The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude163

lots of great pics the last few days! wow!

here is something I found interesting, a shot of Me taken in 1970 (?) with my dads Zorki 4 and a Jupiter 8 50mm lens

and here is a shot on my birthday last week of my 5 year old with my Leica M8 , .....and the same KMZ Jupiter 8!

I was going to make a photoshop of them side by side, but this is fine I think

dude163

And to complete the circle, my father with the same combo

and a photo of me taken by my dad :) he absolutely nailed the focus too!

PatrickCheung

Ashwin, those shots are all pretty amazing :p The second photo made me laugh as well! The one with the boys and the dog was pretty cute as well... the boy kinda matches the dog :p Some of those photos turned out so... 3D, like the second shot, the shot of the man in the Supreme hat in the middle of the street (didn't think Supreme stuff would spread to france) and the one of the man playing guitar, what lens were they taken with? So cool :p

Michael, beautiful photos and wonderful processing :) Looks like you had a good time!

Rob, cute photos... I think it's really great that you're now using your dad's old lens. My dad passed down a camera to me once... though we ended up selling it for my very first film camera. In some ways he got me started on the film game... and thus got me into rangefinder photography... but it's no where near the same as what you experienced with your dad and his lens! By the way, Hillary and I think you kinda look like the new Spiderman. We were watching it when we noticed he kinda looks like a younger version of you :p

A few shots from the weekend... I have more on film, but I need to get that developed :p

Hillary bought a little Chewbacca plushie that makes Chewie noises when you poke it's belly :p I think she loves it more than she loves me

Lloyd

NIce pix, Patrick. What kind of noises do you make when she pokes your belly? Maybe that's the problem. ;)

MichaelM6

Ashwin - inspiring stuff. Truly! Patrick - I always always enjoy your photos...so much good stuff in this forum.

I've got a couple more from the trip this weekend to share!

A little more contrasty (a lot more, actually) than my typical BW conversions, but I kind of like it here..

Chesepeake by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

my lady relaxing on the boat...the hexagonal bokeh is kind of interesting!

Untitled by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

m_driscoll

Everyone: Always a pleasure to scroll through this thread! :thumbs:

An odd assortment of images:

M9; 21mm f/3.4; 1/250s; ISO 160

M9; 75mm f/2; 1/4000s; ISO 160

M9; 75mm f/2; 1/180s; ISO 160

M9; 75mm f/2; 1/250s; ISO 160

M9; 90mm f/2.5; 1/1000s; ISO 160

M9; 90mm f/2.5; 1/250s; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Lloyd

Michael: Very nice work. I think I prefer the second type of b/w processing. BTW, what hexagonal bokeh? I never made it past the distracting foreground. :D

Matt: Great to have you post here again. Excellent set. I love the motorcycle shot. (Nice SP, btw.)

Rayyan: I really like the feel of that shot. Great catch.

PatrickCheung

Lloyd, that must be the problem! I do believe I make the same sounds as chewie when she pokes my belly though... I'm incredibly ticklish. She usually wakes me up by tickling me... 'cause I won't get up any other way :p

Michael, your photos make me wanna put my summitar to use... I'll be sure to mount that the next time I go out :p Though I don't get along with the focal length... 28 and I are better friends :p

Great photo Rayyan :p I always try to get minimalist portraits like that... but I can't ever seem to do it... guess I gotta keep trying!

Downstairs, I love the work you do with your M9... You've got an eye for composition that I wish I had, and a knack for editing these photos to perfection :p Looking forward to more!

A roll from last week... we took a trip down to Granville Island, Hillary's favourite spot in Vancouver! There were a few buskers there that moved around the island and performed at different designated spots throughout the day. There was also a market which sold lots of fresh foods and handmade items. We bought a few pounds of fudge and brought it home for her family :) The docks were my favourite bit of the island though. We bought a small little lunch at the market and brought it out to the docks facing the Downtown skyline... it was really relaxing :p

Hillary's dog, Buttons :p

Status
Not open for further replies.