The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Post #5351 (have to start somewhere) -
Steve: Great, gritty, character study!
Steve: Thank you, sir!
GMB: Really love the first one! Study in contrasts there (front to back).
Patrick: Always a reminiscent vicarious pleasure!
Shiro: Like Steve's: a brilliant character study.
Sig: Great lines and perspective in all of these compositions. The last is my favorite.
Robert: I like the preset (and your photos). I occasionally drift that way. Why not?
David: Distinct, effective, compositions.
Charles: Your portraits really draw me in. I want to know more about the people. DOF, nicely used.
Steve: WTF! Cool.
Shiro: Nice baseball set. The last one captures a really expressive moment.
David: Can't fault his 'funny face'.
Bob: Gotta love Santa Monica!
Rayyan: I always enjoy interpreting, viewing, and wondering over your photos and 'narratives'. BTW: couldn't get it all on a bike.
Jeff: Nice photographed bits and pieces.
Robert: Great color and composition!
Ashwin: Making it hard to resist the impulse buy. They're just sitting there in the display case.
Ashwin: Montevideo?
Ashwin: Las Vegas?
Chris: Both great portraits! In the last week, I've shot about 500 cat photos.
Charles: I like your Nocti shots!
Patrick: I esp. like the softness of the first one. BTW: you can never have too many 50mm lenses. Or, 35mm lenses, but, there aren't as many of them.
Shiro: The 3rd one for me. Layering's very distinct.
ced: Great color and compositions; esp. the 2nd one.
Ashwin: LOL
Ashwin: I'll loan you my Hawk's adapter. I'll bring it with me tomorrow night.
Shiro: Not too shabby with the M8.2. Stellar IQ and pp.
Steve: Brilliant comp and pp!
Hillary: Excellent photos! (why is Hillary the only woman posting here?)
Patrick: Also, excellent. I esp. like the pp/tone of these photos!
Patrick: I agree with Charles's comments re: the B & W and the M8. Shouldn't have sold mine; but , they'll be dirt cheap when the B&W M is announced in a couple of weeks.
Sig: Cool umbrella series. They're rarely seen in Seattle. My wife has one (but, then she's from Alaska).
Robert: Interesting test. The 135's probably not a BIF lens?
Hillary: Beautiful compostions!
David: It is a nice effect.
Scott: Just after, I tell Robert his 135 isn't a BIF lens, you post these! Interesting to know the shutter speed and aperture in the first two?
- Post #5472 (have to end somewhere)
Matt, I shall keep it short...Thank you.:salute:

Lloyd

You can RUN!!!?? :D

Lovely, place to be hiking Lloyd. And you get some excellent pics too!!:thumbs:

Regards.
Well... I call it running. Many would call it walking slowly. :D

Thank you for the kind words, my friend. Best to you and your family. :salute:

Lloyd

Some joker parked in my space, and even had his wheels part way over the line into the handicapped space. :wtf: I parked (not in my space), and took the picture below. Then I got back in my truck and backed it, rapidly, into the car... two, maybe three times. (Don't worry, I have a big bumper and towing hitch, so it didn't hurt my truck; unless you count the red paint.) And then I took my keys and scratched, "never park in my space again" onto the hood.

I went back to my truck to get the camera to take and "after" shot, but before I could, the owner of the car came out of the building and took umbrage at something. :cussing: I think it he was saying something about my taking a picture without his permission... yeah, that must have been it. I don't know what his problem was, it's my parking space!:loco:

The tow-truck driver said it will probably be several weeks before the car can even be driven, let alone parked in my spot again. I thought that was a good thing. :D Actually I'm hoping he won't bother. Next time I might be in a bad mood.

rayyan

Lloyd, I hope the rangefinder on your cam did not get misaligned!!:shocked:
Guess you had the uv/ir on it. That must have saved it!

Take care.

p.s I keep it on all the time (uv/ir) to prevent misaligned finders. A shopkeeper told me when I was abroad.

Lloyd

Lloyd, I hope the rangefinder on your cam did not get misaligned!!:shocked:
Guess you had the uv/ir on it. That must have saved it!

Take care.
You know what, I hadn't thought of that. You're probably right. Good thing I don't have an M9, eh?

rayyan

You know what, I hadn't thought of that. You're probably right. Good thing I don't have an M9, eh?
Guess that's the reason for the cracked sensors!!

No worry, they have solved the problem. It was the colors after all.

They seem to be working on one without colors..Black and White is the rumor.

Stay well and drive carefully.

Lloyd

Guess that's the reason for the cracked sensors!!

No worry, they have solved the problem. It was the colors after all.

They seem to be working on one without colors..Black and White is the rumor.

Stay well and drive carefully.
Can I get it in black and blue? :D

BTW, as a footnote to the above, my partner just called and was going on about something. He said his wife is furious, and that his father-in-law will probably never visit us at the office again. I mean what's that about? Oh, and he asked how I am at handling mothers-in-law. Weird.

rayyan

BTW, as a footnote to the above, my partner just called and was going on about something. He said his wife is furious, and that his father-in-law will probably never visit us at the office again. I mean what's that about? Oh, and he asked how I am at handling mothers-in-law. Weird.
You don't say old boy! Weird, indeed. The cheek.

Maybe he was off color that moment.

Do you by any chance have uv/ir over your office building?

Black and blue, eh? That's a thought. Any pre-orders? But no violence with mother-in-laws, my friend. What ever will they say at the country club.

Mother-in-laws. Depends. If they are in or temporarily out of the rehab.

ashwinrao1

That is wierd...sounds like a case of mistaken identify. I couldn't imagine anyone expressing that sentiment to you, Lloyd...

shtarka1

This Page Is Busting With Insane Magnificent Work!!!! I'll Be Back Later To Comment & Thanks To Everyone For Keeping Me Inspred!!!

PatrickCheung

dammit ashwin, if you keep posting photos with that SLR Magic, I'll have to rob a bank or hold up a few stores >:C

Steve :p That's a magnificent photo you posted yourself :)

D

Deleted member 7792

Magnolia Plantation in Charleston, SC in April. M9, Noctilux, ISO 160, 1/750 sec.

Lloyd

Beautiful image, Joe. Great to see you posting over here in the Digital M thread. I've been a fan of your work for some time. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.