The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryAyala

So many damn good photos in this thread. Hey, if I purchased a Leica M could I get my images to look as good as the ones in this thread?

Gary

mAlKhamis

Ashwin, Stunning mastery set from Paris as usual, i truly enjoyed, welcome back home and cheers my friend !

Michael, truly amazing work ! well done !

Robert, lovely sets , good job my friend !

Matt, excellent set, i truly like the third one !

Rayyan, this just stunning capture, amazing composition and PP

downstairs and esmallits, beautifully composed images, well done !

Patrick, lovely couple of sets, i do prefer the first one thu, good job my friend ! cheers!

More from San Francisco pride parade with M9 and the amazing 50 cron !

In true need ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Spin and Spin by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Yay ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

DANCE ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

rayyan

Jorgen, Lloyd, Mohammed, Ashwin, Taylor, Patrick...
Guys, thank you very much.

Mohammed, another lovely set!

Best regards.

mAlKhamis;436145 More from San Francisco pride parade with M9 and the amazing 50 cron ! [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/m_alkhamis/7595071576/ said:
[/url]
Yay ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

PatrickCheung

Great photos as always Moh :) That last photo made me laugh.. but scared me a little at the same time!

Michael, amazing photo :) it's got such a warm feel to it!

Heres a little bit of good and bad news...

Bad news... my 50/2 Summitar seems to be dying on me. It doesnt seem to be focusing properly all the time (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt... but I know 100% that I'm focusing right). I guess that's what I get for buying a garbage-condition lens. I'm starting my hunt for a replacement 50... with my eyes on a 50/2.8 elmar :)

Good news... sort of... is that if someone's looking for a beater 50, I have no use for it anymore... I don't really know what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'm most likely going to put it up in the classifieds for a low low price once I find a good replacement 50. When it feels like focusing, the lens makes beautiful images. It should hold up fine as long as you don't collapse it. If you're inclined to fixing lenses... you might be able to restore it :)

I'll come to a decision soon, but I figured I'll let you guys know first. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should to with it, or a deal on a 50mm... I wouldnt mind a nice little PM :)

m_driscoll

Lloyd

downstairs: Magic still life... as always.

esmallits: Very interesting shot. Thanks for sharing.

Patrick: Fun set. Cute dog.

animefx: Love the color and contrast.

Mohammad: More street magic. Love your work.

GaryAyala

Hey peoples, If I were to purchase a 'M' series, which M has the greatest value (not necessarily the best M but the one that delivers the most punch for the buck...?)

Gary

Lloyd

Hey peoples, If I were to purchase a 'M' series, which M has the greatest value (not necessarily the best M but the one that delivers the most punch for the buck...?)

Gary
Hi Gary. In my answer I'll assume you're talking about the digital M, and say that while the M8 is a fine camera, and can be had for reasonable prices these days, it is also a little fiddly, in that you need UV/IR filters on the lenses for most things, it is not full frame, and only 10 megapixel, which these days is smallish.etc. Still, I've had three of them, and still have one. I like it particularly for black and white, but it is an all around fine camera. I recently spent 10 days in Iceland, and the M8 was the only camera I took with me.

Rumor has it that there may be something new on the horizon in the digital M line, and it will be interesting, but even with that possibility, and despite the fine qualities of the M8, I think that if I could only have one camera, the M9 is really the one I would want.

In the film Ms, I love the M6, but have long been tempted by the M7 and the latest MP.

Don't know if this helps. Good luck.

GaryAyala

Hi Gary. In my answer I'll assume you're talking about the digital M, and say that while the M8 is a fine camera, and can be had for reasonable prices these days, it is also a little fiddly, in that you need UV/IR filters on the lenses for most things, it is not full frame, and only 10 megapixel, which these days is smallish.etc. Still, I've had three of them, and still have one. I like it particularly for black and white, but it is an all around fine camera. I recently spent 10 days in Iceland, and the M8 was the only camera I took with me.

Rumor has it that there may be something new on the horizon in the digital M line, and it will be interesting, but even with that possibility, and despite the fine qualities of the M8, I think that if I could only have one camera, the M9 is really the one I would want.

In the film Ms, I love the M6, but have long been tempted by the M7 and the latest MP.

Don't know if this helps. Good luck.
Thanks Lloyd, I was wondering about the difference between the 8 and the 9. I prefer the ease of digital over the romance of film.

Gary

Lloyd

MIchael: Fun pix. It is tough duty for sure. (Almost as much so as raising them! :D)

Rie: Cute kiddo!! Thanks for sharing. Love the way that 35 FLE renders too.

Status
Not open for further replies.