The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Re: Graffiti Defaced Defaced

Time for new directions and new thoughts in my photos. The book is done, the book signing and reception is next Thursday! Woo hoo!

Leica M9 + CV Color Skopar 35mm f/2.5

thanks for looking. comments always appreciated.

Godfrey - godfreydigiorgi's posterous - photos and other curiosities

Announcing Ways Together .. my new photo book!
See it on Blurb at Member Profile: GDGPhoto | Blurb

Come to the reception and book-signing:
ModernBook Gallery
49 Geary Ave, San Francisco, CA
August 2nd, 5:30-7:30 pm
Godfrey, lovely offering. Best wishes.:thumbs:

dude163

I took some shots for a family of a coworker last week , what do you all think?

and a candid of my coworkers wife

dude163

this woman is 6 months pregnant :)

so are the other 2 , long winters up here apparently ;)

they almost dropped their brother , 7 kids, 6 girls and 1 boy ( who is the youngest btw , the dad says once they got a boy they would stop having kids)

and I also shot a few of one of the couples , kind of an ad hoc deal as he was unshaven and dressed in shorts and a dirty T shirt, but I did the best I could

if anyone has any advice/comments/critiques feel free to , I normally am quite confident during PP , but thats because I normally dont get paid so now I'm being overly paranoid as I dont want to deliver mediocre stuff

Hosermage

Hey Rob, I like the one with 7 kids on the beach. Excellent sharpness on everyone's face and the background has a nice blur and tone. Nicely timed moment!

mAlKhamis

Mike, Thanks buddy, glad you liked it ! cheers!

rayyan, more lovely work, really liked the last one !

Rob, Beautiful set, for a really beautiful family, well done !

Hosermage

Getting a bit restless at home... so went out to backyard to do some photo hunting... I should really get out more :p

Tried out iso 1600 tonight... I think it's ok, for web, and my focus skill is a whole different problem :D

CharlesK

Great work everyone.

It's once again been a bit since I have posted, and the thread keeps humming along!
+1

Ashwin, wow.. great set from Paris!!!
Matt, always great to see your shots! Glad you are back with the M9:D
Rayyan, excellent shots, particularly the last shot! This really captures the moment:)
Mohammad, great series of shots! Love your PP'ing:)
Andrew, love your series from China!!
Patrick, interesting shots and perspectives:)
Robert, lovely captures of your friends family:)

Shots from yesterday afternoon, portrait shoot in Brisbane streets with the 50 Nocti:)
If I have missed anyone, I do apoligise:)

dude163

Charles, wow!

great set , now I need, er want a noctilux :p

thanks for the comments on my shots all, cheers

Robert

PatrickCheung

In a rush... going to Seattle for the weekend in less than half an hour... BUT ONE LAST POST!

Hillary and I went to an interview with an architect (well two architects) yesterday. Their work was fantastic, surprising coming from a two-man (well, one man one woman) team! They were friendly, relaxed, and welcoming. They shared a little with us and we with them. In the end we ended up sort of landing a position helping them out around the office, doing the smaller tasks they haven't had time to do yet. It's nice being able to help while learning a little from them! Hope it lasts :p If anyone is interested in their work... their site is here:

mcleod | bovell

After the interview/work session, we celebrated Hillary's birthday with a few friends who couldn't make it out on her actual birthday. Mariah and Alfred are a cute couple :) They took us to a small party after, in which Alfred engaged in a small "rap battle" which was... kind of really good, and kinda silly. Alfred is surprisingly good at... rap.

dude163

Dude, by my count, there are only two men in your photos, yet there are three pregnant women running around. Am I missing something?
hahaha

I hope so unless they need to go on Jerry Springer as the 2 guys are the Father and the Brother :)

Mom + dad and their 7 children! I wasnt joking when I said he wanted to have kids til he had a boy , too bad Matt was kid #7!

Hosermage

The 25mm Biogon was delivered today... Took a few quick shots to make sure it works. Boy, was it sharp. The second image is the crop of the first one showing the top of the tree. The only thing I can complain about the lens is related to the frameline and lens profile. I read that it is best coded as 28mm Elmarit ASPH, but since it brings up the 35mm frameline, the camera will not recognize it. I would have to remember to flip the frameline toggle to 28mm in order for it to register. Then, since Lightroom doesn't allow you to modify the EXIF data easily, that screws up my automatic image border :(
Anyway, the real 28mm Elmarit ASPH is also on its way, so I'll shoot with both for a while and make a decision later. Knowing how lazy I am, the future looks grim for the Biogon, unless it really knocks me off my feet.

No PP:

Crop:

It's gonna be hard to get use to this wide field of view... It's pretty much the entire VF.

Lloyd

Glad you got it, David. It's a great lens. I'm lazy too, thats why even though I have 5 external viewfinders for my lenses for the Leica, I almost never bother with them. The 25 I just figure it fills the viewfinder. 99% of the time, that works well enough.

Looking forward to more from you with that baby!

CharlesK

Robert, Mike and Denny, thank you:)
Robert, the 50 Nocti here is the earlier version f/1.0, about 16 years old. Almost affordable :D
David, great lens the ZM 25! I did use the CV 21/25 external finder and still use it with the 24 Lux. It is small, cheap and works well. Best is that you can see outside the 25 frame line for composing the shot.

rayyan

Rayyan, excellent shots, particularly the last shot! This really captures the moment:)

Shots from yesterday afternoon, portrait shoot in Brisbane streets with the 50 Nocti:)

Charles, beautifully executed.:thumbs:
Thank you.

mAlKhamis

David, Lovely set !

Charles , thank you so much, so glad you do !! Its an honor for me ! and seriously your last set with this stunning model is just beautiful and charming, well done !!

rayyan, yet another excellent composition, nice job !

Status
Not open for further replies.