The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rie

Beautiful sets everyone!!

Today i followed a friend of mine realising a dream of his, to be a pilot.

PatrickCheung

Dennys, very cool shots! I'm looking forward to seeing more! I also noticed your watermark changed languages... how do you decide?!

Matt, you love Pike Place, don't you? :p Seems like a cool place. My girlfriend says it's awesome... We'll take a trip there soon!

Jim, that shot is amazing... it's almost as if the place should remain in black and white.

Rie, my friends are studying to become pilots too... they're twins :p Hoping to be each other's co-pilot. I can't become a pilot 'cause I'm colour blind... but it seems like a cool dream to achieve, from what I hear from my friends! Best of luck to him :)

It appears flickr is having some trouble with my photos... I tried to fix the broken links... but they won't seem to appear on this forum :\ Appologies for the ugly missing photos...

D

dennysytangco

Patrick, yeah I changed my watermark once a year, it's my name in different Languages.

PatrickCheung

:) Pretty cool... wish I knew how to write my name in chinese...

Shot another test roll to test for focusing accuracy on the Olympus Mju-ii today. It seems like either the lens isn't the sharpest, or the camera is having trouble focusing. It seems like the "inferior" Mju-ii Zoom-80 has a sharper, more accurate (but slower) focus. If only it didn't have an f4.5 lens...

The Mju-ii produces some pretty impressive photos if it can find focus and is put under the right light. It also has a cool panorama feature too, which pulls up a film mask, masking off 2/3 of the frame! I suppose I'll pick up some better film and shoot another roll with it. Maybe it's just 'cause my copy is a little dodgy. The previous owner used it for snowboarding photography...

Andrew Gough

P131

Thank you everybody for the kind comments about my Yu Yu garden images, I have a few more coming.

Mohammad image #3 of the tree young girls is super! The last one of the old man sleeping is great capture.

P132

Ashwin, Paris, what can I say its the city of light... Lots of interesting shots!

Michael I like the images of the young woman, they have a very 70's feel to them , super processing!

You have to have guts to do a baby shoot!

Robert Cool images through time!

Patrick I like image number 1 of Hilary in your first set, nice capture - cute dimples too!

In your second set, I like #2 of the man playing the musical instrument.

Matt You ahve an eye for the important things in life! Is that a BSA motorcycle?

Mohammad Another nice set!

Bruno Dad looks like he's very comfortable!

mAlKhamis

Patrick, thanks man i really appreciate it :), usually in SF's parades or festivals, you don't have to ask, people just pose for you automatically :p lucky me !

Matt, thank you so much for the kind words ! i wish i have time for it ! the delimma of being a PhD student is really killing me :/ i guess science wins over arts during these days ! and nice set from the Pike place market

denny, beautiful B&W shots !

Andrew, thanks for the kind words, and i like your stunning set from Shanghai ! nice job !

dude163

Been a while since I posted some stuff as Ive been busy doing summer stuff , here are a few from our quick trip to Prince Edward Island , more to follow

I loved the sunrays behind the clouds here:

And a shot of my youngest looking for seals and birds ( yes PEI really has red sand!)

PatrickCheung

:( rest in peace, Abby.

Rob, very nice, the one of the waves is pretty cool... how'd you get such shallow depth of field? And the last shot of your daughter is very cute :p Hope you had fun!

Dennys... La Sagrada Familia is pretty cool... I believe Gaudi is buried under it. Very nice photo :)

Not quite an M.. but it IS Leica Digital! Traded off my busted Summitar (Sorry rob :C) for a Digilux 1 today :)

Very noisy shots... but I love it, a very raw feel to it.

Last edited:

dude163

Traded the Summitar for a Digilux1 , *sniff* good call!

re: DoF I set the camera for f2, and about 1.2 metres focus, just off minimum distance and crouched down really low to the water ( checking to make sure no big waves were following!)

Status
Not open for further replies.