The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAlKhamis

Ashwin, I'm overwhelmed with an M master photographer kind words like yours, thank you so much, i really appreciate it ! cheers buddy !

David, really nice couple of shots with 25 Bio, liked the first one more !

aceshooter, stunning portrait !

rayyan

Rayyan, that first shot above is stunning...has an elemental quality about it.

Paris awaits you, by the way, my friend. I'd love to see images through your eyes!
Ashwin, thank you so very much. My images would not be better than what you are showing us.

Best regards.

DwF

Daunting! the number of good photos here, but I will post a couple anyway from the apple, The Village, Lower Manhattan (Memorial Park) and The High Line.
David

Lloyd

Gary: Cool, green and beautiful!

Rayyan: Palpable color and texture. Love it!

David: Excellent set. Love the b/w conversion too.

PatrickCheung

Gary, thanks for the heads up! I'll give the guy one more day and notice before I file a complaint with paypal. I'm just worried that the man shipped the goods, but failed to notify me... I don't want to take his camera and his money, you know? And for the scammer who tried to scam you... that's a horrible reason to be scamming someone else, to "get back at" another scammer... :\ Glad it worked out for you though! Loving the second photo btw :)

Rayyan, great capture :) I really like the super colourful photos you post... wish I can live in such a colourful place and fully enjoy it. Sucks being colour blind...

proenca

great pictures here as usual :)

for me, a new challenge : 24mm Elmarit f2.8 ASPH.

Picked up one at a incredible price and I've always heard good things about this legendary lens : its all that plus few more. Its sharpness corner to corner, its clarity its cleary on its own league.

The challenge is the depth of field. Having been using a Noctilux as my staple lens for almost two years, I'm used to OOF. I'm used to isolate things. Now its virtually impossible to do so - and sooooo much more care I must take when taking a picture.

Its challenging me in the same way when I changed from dSLR to Leica's M - so I'm sorry for these simple pictures, but I will improve ! I will !

My first day with this marvellous lens around Lisbon - really, still getting used to the sharpness, corner to corner, low distortion and immense clarity and details :

ps : such a JOY to have only a tiny 24mm finder on top of my M instead of the frakenfinder

pss : can't wait to do a second outing to try out my new Noctilux : upgraded from the 1.0 to the new 0.95. oh boy

CharlesK

Rayyan, the shot,"Meknes, Morocco. The city walls.. outside and inside.." is amazing! Love the composition:)
Steve, nice captures:)
Denny, really enjoying those night city scapes!
Michael, nice set, but that self portrait is great!!
David, the first shot is well caught:) Nice compositions!
Mohammad, stunning portrait of your friend's father!!!
Ace, great portrait capture! The expression is magic:)
Robert, nicely captured portrait. Very much at ease:)
Patrick, really interesting series of night shots:)
Gary, beautiful rich landscapes!
Rayyan,
stunning last shot of the door and alley!!
DwF, really nice street set, particularly the last shot:)
proenca, the last is of classic elegance:)

Another shot from the portrait shoot with the 50 Nocti f/1.0 @ f1.0:)

dude163

I went over to a pals house to take some shots of his very kool 1952 Chrysler New Yorker , so after a few shots in the sunset he took me for a spin around town in it, it was awesome! here is one of us going down the street, I processed it to look like a vintage photo on purpose, hope you like it! more to follow

DwF

Thank you Lloyd!
And Charles, you've captured several levels here with this beautiful model. The touch of light on her hair just adds in to what is already a great moment.

Here is one of the two Memorial Pools where WTC Towers 1 and 2 stood. The others are from The High Line and along Eighth Avenue.

Best,
David

retow

The Eiger north face did not look too scary today. And a few more from above 2600 meters.

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

Rob, cool car, and cool photo :p Would be awesome to drive something like that!

retow, very nice set... really pretty :) Wish I could climb a mountain someday...

I guess I'll ask for advice here... so I messaged the guy who I thought was scamming me once a day, hoping for a reply. I told him in today's message that I'm making a report to paypal if he doesn't provide proof of shipment tonight, and he instantly replied, telling me it's been shipped out on Monday July 31, like he said it would be, and that I should "learn some patience and wait for it to come" because "If [I'm] going to be shooting film, I should learn to be patient." I told the seller I'm looking forward to seeing proof of payment. He still hasn't provided proof of shipment yet. I brought this up with a mod at the forum, and all I got in reply was "he might find your insecurities a pain to deal with" and "make a report with paypal if it doesn't come." What should I do now? Also, I'm not asking too much for expecting an update on the deal 96 hours after confirmed payment, am I?

ANYWAY.

Last of my Seattle set. We walked around Pike Place Market on Sunday :) A very cool place... I love it! Very high energy, cool little shops, very nice food. An all around nice place to be :) I would love to go back again someday!

Two from the Hotel :) Hillary and her Sister

And from Pike Place :)

A Philipina selling toys :) We bought two

Emery Carl, a busker who can play the guitar behind his head, hula-hoop, and play the harmonica at the same time. Very cool :)

Cute navy girl singers :)

And the cutest dog ever :)

Hosermage

Patrick, since you should be protected by paypal, there's no need to worry. If it's shipped on Monday, give it a week, and if not received, then just file it with paypal (I think they may even have some minimum wait time before filing). What you're dealing with is a seller with poor communication, and you should give him the proper feedback, but not until everything is settled. If you know that you're an anxious buyer, then next time you should ask for tracking number and ship date before the purchase, even if you have to pay a little bit more, for the ease of mind. Personally, I would rather let a deal slip by if the seller doesn't have good feedback/ratings.

Very nice set of pictures, BTW :) Somehow I feel the processing is a bit less "aggressive" then your normal self, and I find them very pleasing. The puppy, of course, is irresistible!

Gary Clennan

Nice pics Patrick - I like the puppy pic as well. I would suggest you still phone Paypal just to discuss the situation and find out your next course of action if needed. That way you will be ready when and if the time comes. As a seller, I will always provide a tracking number right away to the buyer - even if they don't ask for one. It's just good practice. Anyway - hope it all works out in the end for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.