for over a year now and never noticed this little slice of heaven. So I brought my M9 to work today and tried to capture it the best I can... hope I did it justice.
I like all 3 but think the first fits best your "story".
Now exchange the silver Car for a Ferrari with a nice young lady walking along and its perfect ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.