The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

nice shot!

mid 50s! when it hits that we wear shorts up here :)
Thanks!

I do too when the wind isn't blowing gale forces with gusts twice that strong. As I said, just getting out of the car to take a picture nearly cost me my life ... I was almost lifted and tossed over a 600 foot cliff! At one point, I thought something had gone wrong with the car's suspension or I'd blown a tire: i realized what was happening when I couldn't open the door for the force of the wind hitting it.

8^0

DwF

Godfrey, I know those winds from years back, and most recently (2 years back) I rented a Mustang convertible to show my 13 year old son some of California and the coast. He cried uncle on the highways from the wind before I reached my limit....I think it wrecked havoc with his hair :)

From your trip I really like the portrait you made of your friend.

And Dude, That first one is very striking! I am guessing a 50mm lens. The controlled light throws me off...very nice!

David

mAlKhamis

Matt, sorry for that, at least congrats for the honor of holding a prototype ;) I love what Leica did by introducing the M-Monochrome, specially for people like me whom obsessed with B&W, actually Phase One did the same last year with their P40+ DB Monochrome, that appeared to produce stunning B&W image, so it's not really a new idea. I'm waiting for a review of the final product.

Charles, Gary, thank you so much, glad you like it !

Godfrey, nice shot for a nice car !

David, Lovely shot ! i totally agree with you regarding the feel of the shot, I've just placed my order for an B+W MC ND 0.6 for my 50cron :) you did inspire me, thanks !

DwF, Lovely colorful shot !

Robert, the first B&W portrait is excellent, good work !

Andrew Gough

Mohammad, thanks for the nice compliments! Your images of your daughters are great, I especially like how you get their eyes so well lit! At first I thought that the HDR look of your cigar smoking man was too much, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it! Well done!

Gary, great shots! I would have liked to have seen the last one as B&W with dark skies...

Matt, thanks for posting the M9M shots, it looks to be a killer cam for B&W!

David, the ND looks good! It kind of gives a yellowy effect I think.

Patrick, welcome back home ;) when do you go back to HK?

Mike, nice shots of Bristol?

Robert, cute girls, I bet that they keep you busy! The B&W in your second set is a very nicely done portrait!

Charles, like the water fall. Looks very slippery :eek:

esmallits, I like number 1!

Ashwin, you make me miss India! Perhaps my favourite country to travel in! Great shots!

Godfrey, a nice ride!

DwF, welcome to the board! I would love to see some more wide open images from that lens!

Thank you for all the nice compliments on my 24 hours in Paris!

DwF

Thank you Mohammed, and Andrew. Andrew I will for sure post one wide-open from the 35. I love this lens and also it's compactness! I also have the 28 that you make such wonderful use of in your Paris shots. I will get to using that one on the M9 soon.

Hosermage, I loved my afternoon at Legoland. I like the way you've captured each of these sets here.

David

seakayaker

I am new to post here but since discovering the site and this particular thread I have been really enjoying what you all have posted. I am not new to M cameras but I recently got an M9 and I am having fun with it.
David
Welcome!

Lovely photograph! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

. . . . . keep 'em coming.

seakayaker

Re: just a beauty shot ...

I realized I didn't have any photos of the new Yellow Car with the top down, so I stopped at an overlook on the Pacific Coast Highway on my way to Mendocino to snap a shot:

Leica M9 + CV Skopar 35mm f/2.5
ISO 160 @ f/5.6

The wind was blowing hard and very gusty ... When I attempted to get a slightly higher viewpoint to catch a little more of the canyon behind the car, it nearly picked me up and threw me to the sea! I decided that was enough, got back in and continued on. twenty miles later, I put the top back up as air temps had dropped to the mid-50s ... too cold and blowy for me.
Godfrey, great photograph of your new wheels!

Congratulations, I am sure you are having a lot of fun.

seakayaker

I bought the Kelby lightroom 3 book from a getdpi member here and I learned a LOT just by skimming through, so here are some shots taken to test our my *knowledge*

Robert, love the black & white photograph, a beautiful photograph of your daughter!

Hosermage

Not sure how I feel about this shot... had a vague idea of what I wanted to achieve, but just can't realize it in PP.

DwF

Welcome!

Lovely photograph! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

. . . . . keep 'em coming.
Thank you Dan, I enjoyed looking at many of your Flickr images and while hard to single out any group, but I went right to see your Rolleiflex images and Volunteer Park! Very nice.

David

DwF

At Andrew's request to see 35mm 'cron Version 4 at f2. I usually shoot from f2-4 with the 35mm Summicron, but I haven't much to show at f2 from the M9 yet.

That said, here are three subjects that got in my cameras way the past two days...at f2. Regarding the second one, the poem inspired the photo :)

The third was a grab shot (DM) strolling the park toward the water.

David

PatrickCheung

Dear GetDPI Family (yes, family),

I've missed you all so very much. The past few weeks haven't been the same... it doesn't feel right not posting here. I finally got my laptop back from the repair shop. Apparently most of it was damaged... I pretty much have a new laptop now, just an old shell.

I'm way too far behind to comment on each and every post, but I can say that this thread puts a smile on my face every morning, as I scroll through the pages on my phone. I haven't been taking too many photos recently, though I just finished a few rolls of film today. Hopefully I'll have those scanned and uploaded soon :)

Here's what I've shot recently... I went downtown with a few friends... and it was my friend's birthday a few days ago.

:) I've missed you all so much. Not the best photos I've posted, but... I suppose I shall return humbly.

Reactions: iie

dude163

Love the shot of the 2 girls on the cell phones, why is she holding her stomach? did she just announce she is pregnant?

PatrickCheung

XD I have no clue what they just announced, but I was walking towards them, saw them hug, and knew something good would happen :p She doesn't look like the type to be pregnant at that age... but gas COULD be it! :p

dude163

At a pals house there was a ray of sunlight from the setting sun that went through 2 doors and a hallway and had this finely defined edge, so I got a pal of mine to stand in it. he was reluctant to be photographed, and wanted to take a shot of me.

So I asked him to stand there so I could get the camera setup, I took this shot , and handed the camera to him for 1 other shot. By then, the light was gone......

I took 2 of my hand to get the exposure correct and then took this one shot , we took a total of only 4 I converted this one to B+W to see if it looked better. I can post the colour one if you guys want to compare

Here is the colour version

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.