The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

Wow... I'm horribly behind! The past few days have been hectic for me!

I spent most of last week packing and preparing for my trip to Vancouver. When I wasn't packing, I was saying goodbye to all my friends. It was a nice couple of days... sorta. A bunch of issues came up, friends who don't get along, girls who confessed their feelings to me, mistakes that my inebriated self made... though I wouldn't want to leave in any other way. It leaves room for improvement, room for a "sequel" :)

I've been in Vancouver for 3 full days now (Today's my fourth) and every day is just jam packed with activities! I rarely get time to check my laptop.. so I haven't even touched the photos I've taken in Vancouver yet. The city is beautiful! There are mountains everywhere you look, the buildings are nicely designed, the roads are filled with splashes of greenery. It's all very different from Toronto. People are a lot more laid back here... no one is in a rush, the traffic isn't hell, people are friendly. Even the air seems a little clearer here! If you can't tell, I'm really enjoying it here!

I've met most of Hillary's family already... they're pretty cool! Just hope that they like me!

I'll update later with photos... if I get the chance to! Hope you all are doing well. I'll catch up when I have the time to!

One last thing: Hillary and I might be in Seattle this weekend... if any of you Seattle members want to meet up! Just pop us a PM... or maybe we'll PM you... whatever works!

woodyspedden

As much as I "tried" to simplify with 28,50,90 combo ... I really missed the cron 35. Was able to get another one just in time for a trip to KL.

Ever feel that everyone's watching you?

One of the best parts of traveling is all the fresh fruit:

Slightly different from the shopping aisle at my local grocery:

A little bit of respite amongst the hustle in the market:

Was unsure if the above is better in B&W:
I took a shot at this using Silver Efex Pro 2 and used some control points as well as global adjustments. Hope you find it at least interesting

Woody Spedden

Global Nomad

Lloyd and Woody,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Woody, special thanks for running the photo through the software ... definitely looks better.

This is my first time with LR and still figuring it out.

Thanks again everyone!

Alejandro

I took a shot at this using Silver Efex Pro 2 and used some control points as well as global adjustments. Hope you find it at least interesting

Woody Spedden

dude163

How to get in trouble on a swing ride, starring me :)

and one that I liked but that wasnt technically *perfect* but it sums up how much fun we had and what being a kid is all about :)

after trying to focus a M mount camera during that ride Ill never complain about following my kids on the ground again!

Status
Not open for further replies.