The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

first shots with my M8. New to the world of Leica and still trying to become "acquainted" with her. Lens this weekend was cron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH

I would love some feedback good or BAD.
First off Jeff, welcome to the forum, and welcome to the strange and wonderful (and expensive!) world of Digital M shooting. As for your shots, I really like the first shot, very intriguing. And that b/w shot of the kids is a flat out winner. Love it. :salute:

Lloyd

Hey Patrick your post got me a little nostalgic of days gone by ; ) Enjoy your summer holiday as you will see life starts speeding up and before you know it ........ you'll be photographing your nephew skateboarding .... my son is only two months old ,another month or so and I'll be sending him down the hill ,right now he is to small ...
The focusing part is easy ... just pre focused on a spot that I knew he would cross on the way down .. the hard part was his dad was sending him down and I was taking the pic and catching him ... I was laying on the ground to get this angle and I wanted the flare from the sun ,.... Kento is great to photograph ,very natural country boy . He has two older brothers and so insist on doing everything an older kid can do ... with a lot of determination ... He refers to himself as my sons older brother ; )

Here is a link to a great series based on a young girl .... Mirai-chan | Sokokashiko

Here are few from yesterdays walk through Waki .....

M8.2 35 summaron
Thanks for the link, Charles. I enjoyed that. As for your shots here, great stuff, as always. Love the way that Summaron renders, and especially in B/W. The second shot in particular just sings.

JeffWarren

@ David YES great opportunities at the faire for some wonderfully interesting images. David nice set all the way around. I am going back next weekend (wife's b-day) w/o kids in tow. I will keep a lookout for any other RF's.

@ Dude thanks..I am finding my kids will make for great practice for street shooting. (always on the move)

@ Lloyd thanks for the kind welcome. Strange wonderful and expensive, well put!

sjg284

Great stuff all.
Just got back from 2 weeks in Asia.. and half a week of editing photos.

Will be catching up on this thread and slowly posting some of my results...

M8 + 50lux v2

Lloyd

Robert: That's a serious look on that face! Nice.

Steve: Great capture. Lots of energy in that frame. Looking forward to more from your trip.

m_driscoll

Photographers: I liked everything! Including Patrick's reminding me of the end of my first year in Architecture school. Big +1 and :salute:
Mike: Keep the 75 Summarit. It's become one of my favorites. :D

Here's a few with it that i don't think I've posted:

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/250s @ f/4.8; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/125s @ f/3.4; ISO 400

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

ShiroKuro

Thanks Loyd .. glad you liked that link and the pics .. Japan has excellent photography books ,one can spend hours in a book store looking through them ... The 35 summaron works really well on the M8 .. in certain situations it can be too sharp , really love this old lens .

One of my favorite subjects to photograph are crows , Though I never manage to get a decent shot of one ,they are wicked smart and seem to be camera shy ... today this one actually let me get up close and take a few pictures him , he even posed for a few ; ) ....

anyway here are two from today ......

M8.2 35 summaron

CharlesK

Just got back from Bali, staying up in Ubud. So many excellent images, and credits to catch up on:)
Congrats Patrick and Hilary, on being able to share your passion!!! Many great spontaneous portraits with passion!!
Chris, beautiful story and images :salute:
Charles, so many awesome shot! Love the stark B&W.
Matt, great shots
Robert, very nice capture with the 50 Cron.
Steve,SJG, nice street shot!
Hoserimage, amazing portraits series:thumbup:
Jeff, I love the first and last shot!

Shots are from the last few days, staying at Ubud at Bali. All the shots are with 24 and 50 Lux:) This set is from the Mother Temple at Basikah, where there have been almost month most religious celebrations.

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

oh man... I need to check this thread more often! Hillary's with me for the first few weeks of our break, so we've just been running around town finding things to do and take photos of! I've got a few to share, I'll post them tomorrow when I have time to process them!

There's a lot to catch up on... so here we go!

Jeff: Congrats on the M8, and the BW shot of your children is just lovely!
Shiro: Your nephew's drive to do everything his brothers do is going to take him to great places one day. It's great that he's doing so many things at such an early age. I sometimes wish I was a little more adventurous in my childhood, that way I'd be a little less afraid of falling, climbing, etc. Hopefully that determination lasts throughout his entire life :)

David: I really like your faire shots! Especially the ones on your blog! I wish we had something like that in Toronto.

Rob: the shots of your daughter always put a smile on my face. So much emotion :p

Charles: I always like viewing your photos. I'm going to be doing a little travelling myself soon, I'm hoping I can come home with shots like yours!

dude163

These are great .....that 135 must of been a challenge to use to capture this raven in flight .

it was indeed, Im still not sure if I even like the elmarit 135 , its bulky, heavy , unwieldy, but when it works its awesome!

here is what it looks like on Camera

sjg284

Charles, Lloyd - Thanks!
Hillary, welcome.. I see that you joined while I was away on travel! Great to see you on the other end of the camera too :)

Shiro - Well captured, great post process
Dude - Nice eye/speed with that 135! Big guns for an M!
Hillary - Loved the colors in the second one, OOF, etc.
Hosermage - I really liked the expression here
Charles - This was my fave of the set, always great to see your travels

Status
Not open for further replies.