The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude163

While Patrick is on the west coast,Im busy on the East Coast. More from that set i did for the family of a coworker , this time no fill in flash, natural light only just how I like it, 25-30 minutes before a gorgeous Canadian sunset and my old standby 1964 cron 50

the 6 month pregnant redhead readjusting her hair between shots

My coworkers Wife , mom to 3 kids!

and the 60+ yr old couple about to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary , still in love after all these years ( and 7 kids!!)

Hosermage

Patrick, love the first shot of the glass, at first I thought it was on a mirror, but upon closer inpection I realized it wasn't. Made me appreciate it even more, excellent color!

Rob, I prefer natural lights, too. Personally, I never use any flash on any of my cameras.

Lloyd

Well, this thread never fails... stunning and inspiring work. I'm hopelessly behind, and so busy I don't know when I'll be able to catch up, but keep it coming everyone.

MichaelM6

Agreed. This is quite the thread. I've taken some stuff lately...I would quote all of the wonderful work in this thread specifically, but my internet connection is so slow here!

I was on vacation last week in the outer banks, so I've not been posting much lately. Here's a couple things...

Dave Matthews is my girlfriend's parent's neighbor (and I'm a major huge fan) - here's his farm (this is for a friend of mine that is an even bigger fan)

Best of What's Around by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

Here's a self portrait I took when I got home

Self Reflection by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

Here's an oldie I took with my M6

Madelena and Natalia by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

my sister at the beach

Jennifer by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

A view from the balcony at the beach last week..

Storm Clouds by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

I was disappointed I didn't get to shoot more. It rained every night just as we were coming in from the beach. I spent all day at the beach, and with temperatures around 100 and a wedding to shoot coming up next month, I decided to play it safe with the M8!

mAlKhamis

Patrick, Excellent set from Toronto, beautiful views, and i really liked the abstracty slow motion ones, awesome work !!

Robert, Beautiful set specially the first portrait for the mom, great job !

Gary, nice set !

Michael, really lovely set ! specially the self-portrait ! well done !

ashwinrao1

ashwinrao, what is going on here? To my eyes, this looks like a composite image--the folks in the foreground seem to pop too much. Optical illusion? I like the image, it is just disconcerting...

?
Hi Shashin, nope this is actually one image, nothing composited (not my style)...it's the 3D effect of the 35 lux FLE....kind of mindbending at times.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and feedback.

ashwinrao1

Ashwin, another beautiful set from Paris ! amazing stories, well done buddy !

rayyan, B&W shot ! outside and inside, is a killer ! well done !

Steve, denny, and David, really nice sets !

I just love this old man, he is one of my friend's father ! taken by M9 and 50 cron !

Me and my daughter ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

This one is amazing, Mohammad...stunning imagery...almost surreal, dare I say...I love your recent series of these evocative portraits!

ashwinrao1

Just got back from a weekend trip to Seattle... sorry for missing you, Ashwin! We left almost immediately after giving notice, and didn't have a connection all weekend :(

No worries at all. Keep us Seattle folks posted when you next have a chance to come down...it'd be great to meet up!

Hosermage

it's the 3D effect of the 35 lux FLE....kind of mindbending at times.
Ah.. Ashwin.. I've been able to resist that lens comfortably.. until now! That image really caught my attention too. Your Paris images brought back great memories... I must visit it again with my M9, I mean my wife!

Here a few shots of nothingness with the 25mm Biogon:

A

aceshooter

Pictures on this forum are getting better and better. Great work everyone!

Here is one of Mila. I could not believe how the light reflected in her hair!
M8 and 50 1.4 pre-asph.

Lloyd

Patrick, Excellent set from Toronto, beautiful views, and i really liked the abstracty slow motion ones, awesome work !!

Robert, Beautiful set specially the first portrait for the mom, great job !

Gary, nice set !

Michael, really lovely set ! specially the self-portrait ! well done !
Big plus 1 one to all of the above. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Ah.. Ashwin.. I've been able to resist that lens comfortably.. until now! That image really caught my attention too. Your Paris images brought back great memories... I must visit it again with my M9, I mean my wife!

Here a few shots of nothingness with the 25mm Biogon:
Yeah. Let the wife come carry the extra lenses. :D

Looks like you're getting the hang of that 25. :thumbup:

PatrickCheung

So many great photos in so little time! I'm pressed for time so I'll try to keep it short. It's nice seeing all these photos of family and close friends :)

Rob, 7 children and 40 years of marriage, but still being in love... that's very very commendable! Best of luck to them, and beautiful photos!

Michael, Dave Matthews huh... :p Pretty cool! Great photos as well :)

A second set from the weekend trip to Seattle, taken immediately after watching Rent (which was much better than the movie version). We hit the streets in search for a starbucks with free wi-fi to deal with a possible scam I found myself involved in (which I still am skeptical about). Our hour long wander around the city at midnight brought us through some very interesting experiences...

We ran into a very skilled saxophonist playing on the street, with his daughter (Who looked no older than 5) sitting close to him, falling asleep. He was VERY good though. There's a surprising ammount of street musicians out at night in Seattle, we saw a great drummer as well, but never got a photo of him.

Then a man on a big bike with neon lights zoom by us...

We kept walking towards Pike Place Market, but turned around after it got too sketchy. On our way back, we witnessed a guy get... forcefully relieved of his jacket... literally two meters from our face. A group of people walked down the street towards us, a man was walking alone next to us, one of the men in the group split off, pushes the lone man against the closest wall, and tells him he's giving him the jacket. We keep walking, and not a block down the street we see three bike cops messing around with 3 kids, no older than 16, telling them they'll arrest them and scaring them, making the kids beg not to arrest their friends, then making them choose between themselves as to which one was going to be arrested. Strange night.

Lloyd

Patrick: Yeah, Seattle is a sketchy place!! I mean if people like Matt, Ashwin, etc. are there, what do you suppose? ;) Nice pix too.

Rob: Nice portrait

dude163

That first shot of Hillary would be perfect for her first Live album cover :)

" Live in Seattle..........."

she can play her tune , " 2 metres from a hi-jacket"

PatrickCheung

It's the roughest place on earth, Lloyd, that's coming from first hand experience ;) LOL in all honesty though, it's one of the nicest places I've ever been. Clean, fun, cute. But like every city, there are times and places where it gets a little sketchy. I do believe my home neighborhood is much worse though... My street was semi-famous for a double homicide and attempted suicide for a while :( add that ontop of the gang shootings and grow ops in the neighborhood over... Seattle and Vancouver are nice places to be :)

Great idea rob :p Should hop on the piano and start busting out some tunes!

A little plea for help here... anyone ever deal with paypal to get money back from a seller who didn't provide the product? I dealt with a member on another forum for a $100 Yashica T4 (a partial birthday present from Hillary too)... got very clear communication between the seller and I prior to the payment (near instant replies to PM), paid, then heard nearly nothing back from him since then. He told me he'd ship out on Monday, but I never heard back from him. I asked him for an update, but still no reply. I'm hoping he'll reply soon.. :\ I paid him as a purchase of goods on paypal, I should be covered by paypal, right?

Gary Clennan

Hey Patrick. I got scammed by someone when I was living in the Philippines. I bought an M8 from a seller who had a listing on Steve Huff's site. I had a ton of communication, pictures, etc from the seller before buying via Paypal. Problem is that he got my money and didn't ship the item. After much pestering, he actually even admitted to scamming me to "get back" at someone who scammed him. He ended up living in the Phils as well! Any way - file a dispute right away on the Paypal site as goods not recieved. Then follow up with them via phone the very next day and periodically thereafter. I ended up getting a full refund for the purchase from Paypal. You will need to act quickly though.... All the best - good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.