The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Others had passed this way before. Earlier..much earlier.

Only the stones remain to tell their story...

There are resting places for the Caravans that once plied the Silk Road, near here.

dude163

here is the shot my pal took of me , I gave him the camera and he just put it up to his eye and hit click , then the sunlight faded and was gone . I think I stood in the same place he did , so the focus *should* be correct , but I still like this pic of me

PatrickCheung

Rob, it almost feels like you took two entirely different photos... they both have very different feels. The B&W one is a little stronger, more classic. Though the colour one portrays the process that you described really well, taking the photo in fleeting light, having only a small beam of it lighting your subject. It would be interesting to see if either could be edited to find a balance between the two...

Gary, cool shots with a lot of depth :) The third one, the one with the branches, is my favourite :)

Rayyan, which part of the silk route were these shots taken in? The Silk Route is that extremely long trading route, right? Cool shots :)

I was scanning some film yesterday (as I'll be doing today), and wanted to try a new technique. I scanned them on my flatbed scanner without the film holder to get the film border. It's... kinda tacky. Though I just went with it. Don't think I'll be keeping this style, at least not with more serious shots. Scanning without the holder makes it hard to ensure that there is no dust on the negative or the glass... and that the negatives are in the right place of the scanning bed... the film also isn't in the optimal focal range of the scanner when it's lying flat on the scanning bed either, resulting in scans that COULD be sharper. It's just a huge hassle. Not that shots of Hillary aren't serious :) but these were just test shots for a new camera (which I promptly sold and promptly regretted selling).

These were shot with the FED 3 and Canon 50/1.8 Serenar

I accidentally opened the film back mid-roll, forgetting there was film in here. Kinda cool :)

ShiroKuro

I have no idea how ,what or why this bird came to be in the situation .... based on the surroundings I would say it was a hobby of some sort .... crazy **** ....
Had to laugh at the comments on my last image .... the old guy looking like a Yakuza dude ....... I'll post some images showing the what they were actually up to ....

One more week in Japan then back to Hawaii ; )

Last edited:

DwF

Stopping by here with coffee going definitely makes for a more pleasant experience than the morning paper!

Patrick, I am new here...welcome back! I have admired many of your photos on this thread. That image of the two girls is quite striking in spite of the fact that they are both compelling to look at. The capture is really spot on.

If I may, the technique of including film border is nice but the subjects deserve.need some space between them because it gets busy when they are atop one another as they are here.

Robert, I like the color version you made of your friend. That works really well.

Gary, The closeness and warm light in photos 1 and particularly 5 lens a nice observer feel to the images.

Rayvan, I like the landscape with stones. Any more from that locale.

Shirokuro, Excellent set (with man in hat). Those are fun!

David

PatrickCheung

Oh Charles! Quit wandering into dangerous places, like that Yakuza-run Child Sumo Wrestling Club, and that Japanese Bird Crucifixion Boutique! In all seriousness though, I'm glad you posted the sumo photos... it's nice to see the "yakuza man" smile like that! Has to be the favourite of my set. A very touching set :) The bird thing is a little messed up though... the photo's great... the hobby... kinda creepy. Taxidermist?

Thanks David :) I believe I saw a few of your works here too... I havent been looking much since I've been in Hong Kong for the past while... and lost my laptop to the repair centre upon my return home.

Mike, I completely agree... using a camera without a finder feels silly. At least he's not adopting the "Asian Tourist Father" pose. Butt out, back straight, squatting, arms out.

DwF

Here is one of several exposures I made Tuesday night at False Creek in Vancouver. It was raining pretty steady but I managed to hand-hold this one at 1/12th of a second stopping my lens down to f4.

rayyan

Rayvan those are nice. Where are they taken?
David
David, thanks. These are in Anatolia, Turkey. To your previous query, yes we have many pics from the region. I have to sort them out, once I get home.

My apologies for not responding to the other wonderful images by you all.

Lovely pics and variety from you all.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.