The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

Wow... david... 1/12 of a second... that's amazing. I actually have trouble getting shots at 1/60. I don't know if it's my hands, or my subjects, that are moving too much.

Still not digital, but I figured i'd share anyway...

Hillary and I like taking walks around Cambridge. We saw a couple sitting under a bridge one day and decided to go there on our next walk. It was kinda nice there... a lot of bugs though :( There's a little bit of graffiti down there, mostly words. Some tasteful, some not so much. Here's one that was really sweet. This was a few months ago :)

mAlKhamis

Great work every one !! It is indeed getting better and better :)

David, lovely warm silhouette !

DwF, excellent captures with the 35 cron !! don't you just love that lens !

Patrick, stunning street set, specially the third one with excited ladies with phones !!! well done !

Robert, lovely portrait!

Gary, stunning crisp shots! specially the first one !

Rayyan, Lovely shots, and the one with the fresh food made me really hungry !

Shiro, stunning set and i really love your B&W PP, well done !

Having fun with friends daughters, and kind of exploring the semi-cinematic PP, M9 + 50 cron

Little Sisters ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

A moment of love by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Mom ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Sleeping princesses ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

ShiroKuro

love the mistake at the word "tear" ... makes the flow of reading the words stop on the word "tear" .... from the wall the words look to be crying tears of blue the way the paint is running .. forming the words ....
Makes me want to write poetry ; )
The blues crying out from a cold stone wall , a promise to you .. a challenge for me

m_driscoll

Rob, it almost feels like you took two entirely different photos... they both have very different feels. The B&W one is a little stronger, more classic. Though the colour one portrays the process that you described really well, taking the photo in fleeting light, having only a small beam of it lighting your subject. It would be interesting to see if either could be edited to find a balance between the two...

Gary, cool shots with a lot of depth :) The third one, the one with the branches, is my favourite :)

Rayyan, which part of the silk route were these shots taken in? The Silk Route is that extremely long trading route, right? Cool shots :)

I was scanning some film yesterday (as I'll be doing today), and wanted to try a new technique. I scanned them on my flatbed scanner without the film holder to get the film border. It's... kinda tacky. Though I just went with it. Don't think I'll be keeping this style, at least not with more serious shots. Scanning without the holder makes it hard to ensure that there is no dust on the negative or the glass... and that the negatives are in the right place of the scanning bed... the film also isn't in the optimal focal range of the scanner when it's lying flat on the scanning bed either, resulting in scans that COULD be sharper. It's just a huge hassle. Not that shots of Hillary aren't serious :) but these were just test shots for a new camera (which I promptly sold and promptly regretted selling).

These were shot with the FED 3 and Canon 50/1.8 Serenar

I accidentally opened the film back mid-roll, forgetting there was film in here. Kinda cool :)
Patrick: I like the 'rawness' of this technique. :salute:
Hillary: You're actually drafting something by hand with a mayline and triangle? :D

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

G

gplatt

I've been enjoying this thread and the wonderful images.

A couple from today with M9 and Hexanon 1.2/60mm @ f1.2

sjg284

hillary.hc.chang

hi everyone! long time no post :p i've been shooting with film recently so i don't have any new photos to share (at least any that i'm proud of… been having some technical issues with keeping and storing the photos i've taken).. so i'm just here to compliment the amazing work i've missed :)

Rob: i like the black and white version better personally.. i have a thing for dramatic b&ws xD
Shiro: really nice set :) i love the narrative you've showed us. not what you'd expect after seeing the first photo :D
Mike: your sense of humour is hilarious xD the asian dad pose! i see it often when i shoot with Patrick haha
DwF: love the vancouver shot! best city in the world right xD (aka my hometown)
Mohammad: the sleeping princesses are adorable :) but i love the definition of the girls' eyes in the first shot!
Matt: yes i was hand drafting our final project at my studio desk :D personally i can't stand computer drafting.. but i guess i'll have to get used to it :p
Steve: love the framing of the group through the right-hand-side arch.. what are they doing though xD

CharlesK

Andrew, thank you:)
Patrick, love that set of shots downtown! Very nice! I really like the film like framing of the shots too:)
Gary, very nice set:)
Downstairs, beautiful still life:)
Rayyan, lovely captures! Loving the layout of the food fest:)
Charles, great sequence of shots! Love the humour here:thumbup:
Mike, great street capture:)
Mohammad, stunning portraits, and love the PP'ing:thumbs:
gplatt, very dream like rendered portrait!
Steve, excellent captured composition!!!

Shots from a portrait shoot yesterday. M9 50/75 Lux

Last edited:

Hosermage

Wow, I'm gone for a weekend and so much great shots have been posted!

After receiving the 50lux, I noticed I'm missing critical focus a lot more. Saw a thread in LUF (M9 - coincidence at infinity - Leica User Forum) on adjusting focus myself and gave it a try. Now reviewing my shots from the weekend and I'm proud to say that the problem is solved. Now on to photos (of not my son for once)...

And a non-human shot as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.