The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidE

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while. Real life intrudes.

Here are three shots from a New York trip in June. All were shot with an 18mm Super-Elmar.

I've been watching a lot of film noir movies lately. :)

PatrickCheung

Wow, David... really nice photos! I don't think I've ever been able to get photos similar to those. Don't know why, I guess I just don't have the eye for it :(

From the Zombie Walk in Vancouver yesterday :) I missed my M8... and that 28 Biogon.

And I thought my friend did a pretty good job with the makeup :p

Lloyd

Robert: Really nice stuff. Love the panos.
Patrick: Fun pix and accounts as always. The zombies in particular this time.
David: Great to have you posting again!!! Terrific work... even with that telephoto. ;)
Magnus: Love that moody monochrome shot. Nice.
Michael: Fun pix. Love that face in the second shot especially. (You're a lucky guy... and I know lucky guys... I am one!)

dude163

Michael those 3 are great, I even see a Leica guy in the 1st one ;)

and the 3rd one is my fave , so clear and bright

ashwinrao1

Stunning work, everyone.

Patrick, you my friend are prolific! your pics of Hillary and the pic of Hillary's sister and her guy (are they back together?) holding hands in the car...AMAZING. Zombie walk shots were cool too ;) Summer's not yet over (I hope), though...

Robert, great nostalgia in your recent captures, and lovely panos!

Matt, lovely to see the Palouse again...we will have to coordinate another trip out that way soon! Can you believe that 2 months has passed since then...

Michael, great evocative shots of the lady...love the processing

David, great to have you and your singular and unique vision back! Hopefully life intrudes less, and you can post more ;). Welcome back, my friend.

Hosermage

Nothing like the weekend to bring this thread hopping... I really enjoy reading every single post at Sunday night.

Celebrated a friend's thirty something birthday yesterday... it's great when people around me just behave normally while I snap away.

m_driscoll

Those are great shots, Matt.
Beautiful shots, Matt!
I especially love the first one. It has such smooth tones. The 21mm Super-Elmar is on good hands. :)
Matt, lovely to see the Palouse again...we will have to coordinate another trip out that way soon! Can you believe that 2 months has passed since then...
Gentlemen: Thanks! :D It's fun to see what I missed the first time through.

Ashwin: We'll have to figure something out when you get a break from FB season.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while. Real life intrudes.

Here are three shots from a New York trip in June. All were shot with an 18mm Super-Elmar.

I've been watching a lot of film noir movies lately. :)

And here are three shots from a New Orleans trip in May. All were shot with a 50mm Summilux.

David: Your B & W's are always an inspiration. I especially like these two. I bet you've got a few more 'dark' gems from NO. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

MichaelM6

Michael those 3 are great, I even see a Leica guy in the 1st one ;)

and the 3rd one is my fave , so clear and bright
Michael, great evocative shots of the lady...love the processing
Thanks guys. Ashwin - I appreciate that. I've spent a ton of time developing some actions that are suited to the M8 (both with and without an IR cut filter) while retaining an aesthetic that I like. Hard work!

There's a lot of great stuff around here. Crazy good stuff.

DavidE

Thanks Patrick, Lloyd, Ashwin, and Matt. Much appreciated.

Lloyd: Yep, the 50mm is still my longest M-mount lens. It's my telephoto. :)

I decided to use only the 50mm in New Orleans. Just felt right, somehow.

Here are a couple more from New York using the 18mm Super-Elmar.

JimCollum

M9, 50mm preasph

I have a roll of tri-x from the M6 drying.. is this the general Leica M image thread now (analog & digital combined)?

Lloyd

That's a beautiful image, Jim. The thread is still called "Digital M" images, but for my part, I enjoy seeing the film images here as well.

JimCollum

That's a beautiful image, Jim. The thread is still called "Digital M" images, but for my part, I enjoy seeing the film images here as well.
thanks !.. this is probably on of my all time favorite lenses.

I enjoy viewing (and posting) film images as well.. and from my part, an M image is that, regardless of film or digital.... just wondering where the best place to post, and view is.

Status
Not open for further replies.