The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

Another day , another spam attack by Robert the Leica addict . both cron 50 and M8

BTW If you guys get sick of my kid shots let me know , I used to get annoyed when I saw kid shots, until i had kids, now I understand :)

here is my eldest in the last moment of sunlight while we were walking in the woods, I ran ahead of her to take this as she was skipping along

this next ne is an experiment, I keep lusting after a film M body for no reason, so I decided to make a Slide *style* preset , let me know what you think:

Beautiful series of caps, Robert!

ashwinrao1

Shiro, is that your child on the skateboard? I'm impressed by your ability to focus on such a fast moving subject :p I ran into a family today, they were at a parking lot skateboarding (yes, even the father, who looked about 30). I asked if I could take a few photos, and I found it extremely difficult focusing and framing with the kids skating around everywhere!

I'll post those photos up after I'm done processing them :)

Handed in my last project of the year yesterday... finally done with my first year in university! Naturally... my friends and I threw a little celebration and got wasted...

Here's the caption I wrote for one of the photos I had on flickr...

"My first year in university came to an end on April 20th, 2012. A few friends had to leave Cambridge the next day, as we all will within the next week. A few of us come from the same city, though as a group, we'll be apart for the next four months. As Chris said, it'll be a bittersweet summer. Naturally, we threw one last jam, as our way of celebrating the conclusion of our first year and to say goodbye to the few who left early. As usual, we all ended up in an inebriated buzz. Only eight months ago we were all strangers. It's nice looking back and seeing how far we've all come. We've had our differences and disagreements, but we've overcame them and grew closer. I've made friends here that I can trust and relate to, and I'm more than thankful for that.

It'll be hard to say goodbye to my friends, even the ones that live close to me, but it'll be even harder to say goodbye to Hillary. We've only been together for roughly four months, but time works differently in Cambridge... one month feels like a few, and naturally people and relationships develop much the same way. On our way back home from our little get together, drunk Patrick told drunk Hillary that he loves her lots but doesn't see them as a couple. In some ways, I agree with drunk Patrick, I don't feel as if we're a couple, or at least... not a couple that I'm used to seeing or being a part of. I see her as a sort of... best friend, someone I trust myself with, someone I can be open and true to, someone I can explore with. At the same time, I deeply care for Hillary, I want to be there for her whenever she needs me, I want to watch her grow as a person and grow with her. I see her as my sidekick, and much like with my friends, I'm more than thankful I have her. I know there are people that don't approve of our relationship, but I can't be happier with it. I'd like to think that what under-the-influence Wesley said is true, that "Hatrick is the coolest couple ever!"

When we got home, I set up a few lights and took a few photos of her to pass the time while we waited for the Kraft Dinner to cook. We were both still buzzed, happy that we had one last amazing night with the friends we care for so much, but feeling sick from all the stuff we drank. I feel as if the set of photos captured the feel of last night and the coming summer very well; it was and will be a lot of fun, we all looked forward to it, though it won't be without a little pain.

Goodbye for now, guys. I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon :)"

Anyway, I'll be posting some better photos soon, just gotta process them! Here's a few photos we took with the R-D1 and Nokton 40/1.4. Surprisingly, my ability to focus a rangefinder and move lights remain somewhat unchanged whilst I'm inebriated :p

My gosh, these are beyond great. Strong work, guys, and welcome to Hilary!

ashwinrao1

Just got back from Bali, staying up in Ubud. So many excellent images, and credits to catch up on:)
Congrats Patrick and Hilary, on being able to share your passion!!! Many great spontaneous portraits with passion!!
Chris, beautiful story and images :salute:
Charles, so many awesome shot! Love the stark B&W.
Matt, great shots
Robert, very nice capture with the 50 Cron.
Steve,SJG, nice street shot!
Hoserimage, amazing portraits series:thumbup:
Jeff, I love the first and last shot!

Shots are from the last few days, staying at Ubud at Bali. All the shots are with 24 and 50 Lux:) This set is from the Mother Temple at Basikah, where there have been almost month most religious celebrations.

Your usual magnificence, Charles!

ashwinrao1

Hi! This is my first post on this forum :) although apparently you guys all know me already - says patrick who posts photos of me all the time. so it's my turn now :p

(taken with Epson RD-1)
Welcome, Hilary. I see that you have adapted to the rangefinder way so quickly...this is a great place to share, and Patrick and you have added a great dimension with you images of your shared lives together. Fantastic work, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Lloyd

A few from the past week's trip to Santa Monica:

Saw this guy coming:

Finally, my Noct and M were returned from being calibrated yesterday, so I was just playing around:

Thanks for looking! C&C always appreciated,
Bob
Excellent set, Bob. These two really jumped out for me. Love the fact that the green-haired guy on the trike was wearing Ugs! Great catch.

ashwinrao1

Okay, trying to catch up, but hopelessly behind. I've been visiting XPro-1 and NEX-7 land, recently, but will have an exciting now piece of Leica kit to shoot come Monday or Tuesday....in the meantime, I hope that everyone is well!

Speaking of what I have been up to, here's some X-Pro1 love (justified in posting this here, as I have an adapter and some of the shots here are with M glass...

IQ is M-like, for sure, with better high ISO....focus remains an issue, particularly in low light, were all of that high ISO goodness could come in handy....

Lloyd

What are these?
Magic lamps, I answered. Will a genie appear if I rub them, he asked.

Depends, I said. What do you want?
All the Kameras and all the lenses, he said. And a bike, please.

Why?, I asked. The bike to carry my cameras and lenses.
Great story (as always), and great image to go with it. :salute:

Lloyd

Okay, trying to catch up, but hopelessly behind. I've been visiting XPro-1 and NEX-7 land, recently, but will have an exciting now piece of Leica kit to shoot come Monday or Tuesday....in the meantime, I hope that everyone is well!
Did you get an advance sample of what's being announced on May 10th? :shocked:

ashwinrao1

Gosh, I wish....

No, no insider info on what's coming on May 10th, other than all of the hints and whispers and what's been poste at LUF and LeicaRumors....but it's quite tasty nonetheless....a much anticipated M mount lens...

dude163

oooh, do tell, does it rhyme with 0.95?

ashwinrao1

But I'll give you a hint, Lloyd...the lens is in the pic...and the pic was taken by the lens...

Two more images from said lens....

Status
Not open for further replies.