The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesK

No way of catching! But amazing images everyone:thumbup:
Patrick, loving your great shots and journey!
Charles, great frame shot of the young base baller:)
Ashwin, amazing series with the SLR Magic:thumbup:
Hillary, really nice set from Vancouver!
Matt, very nice from the "Pike Place" marker, and awesome shots from India:)
Ajay, wonderful set and PP'ing!!!
Lloyd, beautiful capture with the 90 Elmarit:thumbup:
Mike, excellent capture of the "entertainer:)
Gary, love the first shot!
Rayyan, fantastic colour shots and PP'ing. Your shots always amaze me:thumbup:
Richard, congrats!!
If I have missed anyone I hopelessly behind!

Shots from Tainan streets in Taiwan. Here on business, and had a brief opportunity to walk the older part of Tainan, testing out my newly acquired 50 Nocti f/1.0 IV.

Mike Woods

"Last one" from the Monument Valley. It took time to process it the way I really want. I'm pretty that this is with the 85/2 ZM. Ashwin, don't sell the lens, you will regret it! :) (honestly, I like this lens better than the 90/2 AA)

Richard, I keep coming back to this image ... it's unsettling me a little lol!

I'm seeing a purple flare spot to the right and what looks like mist in the middle and backgrounds? Not sure if this is mist, or the result of clarity adjustments? My goodness this is a tough case for correct exposure! Love the foreground :)

Mike

Lloyd

Lloyd, such an inspiring RF the Monochrome, and i can see that with your magnificent shots ! well done love them all. cheers!
Thank you, Mohammad. Much appreciated.

so i dont check this thread for a good few days and i'm already like 3 pages behind :O so much beautiful work! this thread is always so inspiring.

i've been in such a rut with photography within the past week.. just couldn't bring myself to take photos for the past few days. but i finally picked up my camera yesterday and went down to granville island (super tourist location in vancouver but still one of my favourite places) and snapped a few before my battery died :) not particularly happy with them.. but they're not horrible for being a few days rusty too :/

in other news.. i've contracted a horrible case of GAS which doesn't appear to be going away xD so i recently acquired a fed4 with an industar 61 50/2.8, and as of today a rolleicord III :) so i experimented with the industar 61 on my RD-1 yesterday.
Wow. Hillary, your images just get better and better. Congrats on the new glass!

The Pike Place Market, again.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Really liking the rendering of that 21, Matt. Nice set.

So many incredible shots from everyone ... got me inspired to try my hand at B&W.

Loved the first few months with the M8 that I took the plunge and sold her so I could picked up an M9 ... still a lot to learn ... guess I just need to keep shooting ... how rough life can be at times ;-)

Thanks for the inspiration,

Alejandro
Congrats on the M9, Alejandro. And on the nice set. (Nice glow to these as well.)

Howdy folks.
Long time lurker around these parts, but barely shared any images. Some of you are familiar from the FM Leica thread. Thought I would share a few images from the last few months. Constructive feedback is most welcome. Hope to contribute more here.
Wow! What a terrific set of images!! Thanks for posting.

Rayyan: The shot with the lamps is gorgeous to behold.

What a view Lloyd! Last few from the Badlands...
Thank you Gary. Love that top shot. Almost an abstract. Looks like the Badlands turn out bad for that snake!

Thanks Matt :) As they say, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about....

To give you some context, over the past 2 days I've spent approx 11 hours walking, standing, watching and waiting .... I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow for a rest :wtf:

Regards

Mike
We're the beneficiaries of your sacrifice, Mike. Always admire your work.

Not far from here lies a very big city. We are in the Rif mountains. Berber country, Morocco.

A young man of 21 years, from the Berber Tribe, would leave his home and go on a journey.

His journey would last 30 years. When he would return, his father, mother, most of his family and friends would have been dead. The Black Plague was sweeping these parts from Europe.

The year is 1325. The young man would dictate his journey in a travel memoir, which would be more famously and erroneously known as the ' Rihla ' or the ' Journey'.

This man would have travelled 120,000 kms..on foot, on mules, camels and horses. He would have travelled to the furthest corners of China.
His journey would be unmatched till the advent of the steam engine.

The young man came from Tangiers or Tanja, as I know it. He would be known in the west as Ibn Batutta. The traveller.

p.s Those who have visited Dubai would have surely visited the Ibn Batutta Mall. The largest shopping arcade in the world. Named in honor of the traveller from Morocco.
Beautiful shot, Rayyan. BTW, your earlier mention of Ibn Batutta cost me a number of hours reading about him in the Internet. My gain... thank you.

Well, I have to blow my horn a little bit more. This image just won the 2nd place in Soho Gallery (NYC)'s National Competition!

Woohooooo!!!
Woohoooooo!!! Indeed. Well, done; great shot and congratulations!

Mysore, India, Devaraja Market:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Another beautiful set of images, Matt. Love the goats!

On this day of the eclipse, we went to a small sculpture garden that didn't have much sculptures :-/ Maybe they're leaving room for more in the future. Anyway, had some fun:

Oh, did I mention there was a solar eclipse? I didn't get a good shot of the sun, but caught some interesting shadows. Reminds me of what someone said about shooting sunsets -- turn around!
Great set, David. Very cool shot of the eclipse shadows too.

Lloyd

"Last one" from the Monument Valley. It took time to process it the way I really want. I'm pretty that this is with the 85/2 ZM. Ashwin, don't sell the lens, you will regret it! :) (honestly, I like this lens better than the 90/2 AA)
Really nice one Richard. :salute:

Lloyd

Drove up a local canyon early last Saturday so Mimi could meet some friends for a training run. The were heading up in to the mountains, starting at a trailhead right by the road. I had a couple of hours to kill, so I took a walk on a different trail, which follows an old pipeline, which took water to a gristmill a century ago. Fortunately for me, and my still-recovering knee, the trail is fairly level, while the canyon falls away quickly.

All the the M8, 28 Cron:

The road up the canyon:

Along the trail:

Looking down into the canyon:

richardman

Richard, I keep coming back to this image ... it's unsettling me a little lol!

I'm seeing a purple flare spot to the right and what looks like mist in the middle and backgrounds? Not sure if this is mist, or the result of clarity adjustments? My goodness this is a tough case for correct exposure! Love the foreground :)

Mike
Thanks Mike (and Lloyd and others who commented..)

The purple is from the Sun flare. Since this is from a 3-shot handheld HDR, one shot flares badly. I sort of like it as this almost looks like a digital painting. May be I will add a "Mothgership" or something :)

As for the unsettling aspect, I think I know what you mean ;-P

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Richard. Given the current market, I am holding off. I was torn about selling it in the first place, given its unique rendering and lovely OOF. I think the ZM 85 is the perfect portrait lens, but you are demonstrating what a wonderful lens it is in compressing landscapes, including the breadth of its tonal rendition. I'm very impressed.

Keep up the great work, Richard! And Kudos on all of the awards!

ashwinrao1

Drove up a local canyon early last Saturday so Mimi could meet some friends for a training run. The were heading up in to the mountains, starting at a trailhead right by the road. I had a couple of hours to kill, so I took a walk on a different trail, which follows an old pipeline, which took water to a gristmill a century ago. Fortunately for me, and my still-recovering knee, the trail is fairly level, while the canyon falls away quickly.

All the the M8, 28 Cron:

QUOTE]

then knee hasn't stop you, I see, Lloyd. Wonderful varied greens...

Lloyd

All the the M8, 28 Cron:

/QUOTE]

then knee hasn't stop you, I see, Lloyd. Wonderful varied greens...

Thanks Ashwin.

aboudd

I tried the M for about a year, I couldn't get used to the rangefinder. I posted a few of my favorite images on the blog.

Last edited:

CharlesK

Mike, Lloyd, David and Ashwin, thank you very much:salute:
Mike, love the red and white capture!
Lloyd, wonderful scenes, very nice shots!

Some more shots from Tainan, with the 50 Nocti and 24 Lux:)

dude163

Another weekend another kids birthday party!

here is my friend and his son, with his dad in teh background, 3 generations in 1 shot

the eldest son on a swing

and the 2 year old birthday boy spying some cake!

cya all !

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.