The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Apparently, there is at least one thing that Trolls fear.

M8, 35 Cron - Akureyri, Iceland
We hiked out along the south side of the glacier as far as we could safely go. Here's Mimi high on the hillside above the glacier:

Standing on an iceberg in the glacial lagoon, with a large ice arch in the background:
Lloyd, seems you guys had a wonderful time. The entire set of pics is deliciously enticing for me, at least, to visit the country.

The images are superbly crafted and presented.:clap:

Regards to you both.

rayyan

The distinctive style and grandeur of the great Ottoman mosques, and the master architect Mimar Koca Sinan. Though his greatest design is found not in Istanbul but his home town of Edirne. And the Selimiye Mosque.He was the greatest of the Ottoman architects.

Lloyd

The distinctive style and grandeur of the great Ottoman mosques, and the master architect Mimar Koca Sinan. Though his greatest design is found not in Istanbul but his home town of Edirne. And the Selimiye Mosque.He was the greatest of the Ottoman architects.
Great shot of a stunning structure. I can't imagine how they built it, but less designed it!

Back home with wonderful memories.
Wonderful, warm color. Very inviting. Looks like a great trip, so "wonderful memories" to be sure. I'd love to visit Turkey one day.

Lloyd

Lloyd, seems you guys had a wonderful time. The entire set of pics is deliciously enticing for me, at least, to visit the country.

The images are superbly crafted and presented.:clap:

Regards to you both.
We did indeed. I would love to go back again, preferably when there are not 24/hours per day of daylight, as I'd love to see the Aurora Borealis. Thanks for your kind words. Very much appreciated. Best to you and Ayesha.

Hosermage

Remember the default desktop image of windows XP? Is that a picture of Palouse? Looks so similar.

Lloyd, the picture of the church made me want a super wide lens, even though I've been telling myself that I don't :p

Wonderful travel pictures by everyone... while I'm just shooting around the block :D

m_driscoll

One of the coolest things I saw in Iceland wasn't the scenery, but rather an photography exhibition in a very unexpected place. On the moraine of the Hoffellsjökull glacier, miles from any town, or even a highway, and high above the glacier lagoon, out among the rocks and in the weather, an Icelandic photographer, SIGURÐUR MAR HALLDÓRSSON, had placed a gallery of some of his work. He called the exhibit "Manneskjan go Ísinn" (The Human and the Ice). Here is a link to the photos in the exhibit: hoffell

We saw a couple of the photos when we first arrived, but thought that someone had just tossed them out on the moraine. Then we saw this sign:

The images are about 16x20, or maybe a little larger, are mounted on blocks of concrete (movable, but with no small effort.), and have a waterproof coating of some sort. Here you can see four of them along the glacier-side of the moraine. What a great idea!
Lloyd: He'd be arrested here! :D Great photos, his, and yours. Thanks for sharing this. Did you see the 'rainbow' photo on his website (myndasafn)? :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

hillary.hc.chang

unbelievably behind again.. but amazing work everyone :D it's always so inspiring and humbling to keep track of this thread and post my work next to everyone else's. i've been shooting more film recently but i just havent gotten around to getting it all developed :O i've been lacking photos to process and it made me antsy.. so i took my r-d1 out today with patrick's CV28/3.5 :)

Lloyd

Lloyd: He'd be arrested here! :D Great photos, his, and yours. Thanks for sharing this. Did you see the 'rainbow' photo on his website (myndasafn)? :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
I agree, Matt. Trouble in River City here. Although I will say I'm tempted to give it a try.

I did see that, very nice. I also discovered that he has another gallery out in nature... on a black sand beach. Here's the link: Myndasafn

Lloyd

Remember the default desktop image of windows XP? Is that a picture of Palouse? Looks so similar.

Lloyd, the picture of the church made me want a super wide lens, even though I've been telling myself that I don't :p
Don't think I've ever seen that desktop, Mac guy here.

I'd love to see what work you'd do with a super wide lens, excellent, I'm sure.

Amazing image, BTW, love the tiny point of sharp focus. :salute:

PatrickCheung

Rayyan, that photo was taken back at your home? Your home town seems to be a lovely place...

David, now that you mention it... it kinda does look like the XP background haha!

Hillary you better be enjoying that 28 >:C

Gary, nice set... I especially like the Mickey Mouse one and the one of the window... and I agree with lloyd... a very very nice way to end it! I also love you very much, Hillary Chang, and only have eyes for you!

dude163

Been a busy week with graduation ceremonies and summer vacation etc , I took a lot of shots ( well 300 or so) and I am slowly working my way through em

Canon Serenar 85/2

Leitz Rigid Summicron 50/2

And my late 60s Jupiter 8 that was my fathers lens , it combined with my M8 take fantastic B+W's! forget the APO cron 50 , get a Jupiter 8 :)

A rare shot of both kids NOT jumping or running faster than I can focus

and my youngest trying to get horizontal on the swings

Hope you all have a good weekend and take some great shots.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.