The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

Rayyan, your photos of Morocco are always so nice :)

Robert, those swing ides were my favourite when I was small. They're not as extreme as they used to be now that I'm older... such a shame.

Mohammed, you always catch the most interesting characters :p It'd be fun to shoot with you one day! Good work

Vancouver is a nice city :) Everything's so close... going downtown only takes 20 minutes by car, maybe 30-45 by bus, where as in Toronto it would take at least an hour. There are no packets of suburban houses, the services, stores, and parks are meshed together with the residential areas so you don't get bored of being stuck in the "suburbs".

A few photos from my first few days here. You pretty much see mountains or water everywhere you go here... it's so beautiful.

One of my favourite photos of Hillary :p Silly smile!

A bad panorama from the Granville St. viewpoint downtown

We spent our Saturday at the Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park, a huge, multi-block wide park that borders the ocean (I think... I just assume every big body of water here is ocean). It has multiple beaches, playgrounds, water parks, trails, and services/attractions. It'd be nice to rent a tandem bike and bike around the park someday!

Anyway, the Aquarium was pretty cool! There's no aquarium in Toronto, and I love fish (animals in general, actually), so I was pretty excited! Leica M cameras don't seem to handle low light situations and close-up subjects too well, so I didn't take too many photos in the aquarium... but I got a few in Stanley Park!

:) I think my favourite part of being in Vancouver is being able to see Hillary again, as cheesy as that sounds. After being away from her for two months, I was expecting things to be a little awkward... but it seems like we're back in full swing, no awkwardness at all. It's like we hit a pause button... left the machine on for two months, and pressed play again. It's really nice :) It feels good being able to spend your days with someone you love. I miss the small things the most, holding her hand, waking up to her smelly breath and messy hair, having her head on my shoulder when she's tired.

Her family is really nice and welcoming too! Her dog, Buttons, was a little skeptical at first, but we seem to get along fine now. Her parents are friendly and joyful, and her sister has been more than kind to us. The next two months are looking good :)

algrove

@Mohammed-Would very much like to know where you metered on the Holy Pope? Speed, f stop, ISO, WB setting. Did you use Auto-the red A? Thanks.

The rendering is adjust marvelous. Lots of PP? LR or PS?

mAlKhamis

Rayyan, Lloyd, Gary, Patrick, thank you so much for the kind words, glad you liked them ! cheers my friend !

Gary, I love the second reflection shot, from your set, well done !

Patrick, i would be honored if i had the chance to shoot out with you sometime, let me know if you were around in San Francisco :) Lovely shots for Hillary, she looks great ! and i truly liked hilary's shot for the building, perfect angle !!! well done !

Hi Algrove, glad you liked the shot, i metered the guys face under the shadow area, the capture setting is f/4.8, 1/750, iso160, i used PS CS 6 and Niks filters, and it only took me 15 min to PP the image, so i don't know if time counts in PP ;-) cheers!

PatrickCheung

Thanks Gary :p Very nice moments indeed... though I also missed a lot of cute moments with her. It's hard balancing holding her hand and holding the camera ;) (welcome to the cheese store, I've got a wide selection of cheesy goods!) Yes, Rob was right, 50/2 Summitar and a Voigtlander 28/3.5 Color Skopar! The cool bokeh is probably from the Summitar... Charles (ShiroKuro) on this forum suggested I get the lens... I've wanted one since I owned a Leica, so I decided to take the plunge... couldn't be happier!

Lloyd, thanks as always :) Hillary IS looking quite lovely isn't she?

Moh, I hope to take a co-op term (4 months) in San Fran sometime... I've always wanted to visit! Haha, I took those shots! Thank you :p The building one, I was kind of unsure about!

rayyan

Patrick, a wonderfully happy set of images. I enjoy your pictures and can feel the joy which your photography brings to you both.

MY best wishes to you both.

p.s Vancouver, B.C., is indeed a beautiful city.

rayyan

During our recent trip, there was a very important family traveler with us. I have been told that I forgot to include the very small family member!!

Been with us for over four years. Appropriately nicknamed ' Teddy '.

Godfrey

Mine are now very curious ...

Leica M9 + Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.5

That's Horace, Ivan, Chekov, and Ludmilla.
I don't know how appropriate the names are ... They told them to me!

;-)

hillary.hc.chang

long time no post! simultaneous posting with Patrick (finally after two months of being apart, this is what we do together) xD he's already posted what we've done together... here's my point of view :)
beautiful work from everyone here too :D i haven't checked this thread for so long... but it still moves as fast as always!

PatrickCheung

We went to the Night Market in Richmond (a little south of Vancouver, BC) yesterday night. Night Markets here specialize in asian food and goods. They're much better than the night markets in Toronto! This one had almost twice the amount of food, three times a many vendors, in an area maybe three times less dense than the ones in Toronto. Hillary and I stocked up on a bunch of skewers, squid tentacles, and this thing they call a "rotato", basically a deep fried potato cut in such a way that it makes one long spiral.

This stall sold japanese food, these two girls had a chant they would say in union to draw customers over :p

Hillary's father eating buns on a skewer

Hillary's sister buying cheap phone cases :p

Status
Not open for further replies.