The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

Ahhh, you go away to play for a few days and this thread gets filled with too many wonderful images to count! I've placed a few likes on the ones I... like.

Just4Fun, you've got some very impressive introductory shots :) That Eiffel Tower one is amazing! And your first set was too!

f1,0, your panoramas are pretty cool... so much detail! I've always envied people who can make good panoramas.

Lloyd, that blue ice is beautiful... now if only you could teach me how to pronounce Jökulsárlón

David, great shots of your son :) I have a friend who won't let me take a photo of her without making a silly face... :p it's not only children who do that!

I don't have much to contribute this time around... I spent the weekend out either in extremely overcrowded places... or in bad weather. I spent the last few days playing Max Payne 3 (the first two were games from my childhood... if... anyone plays video games here, be sure to pick this up... great narrative and style).

There was an asian food festival thing at the local asian mall on saturday. I went with a few friends from high school, but we barely did anything, which sucked. :\ the guys of the group just kept trying to get each other to do silly things to strangers, but nobody actually had the guts to do it, so we just sat and watched them slap each other around. My other friends kept trying to get them to actually walk around the festival, but that was rather unsuccessful. I got a few shots, but nothing great...

My favourite shot of the night has to be of this couple. The man looked so happy with his balloon :) I saw them in the distance and knew I needed a shot of them, so I shoved my friends aside and snapped a photo. Proved to be rather difficult with so many people in the crowd, but I'm glad I got this one.

I enjoyed my sunday a lot more :) Hung out with university friends. We were celebrating Wesley's birthday (which passed a week ago). There's a board game cafe in Toronto called Snakes and Lattes, we hung out there for a bit, playing endless rounds of Time's Up (kind of like Taboo... but better) and Cards Against Humanity (hilariously inappropriate game), which was alot of fun. I forgot how great board games were! We met up with a few more friends, grabbed dinner at a wings restaurant, and roamed around Toronto for a bit :) Sometime after dinner, though, my Yashica GSN got a little jealous of the M8, hopped over to it's bag compartment, and gave it a good beating... leaving a nasty 1.5inch long crack on the screen, a few bruises on the top plate, and scratches on the plastic buttons.

I saw a man wearing a cool hat, playing a music box across the street. I asked him for his photo. I saw that he had a donation basket with nothing more than a few coins, a bus ticket, and a bus pass in it... so I gave him $5. He deserved it for the cool hat and music box.

And... a shot from my cell phone. This is my M8 :( The damage doesn't look so bad in the photos... its worse in person.

Mike Woods

I like this a lot. Seems a much older image than it actually is, if that makes sense :thumb up:

Jökulsárlón (Glacier Lagoon). The weather was dreary, and the resulting light very flat and uninteresting, but the blue ice of the icebergs was amazing. Vatnajökull National Park, southern Iceland.

M8, 28 Cron:
Beautiful Lloyd!

Ash, great set - I can't pick a favourite lol.

Very nice images! The first one above has a touch of HC-B about it.

Mike

Godfrey

Ahhh, you go away to play for a few days and this thread gets filled with too many wonderful images to count! ...
I know what you mean. I haven't the time to keep up anymore. Busy as all heck here. I've simply had no time to be out and about shooting in the past couple of months. :-(

I don't have much to contribute this time around... I spent the weekend out either in extremely overcrowded places... or in bad weather. ...

I saw a man wearing a cool hat, playing a music box across the street. I asked him for his photo. I saw that he had a donation basket with nothing more than a few coins, a bus ticket, and a bus pass in it... so I gave him $5. He deserved it for the cool hat and music box.

Like all your photos, Patrick, but this one is special. I'd love a print of it.

The damage to your M8 doesn't look too bad, thankfully. "Stuff happens to gear that gets used." Fix and keep going. :)

Lloyd

Patrick: Nice set. Looks like you're having fun. And I'll teach you how to pronounce Jökulsárlón, if you teach me Cantonese. ;) Actually it's roughly "Yer-cools-are-loan".

Mike: Much appreciated!

rayyan

Along the silk route one finds the rest-houses of old. Built by the town and its businessmen.

Caravans stopping for the night with their goods meant business!! They were
lodged for free.

Nowadays some have been converted for travelers like my kids and me!!

Inside one of the caravan ' Saray'.

rayyan

Simple places. Simple people, but what wonderful hospitality; as I have said before..come as a tourist, leave as a friend. We felt we were leaving our family!

The lay of the land is on an incline!!

just4fun

Ahhh, you go away to play for a few days and this thread gets filled with too many wonderful images to count! I've placed a few likes on the ones I... like.

Just4Fun, you've got some very impressive introductory shots :) That Eiffel Tower one is amazing! And your first set was too!
Thanks Patrick for a kind words! I love your pictures too, especially the Kodak GC400 set, I love the look and color!
I am posting a picture that I took a year ago, very dark place, but the result is brighter than real life, it was a NOC F1 and shot with F1, ISO800. Gotta love the Noc Bokeh!!!

Have a nice day everyone!
Sonny

Lloyd

Simple places. Simple people, but what wonderful hospitality; as I have said before..come as a tourist, leave as a friend. We felt we were leaving our family!

The lay of the land is on an incline!!
Rayyan, this and the other shot from the rest-house are wonderful. And I appreciated your experience. We had similar experiences at some guest houses we stayed in while in Iceland. Beats any 5-star hotel in the world.

Lloyd

Thanks Patrick for a kind words! I love your pictures too, especially the Kodak GC400 set, I love the look and color!
I am posting a picture that I took a year ago, very dark place, but the result is brighter than real life, it was a NOC F1 and shot with F1, ISO800. Gotta love the Noc Bokeh!!!

Have a nice day everyone!
Sonny
Sonny, now that's a beauty! Very nice photo too. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.