The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

It's been a while since I've been here (I feel as if I start EVERY post like this now). Everyone's posted some pretty great work since I left!

Steve, your photo of "Benjamin Franklin" (I think... I know nothing about american history) put a smile on my face, and the photo of the woman infront of the ad was just stunning.

CharlesK, your photos from bangkok were nothing short of amazing!

Hosermage, your "hands of an artist" and photos of your family were a pleasure to view :)

Now that I have a little free time (my first year of university just came to a close, no more classes, just assigments!), I'll be sure to post a little more. Should have some images up later tonight!

PatrickCheung

I've picked up a new lens recently, the Voigtlander 28/3.5 Color Skopar! I wasn't quite sure what to expect from it at first, but after a day of shooting, I fell in love with it. I'm almost scared to say that I might like it more than my beloved Canon LTM lenses (50/1.8 and 35/2). Oddly enough, I find it better as a black an white lens. It's colour renditions are just kinda whack on the M8. It's tack sharp, has decent distortion control, and is extremely portable and unobtrusive. I can see it becoming my standard lens... giving the amazing Canon 35/2 a run for it's money (which is extremely sad for me because I really... REALLY wanted to fall in love with the lens, but never got the chance to).

Here's what the little lens can do!

All these were taken with an M8 and Voigtlander 28mm f3.5 Color Skopar

Eric Haldenby, a professor of mine and the director of my program. Really cool guy!

Wezzzzleeeeyy

And finally, to top it all off, an image from my Canon 35/2.

I really do enjoy waking up next to her, starting my day off with her, and of course concluding it with her in my arms. She's someone I can spend an endless amount of time with and not get sick of. She's someone who I seem to always want to support and encourage, someone I want to see grow. She understands me and is infinitely patient with me.

Oh and ontop of all that, she's become my photography padawan... going to purchase an RD-1 within the week!

Ms. Hillary Chang:

ashwinrao1

Sorry, gang, like Patrick, a girl has stole my affections...

By the way, great pics, Patrick, and wonderful use of that awesome 28 f/3.5 skopar. I really need to use mine more...it's fantastic, and you are showing this.

Additionally, great images, in no specific order:

1. Joe Hakim: Great, great cap of the waterfront
2. Robert, fantastic images in close up of your kiddo
3. Patrick, wonderful pics of your lady. I see that she isn't camera-shy ;)
4. David (Hosermage), I see that you are putting the M9 to great great use
5. Paratom, lovely portrait, and beautiful eyes on the little one
6. Steve, lovely metal woman!
7. TheDigitalBean, fantastic use of close up for the 35 lux
8. Mohammad, that pic of the fisherman and the bridge...my gosh, amazing....
9. Godfrey, wonderful street scene
10 Matt, more colorful magic from you, my friend. See you soon!
12. Charles, you are up to your usual tricks with your fantastic, at ease portraiture

ashwinrao1

Speaking of the lady who has won my affections, I have been taking a few photos of her...a couple of images to share with you all...

And one happy dude with this fine lady:

CharlesK

thedigitalbean, Patrick and Ashwin, many thanks!!!
Patrick, absolutely love your impromptu and very real shots! Great stuff:)
Ashwin, congratulations on your beautiful lady:thumbs: A wonderful set of glowing shots!

Some more street shots from Bangkok, with the 50 Lux:)

ShiroKuro

Moving to Japan and the birth of my son has keep me a little busy theses past months . Not leaving me much time to comment or post any images, I have been checking in on this thread from time to time to check out the new images that have been posted .... and have really enjoyed them ... Thanks ....

M8.2 35 Summaron

MikalWGrass

Ashwin, mazel tov. Won't be too long before you are too busy with her to take other photos. Ah, such is life. These are the most important pictures anyway.

ceh

ashwinrao1;Speaking of the lady who has won my affections, I have been taking a few photos of her...a couple of images to share with you all...
And one happy dude with this fine lady:

..supeb:thumbup:

ceh

CharlesK,
Some more street shots from Bangkok, with the 50 Lux:)

Charles,
beautiful pictures:thumbs:
I particularly like the portrait of the young ladies:salute:

ceh

ShiroKuro;
Moving to Japan and the birth of my son has keep me a little busy theses past months . Not leaving me much time to comment or post any images, I have been checking in on this thread from time to time to check out the new images that have been posted .... and have really enjoyed them ... Thanks ....
M8.2 35 Summaro
..Congratulations!
:)

PatrickCheung

I'm on my phone checking this thread, and I really wish I could view it on a larger screen because all these images are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the compliments all!

Ashwin, Congrats on the lady, and those are some very beautiful shots!

Charles, the set is amazing, and I love the one of the men sitting and the portrait of the lady! All your images are so full of colour and have this very... foreign feel to them which certainly fit them very well.

ShiroKuro, I hope Japan is treating you well and Congrats on the son :) beautiful photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.