The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

great work posted in the last day :) I loved the set from Sri Lanka, Ghoonk!

And the black and white portraits were also quite the treat, Bruno :p

I scanned a roll of photos from my T4 yesterday... wasn't too happy with it. Of my 36 exposures, I only kept about 7... I normally get more. Made me want to slow down a bit and stop rushing. Hillary always said I "ate film" :p Point and Shoot doesn't necessarily mean Point and Shoot! Anyway.

This roll spans about two days... On saturday, we were treated with a surprise visit from Paige's (Hillary's sister) ex-boyfriend from LA :p We took him out for Dim Sum the next morning, though he was feeling a little hung over from the party Paige threw them the night before....

Photography has this great power to distort the truth... that's something I've noticed after viewing these photos. Garrett is rarely ever like this... I'll post a better photo of him when I get my next roll developed :) He's a really great guy, very kind. When we found out Paige and Garrett broke up, we were definitely rooting for them to get back together... and well :) They did. Happy weekend!

After dimsum, Hillary, Jean (Hillary's mom), and I went to the mall to get Hillary some new glasses... and of course, the girls did a little shopping too. The dress looked good on Hillary, but we didn't end up getting it :(

And the next few photos are from the day after :) I don't quite remember what we were up to.. but we ended up at Granville Island again.

Hillary and Ducky, my Duck-shaped Bag :)

We have so many of these photos...

Surprise :)

I think I'm rather beautiful... Hillary needs a little work though.

I find it kinda cool how the roll was split. Sunday was very... documentary style. Monday was more relaxed, free... kinda cool :) Not my best work, but I definitely like this roll.

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

Oh yes yes, Thanks for the reminder Chris! I was linked there once, but I keep forgetting to post there :) I'll get my photos up there in the next post :)

D&A

Patrick,

I absolutely adore your photo entitiled "Surprise" (above). At first glance, I wasn't sure who's arm was who (and where) and that hand holding up the half eaten cupcake is the icing on the cake....literally and figuratively :). The spontinaity is also part of the mix that works on so many levels. Very nice indeed!

Dave (D&A)

PatrickCheung

Haha, thanks Dave! We were hanging out at Granville Island, Hillary's favourite place in Vancouver. She walked infront of me for a bit and for some odd reason I just felt like doing.. THAT. So I did. :) The arms reaching out to the camera are mine ;)

mdwsta4

David - Great night shot. Recently started reading your blog and really enjoy it. I'm also in LA (Santa Monica) if you're ever interested in getting together for a drink or a photo walk.

Patrick - it's great to see your relationship and better half in front of and behind the camera.

Woody - I've really been enjoying your wide angle stitched images. Are you doing anything in particular when shooting/processing to eliminate distortion and line them up so well?

Ashwin - that pyramid shot is unbelievable!

Hosermage

Matt, thanks very much! Next time I'm heading around your neighborhood, I'll be sure to let you know in advance! :)

While waiting for valet in Vegas, saw this nice couple on their way to get married. So I asked them for a photo and they agreed.

dude163

this is going to look lame here, but its a 9 photo stitch of the bay of Fundy near where I live

however, I also created a photosynth that enables you to zoom and pan around using Microsofts ICE program and of course .........photosynth

Alma Rock cliffs - Photosynth

PatrickCheung

Love that last photo David :p His backpack seems more... "grown up" than my duck-shaped one!

Rob, that photosynth thing is pretty cool... maybe I should start doing more of these... and less handheld shakey panoramas. Been itching for an X-Pan lately.

Random photos from an old roll.. the last roll in my Electro GSN. I saw a giant pickle walking around downtown Vancouver with Hillary one day... so cool! I guess everyone's used to seeing it... nobody seems to notice anything strange on their walk!

I really like the pickle...

PatrickCheung

Got my first roll back from my new Nikon AF600/Lite Touch 28. A really cool camera with a 28/3.5 on it. Tack sharp, decent distortion control (if you hold it straight), compact (fits in my palm, XA sized), cute. A real cool camera!

I promised a better photo of Garrett, and here he is :) It was really nice having Garrett back actually. Last time we met was in February, and Hillary and I knew at once that he was a good man for Paige. Garrett stayed for a total of 5 days, but was only supposed to stay for 2. On the 3rd night here, the entire family got together for a Hot Pot dinner... it was really nice having everyone there in the same room. I think it's a great way to draw the Summer to a close.

And the rest of the roll is just me and Hillary goofing around :)

I just got back from a Chang family dinner. It was kinda nice 'cause at this point in time, everyone in the Chang family seems to remember me, even 90 year old Great Grandma :) Hillary's grandma seems to enjoy talking to me, Hillary's uncle and aunt asked me for computer advice and seemed to enjoy the conversation, and Great grandma smiles and points and me everytime she sees me :) It's nice to feel included.

PatrickCheung

:) Third post in a row!

I bought a Minolta Autocord in May for some medium format fun during the summer! It didn't get as much use as I thought it would, and shooting medium format during school is a hassle due to time and monetary constraints... so I sold it. I used the money to buy a Contax T2, which I can use year-round :) Though, I immediately felt a huge sense of seller's regret after I scanned the last roll in my Autocord. Here are a few from that roll, and a left over I forgot to scan from the Nikon AF600

This roll took a total of 3 weeks to shoot, there are multiple outfit changes, backgrounds, and our hair grew a bit with every frame, though it seemed like just last week that I loaded it up! Made me feel kind of sad that the last 3 weeks went by so fast. For Hillary and I, this is our last summer vacation, ever. We'll rarely ever get the opportunity to put everything aside and just relax, sit around, and do nothing, OR explore a new city, in the coming decades. Though, the bright side is that we still have a week and a half left :)

dude163

here is 6 shot stitch Panorama to break up Patricks posts :)

I was holding off on creating these because i was trying to figure out the best way to create/convert them, I think I have it cracked. The ICE program MS has ( which is free!) works quite well , even on a difficult stitch like this that involves rotating subject matter, there is only 1 that I can see that is off , but the photosynth doesnt have it, hmm

and a link to the photosynth

Windfarm PEI - Photosynth

m_driscoll

Everybody: Great work!

I did a little 'trolling' in the Palouse files from mid-June.

M9; Leica 21mm Super-Elmar-M f/3.4 ASPH; 1/1500s; ISO 160

M9; Leica 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/125s; ISO 160

M9; Leica 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/125s; ISO 160

M9; Leica 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/1500s; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

DavidE

Beautiful shots, Matt!

I especially love the first one. It has such smooth tones. The 21mm Super-Elmar is on good hands. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.