The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

Hey all :)

Steve, that's a beautiful photo. It's got such a vintage feel to it!

A few of our friends came down from Cambridge to Toronto to visit us two days ago :p It was definitely nice seeing them again, but it's slowly setting in that I won't be seeing some of them for 4 long months. Our goodbye was long and depressing... but at least we got to see each other one last time.

On a side note, I'm loving the Canon 35/2. It renders images so uniquely... it's sharp, but it has a nice softness to it.

and just seconds after the last image was taken...

Who says the M8 can't do low light? The last two were shot at ISO640, 1/60, wide open :)

It's kind of sad thinking that Hillary only has a week left with me here in Toronto before she leaves for Vancouver. I find that I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to do with her. Should I take her out fancy places and show her around the tourist areas of Toronto, or should I just take it easy and relax with her? I figure I'll just play it by ear and see how we feel each day. We seem to be happy with just being in each other's company. I love the feeling of waking up with her wrapped around me every morning. We always ask each other if we can stay like that forever, which makes me smile :) Reminds me of the story of Bacchus and Philemon.

ShiroKuro

Steve ,the Zone is gone ?... 30 years ago lol wow where did the time go ?.... I grew up on the Vineyard and used to tell my mom I was going to a friends ...I'd wake up really early, take the ferry ,hop on the bus spend the day walking around the North End and the Combat Zone be back in time to catch the last boat home .... first year in High school .....

Patrick I think Hillary reads the forum now lol ... maybe she will tell you what she would like to do while in Toronto .... though I think she already has ....

Hide San ... 90 years old and has managed to plant two large gardens this year ... actually this is the norm in my neighborhood ... The older folk are amazing .

M8.2 90 Elmarit

Last edited:

dude163

Another day , another spam attack by Robert the Leica addict . both cron 50 and M8

BTW If you guys get sick of my kid shots let me know , I used to get annoyed when I saw kid shots, until i had kids, now I understand :)

here is my eldest in the last moment of sunlight while we were walking in the woods, I ran ahead of her to take this as she was skipping along

this next ne is an experiment, I keep lusting after a film M body for no reason, so I decided to make a Slide *style* preset , let me know what you think:

Lloyd

Another day , another spam attack by Robert the Leica addict . both cron 50 and M8

BTW If you guys get sick of my kid shots let me know , I used to get annoyed when I saw kid shots, until i had kids, now I understand :)

here is my eldest in the last moment of sunlight while we were walking in the woods, I ran ahead of her to take this as she was skipping along

this next ne is an experiment, I keep lusting after a film M body for no reason, so I decided to make a Slide *style* preset , let me know what you think:
Not tired of them at all, Robert. Keep 'em coming. As for these two, that first one is flat off the charts good!!! And I like the preset. Very nice.

Lloyd

Hey all :)

A few of our friends came down from Cambridge to Toronto to visit us two days ago :p It was definitely nice seeing them again, but it's slowly setting in that I won't be seeing some of them for 4 long months. Our goodbye was long and depressing... but at least we got to see each other one last time.

On a side note, I'm loving the Canon 35/2. It renders images so uniquely... it's sharp, but it has a nice softness to it.

and just seconds after the last image was taken...

Who says the M8 can't do low light? The last two were shot at ISO640, 1/60, wide open :)

It's kind of sad thinking that Hillary only has a week left with me here in Toronto before she leaves for Vancouver. I find that I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to do with her. Should I take her out fancy places and show her around the tourist areas of Toronto, or should I just take it easy and relax with her? I figure I'll just play it by ear and see how we feel each day. We seem to be happy with just being in each other's company. I love the feeling of waking up with her wrapped around me every morning. We always ask each other if we can stay like that forever, which makes me smile :) Reminds me of the story of Bacchus and Philemon.

Tough way to spend your summer break, Patrick. Do what makes you both happy. Love this last shot.

Lloyd

Steve ,the Zone is gone ?... 30 years ago lol wow where did the time go ?.... I grew up on the Vineyard and used to tell my mom I was going to a friends ...I'd wake up really early, take the ferry ,hop on the bus spend the day walking around the North End and the Combat Zone be back in time to catch the last boat home .... first year in High school .....

Patrick I think Hillary reads the forum now lol ... maybe she will tell you what she would like to do while in Toronto .... though I think she already has ....

Hide San ... 90 years old and has managed to plant two large gardens this year ... actually this is the norm in my neighborhood ... The older folk are amazing .

M8.2 90 Elmarit
Great shot Charles. An impressive gentleman. (I see we had some of the same haunts "back in the day".)

Status
Not open for further replies.